main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Secret Sister III: Through the Storm - OT, Hoth thru Endor - UPDATED! 3-8-2006

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by SECRETSISTER, Jul 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PulsarSkate

PulsarSkate Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2003
    I agree, Up!

2. Delpo

Delpo Jedi Master star 1

Aug 12, 2002
    Me too, up it goes!

3. SECRETSISTER

SECRETSISTER Jedi Master star 8

Nov 18, 2001
    :D Now here's an 'up' for you! It's short, but the block is broken and I've finished the chapter. :eek: In my own way,too, I decided to answer Lando's comment from ROTJ as to who told the Brass about his 'little maneuver at the Battle of Taanab'. So, without further adieu......

----------------------------

?Wait, wait, wait!? Wes Janson?s interruption of Wedge and Lissa?s recital caused both of them to jump. They had returned to the Liberty exhausted and upset over the return of Princess Leia Organa and Luke Skywalker. What should have been a happy reunion had been instead a horror filled and anxious meeting. Both the returnees, and Chewbacca, were now aboard the Medical Frigate and were receiving treatment for injuries inflicted upon them by Darth Vader through torture and combat.

Admiral Ackbar and General Rieekan had been there to hear the story surrounding Luke and Leia?s long absence, most of which came from Wedge since the Princess had collapsed before their arrival. It was then decided that Wedge and Lissa should circulate the story among the Rogues and other personnel aboard the
    Liberty in order that the facts be known rather than letting inaccurate gossip run rampant through the ship. Wedge and Lissa had started with their closest companions who had been waiting anxiously for their return and somehow managed to provide a hot meal for the two informants ? even at this late hour in the ?ship?s night?. Wes Janson, like Tycho Celchu, Hobbie Klivian and Junker Emoi, had been listening quietly as the story unfolded. Now Wes was on his feet, his face and body language expressing amazement and excitement.

?Did you say ?Lando Calrissian?? The Lando Calrissian??

Wedge put down his fork and and slowly raised his eyes to the pilot?s face. That Wes was showing such enthusiasm was not unusual ? he had a penchant for picking odd times to insert a flash of humor into more serious discussions ? but Wedge sensed that this excitement was not fabricated. He motioned to the man to explain his interruption.

?If it?s the Lando Calrissian I think it is ? and it must be because as far as I know there?s only one of him ? he?s a hero on Taanab,? Wes stated with a grin. Then he shrugged. ?Well, as much of a hero as someone like him can be.?

?I know who you?re talking about,? Junker inserted. ?He?s from Ingo ? a gambler, confidence man, wheeler dealer, smuggler ? a real scoundrel.?

Wedge frowned his chagrin. ?That?s what Leia said that Solo called him. He was Baron-Administrator of Cloud City on Bespin where they went to get the Falcon repaired. He betrayed them to Vader.?

?Only because he got there first and threatened him with an Imperial takeover ? among other things.? Lissa inserted quietly. ?In the end, Mr. Calrissian tried to help them get Captain Solo back from the bounty hunter ? and he did help them escape.?

?True.? Wedge confirmed. ?I was about to say that.? He turned his attention back to Wes. ?So. What did Calrissian do for Taanab that made him a hero??

Wes grinned, turned his chair around and straddled it, leaning crossed arms on its back. ?Oh, nothing much. He just managed to take out a bunch of pirates that had been systematically relieving us of our farming profits ? all by himself and on a bet. You see, the high mucky mucks didn?t have the forces to resist or the spinal fortitude to even try. Calrissian bet them a hefty cut of the profits that he could do it all by himself.? The Taanabian?s grin widened. ?Calrissian went up and corralled the whole gang, shooting ion nets at them instead of missiles. He knocked out each and every ship. The local law took them all in custody and that was that! He even refused the winnings in the end ? or that?s how the story goes.? Wes stood. ?Really, Wedge, the Brass ought to be told. If Calrissian can be persuaded to join us??

?You?re kidding?? Wedge began.

?No, I don?t think he is,? Junker put in. ?Calrissian has a reputation for unusual and daring tactics and

4. Wes_Janson

Wes_Janson Jedi Youngling star 5

Mar 17, 2004
    /steals first reply.

MESA BACK!

My PC died a few times a while back and I lsot a TON of links, including this one.

great post, btw

5. _princess_leia_

_princess_leia_ Jedi Master star 6

Feb 23, 2004
    *walks in*

I love your story. I've only read the first part, it was awesome. If I read the same amount as I have been, I should be caught up in 2 days. I was up til 5 yesterday morning reading, and I finished it when I woke up. I love your story!

6. PulsarSkate

Nov 4, 2003
    You call that a short post! :eek: It's so nice to be back with Lissa and the Rogues, and as always you managed to get in a little side story ;) Fabulous update as always Sel! :)

7. Earwen_Lightrider

Earwen_Lightrider Former RSA & Spokantina CR star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2004
    That was fabulous Sel! And Lissa is so sweet! I'm still loving every word and look forward to more :)

8. JainaDurron

JainaDurron Jedi Master star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    Yay! You updated! :D Loved it as always.

~~Jilly

9. Lank_Pavail

Lank_Pavail Jedi Knight star 7

Sep 26, 2002
    WOOHOO! New post! [face_dancing]

You call this short? I call it stupendous! :D Once more, more than worth the wait.

10. Wedge_Antilles_Cmdr

Wedge_Antilles_Cmdr Jedi Master star 3

May 22, 2002
  11. _princess_leia_

Feb 23, 2004
    I didn't get any sleep last night sis, and I blame you. I couldn't stop reading, and when I finished the whole second part a 5:30, I tried to go to sleep, but 30 minutes later my mom woke me up. So, now I'm tired, and it's all your fault.:p

12. ShasaWaterwalker

ShasaWaterwalker Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    =D= =D=

I love it Sis!
    This is a story I could never get tired of.
    Lissa IS that ray of Sunshine.

:D

=D=

13. SECRETSISTER

SECRETSISTER Jedi Master star 8

Nov 18, 2001
    [face_laugh] Yes! I call it a short post - compared to when I used to post a whole chapter at once!

:( :) Leia, I don't know whether to be happy or sorry... though I am pleased that you like the story. With Wedge's ^^^ help, maybe it will make the archives once it's finished

Hm. Maybe I'm speaking too soon.... but in my mind, I'm carrying the story over through Lissa's time at school and her return to the squadron after Coruscant is taken - say around Ohhhhhh Wraith Squadron through Isard's Revenge.....

14. Lank_Pavail

Sep 26, 2002
    Lissa and the Wraiths.... [face_thinking]

Now that would just be plain hilarious! [face_laugh]

15. RogueTech

RogueTech Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 10, 2003
    Hehehehehe. Ohhhhh, yes, Lank. Remember Wedge's promise in SS II, and I quote:

"And if I should ever meet him, I'll be sure to introduce you to Garik Loran!"

He'll have to eat those words.....

16. _princess_leia_

Feb 23, 2004
    Leia, I don't know whether to be happy or sorry...

Be happy, I loved it!

17. Delpo

Delpo Jedi Master star 1

Aug 12, 2002
  18. Lank_Pavail

Sep 26, 2002
  19. Laine_Snowtrekker

Laine_Snowtrekker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 8, 2003
    Great post, Sel, however short you think it!

20. Lank_Pavail

Sep 26, 2002
    And up again :)

21. Lank_Pavail

Sep 26, 2002
    Going....UP! :p

22. Lank_Pavail

Sep 26, 2002
    And yet another up. :)

23. PulsarSkate

Nov 4, 2003
    More uppage than you could poke a stick at, Sel! :p

24. Delpo

Delpo Jedi Master star 1

Aug 12, 2002
    ¡Ay, arriba y arrrrriiiiba!

25. Mipcy

Mipcy Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 29, 2004
    Si. Arriba! Arriba! Como estas, Delpo? Yo quiero mas del cuento. Y tu?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.