main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sac, CA September Meeting

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Jedidoria, Aug 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedidoria

Jedidoria Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 21, 2006
    Typical second Saturday meeting coming up. We've got some great ideas that were thrown around at the BBQ that we'd like to make everyone aware of, so hope y'all can make it. We have some serious work in September as far as Cons are concerned and we've got a lot to talk about regarding Sac Horror.

I sent out the invite to everyone that is friends of the SVRF on FB. We're trying to move this group into the technological age...

Meeting: 9/11
    Time: 130p
    Place: Round Table (see scroll for address)

Hope to see everyone on the 11th.

2. TaintedJedi

TaintedJedi Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2004
    ...if we don't go, do the terrorists win?

3. Jedidoria

Jun 21, 2006
    Heck yeah they do, and we can't let that happen!!! So show up![face_flag]

4. DarthZemog

DarthZemog Jedi Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    Hey All,

Unfortunately I wont be able to make the September meeting, Viki and I will be attending the California Capital Airshow that Saturday! One of the headliners this year is the F-22 Raptor demonstration, and we're super excited to see this plane and see it in action, as well as the other fighters and bombers! If anyone else is interested, here is the link to the event information: http://www.californiacapitalairshow.com/event-information

If you go, wear sunscreen, wear a hat or have one handy, bring chairs to sit on, and maybe an umbrella for some shade too. Drink plenty of water, and if brining little ones, ear plugs may not be a bad idea, those jets can get LOUD!!! ;) If you haven't been to an air show, or haven't been to one in a long time, this is one of the best we have been to and I totally recommend checking it out!

As for the Sac Horror show at the end of September, I already let key folks know that I wont be able to attend this years Sac Horror show, since I have to go to Vegas for some family crap, groan. However, I am available for shifts on both Saturday and Sunday, preferably not opening shifts for the Sac Anime show on Sat 9/5 and the Sac Comic(?) show on Sunday 9/6. Not sure if we want to start a thread for that, or just handle that in this thread. I'm also in for the Ronald McDonald house event in October, just let me know if we need new artwork for coloring sheets or what not. I'm always down to help the kiddies!

Anyway, hope to see some folks that haven't been around lately at the cons on the first weekend, and if not, will catch up in October! Want to hear all about Celebration from those that went and see some pics too!

Later,
    ~DZ

5. Quinlan_Vos_1

Quinlan_Vos_1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 11, 2007
    Won't be able to make it. Maybe for a bit since it's my nephews 1st b-day(see post) which is SW themed. Hopefully, Pat & Dillon remember about it. I would really like you're Tie Pilots to come out. The invite is for the whole group as well, we could even have our meeting there for a change of scenery.
    Free Food, music & Star Wars fun for all ages.

@ Tetotom Park - 2127 Heartland Park, Antelope CA 95843 3pm-6pm

Like I said, I might be able to go to the meeting proper, but have to help w/set-up & getting the troops together.

Myke
    VOS & TK8476

6. TaintedJedi

Mar 2, 2004
    I'm working like 2pm-11pm. Sorry!

-TJ

7. Jedidoria

Jun 21, 2006
    Is it going to be worth having this meeting? We need to talk about the upcoming Con, Halloween at RMH and our missing Yoda dilemma...but if it's just going to be me and Marric and the girl child, it might not be worth the trip!

Can we get a Yea from everyone that IS attending?

"Yea" on Marric, me and Miss K...

8. Quinlan_Vos_1

Quinlan_Vos_1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 11, 2007
    Kimmie, Scott & I will be there. Not for long though, since I got my nephews 1st B-day that day at 3-6.

9. TaintedJedi

Mar 2, 2004
    ...um... i'll be able to help at the Sac Horror Sci-Fi show! [face_worried]

But no, I can't make the meeting. :_|

-TJ

10. Jedidoria

Jun 21, 2006
    There will be enough of us to have the meeting...but thanks for the tears, TJ. We'll miss you!

11. Leia1138

Leia1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 3, 2006
    I plan to go too.

12. Zam13

Zam13 Jedi Youngling

Sep 4, 2006
    Sorry about the late notice. Don't worry Myke, Dillon and I will be there as TIE Fighter Pilots.

Looking forward to seeing everybody tomorrow.

13. TaintedJedi

Mar 2, 2004
    Hope it's a great meeting!

-TJ

14. Jedidoria

Jun 21, 2006
    See everyone soon!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.