main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:QLD Serenity

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by DarthOpus, Apr 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -luigi-

-luigi- Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 26, 2002
    I feel the same way about Phantom Mennace, I think AOTC is the worst of the prequal films.

2. Nyder

Nyder Jedi Master star 4

Jun 27, 2002
    AOTC had more cringe worthy moments then Firefly and Serenity put together. You would think the absence of Jar Jar would have helped the film, as it is he probably would have improved it. :p

Nevertheless, it had enough goodies not to be a total failure (the space dogfight, Jango, the Coruscant chase, Yoda VS Dooku, the Clone war - despite some dodgy CGI here and there).

3. -luigi-

Jul 26, 2002
    The thing that pissed me off the most about AOTC was the "shakey cam" in the final battle scenes. That just isn't Star Wars.

4. NeecH

NeecH Jedi Master star 4

Feb 14, 2003
    ...it's funny that the 'shakey cam' didn't surface again in RotS.

It's weird; In AotC, I hated Anakin and loved Mace. In RotS, I hated Mace and less hated Anakin.

I hated Shmi and Kitster altogether and am mostly impartial toward young Boba Fett. ;) Just for the record.

5. Nyder

Nyder Jedi Master star 4

Jun 27, 2002
  6. MarvinTheMartian

MarvinTheMartian Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 31, 2002
    That style is definitely out of place in Star Wars....but I thought that shakey camera bit looks so cool :p

7. ImperialCourtessan

ImperialCourtessan Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 10, 2005

http://www.whedon.info/article.php3?id_article=14974

!!!

8. BigBossNass1138

BigBossNass1138 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    Care factor: Zero. Couldn't give a crap about HD DVD/BluRay, and won't until they get their act together with regards to less draconian DRM and a unified format.

And the line "she'll fly true" is gay.

*Shakes head in dismay* It was perfect, actually. Not only did it have a dual meaning, but it's perfectly in the manner of speech they use. (And I feel like disputing you anyway, because I really hate it when people use the word "gay" to mean "bad". First time I've seen it on these boards, and I'm very disappointed.)

I just watched Phantom Menace for the first time in a long time on Sunday night ... and found I really like it. To me, it has that 'classic' Star Wars feel now

My god... tell me you're joking. Last time I watched TPM it was as horrible as ever. Maybe I'll give it another chance when the Marathon rolls around... whenever that is.

I could also take the time here to make the argument that Anakin's awkwardness and weird behaviour in AotC is actually maybe a character thing, becuase he was raised in the Jedi temple and doesn't know how to function in the real world as a real person, but sadly I doubt it was done intentionally by Lucas or Christiansen. There are actually a lot of interesting points made in the prequels about the problems with the Jedi, but I think a lot of them were probably not planned, which is... sad. In a way.

9. NeecH

NeecH Jedi Master star 4

Feb 14, 2003
    No, I'm not joking - what's your point? I'm not going to change my opinion because it doesn't conform with the popular belief.

I feel that Phantom Menace is a fun movie. Sure I still cringe in some parts but there are a few moments in the original trilogy that I cringe to as well - it doesn't make me like them any less. ;)

10. -luigi-

Jul 26, 2002
    "I was but a learner" still bugs the **** out of me :D

11. Nyder

Nyder Jedi Master star 4

Jun 27, 2002
    "I care"
    "But I was going to go into Toshi's station to pick up some power converters!"
    "I got a little cooked but I'm OK."
    "He says he's the property of an Obi-Wan Kenobi. Is he a relative of yours do you know who he's talking about?" (the line isn't bad, but the delivery sounded gay) :p

12. NeecH

NeecH Jedi Master star 4

Feb 14, 2003
    "We-uh, ran into some old friends!" Again, the line isn't bad but 'drugged up' Carrie Fisher's delivery was a corker.

And Nyder, I just ripped into Shadow of Evil in the main Oceania forums for his use of the term 'gay'. Please don't make the QldFF boards sink to that level too. ;)

13. General Cargin

General Cargin Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 15, 1999
    Actually... that entire thread demonstrates why I avoid the Oceania board like the plague nowadays. It has devolved into something juvenile and I do not like it. Here's hoping we can maintain a certain level of sensibility...

... oh who the hell am I kidding?

14. NeecH

NeecH Jedi Master star 4

Feb 14, 2003
    Yeah, I made the mistake of going back there because no one was posting here... I even tried being polite and sociable to them but found they're still a bunch of petulant children without supervision.

15. MarvinTheMartian

MarvinTheMartian Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 31, 2002
    Its such a year 8 thing to say as well.

Oceania isnt all that bad....well I used to like posting there. But there just isnt any point to having it anymore. For meets we always do it in out respective state message boards, Oceania is just a spamfest

16. Nyder

Nyder Jedi Master star 4

Jun 27, 2002
    I will use it till the day I die! Ha ha... Would you prefer I say; that pronunciation was eruditely inconstruint? :p

17. NeecH

NeecH Jedi Master star 4

Feb 14, 2003
    Yes, and only because I don't know what it means and therefore can't be offended.

18. casual-jedi

casual-jedi Jedi Master star 4

May 6, 2002
    I doubt he really does(know what it means) either...;)

19. Nyder

Nyder Jedi Master star 4

Jun 27, 2002
    Actually, I do vaguely know what it means. I have no idea where I picked up those words, though.

20. NeecH

NeecH Jedi Master star 4

Feb 14, 2003
    Maybe you got one of those 'Word of the Day' calendars last Xmas. [face_laugh]

21. casual-jedi

May 6, 2002
    Well, one of them, I'm willing to put forward, you kinda made up... or horribly miss-spelled.:p

22. Nyder

Nyder Jedi Master star 4

Jun 27, 2002
    Dig your claws into someone else, you dictionary fascist. :p

23. casual-jedi

May 6, 2002
    Hey now, etymologists are people too you know.

24. Nyder

Nyder Jedi Master star 4

Jun 27, 2002
    That's news to me. :confused:

25. General Cargin

General Cargin Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 15, 1999
    Well I didn't need a dictionary to know that one of the words was either horrificallly mis-spelled or does not exist. Try reading a dictionary Nyder, instead of subsisting on the paper and ink.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.