main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Fran, CA SF fanfilm

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Toranaga81, Feb 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Toranaga81

Toranaga81 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 13, 2003
    Hola everyone, I study film in SF and am close to having a finished screenplay for a fan film I really want to make. I'm trying very hard to make a serious, good film that is more than just lightsaber fights. I was curious if anyone would be willing to help out? Possibly act? Donate props and costumes? Or just somehow be a part of it? The actual shooting of it won't happen until summer most likely, but it's good to know who is interested now. The basic plot is told in flashback by an old man who was once a jedi. It's about when he was younger, and his master got involved with a woman, which is of course forbidden, and how he goes crazy after a Sith assasinates her. The movie spends most of it's time with the old man when he was young, on a mission to rediscover his master, fighting many physical and emotional battles, and eventually losing his faith in the Jedi way, hence why he is just a regular old man. That was a bad pitch, but that's pretty much it. Thanks for any responses. Lata

2. cirrocco

cirrocco Jedi Youngling star 1

May 29, 2002
    That sounds like a great premise for a film! The SFFF, like the East Bay and many other fan clubs, are of course interested in making a fan film. Our resident director (and cameraman, and editor, and SFX editor, and scriptwriter, sound editor, and everything else) is DarthVader79.

You might want to talk to him and Jedi_Tenken. I think they have projects going on right now so a summer shooting schedule might work out well. The East Bay has a project going on right now, too, and we're trying to get it together for Wondercon in April.

What kind of equipment do you have available? Say you've got an XL1S, 16 MM Bolex or Panaflex, and wireless Sennheisers and you've made two new friends! Say you've got real honest-to-goodness lighting equipment and I'll be your best friend! I'll even let you drink off my soda-pop bottle without wiping it off! Say you've got a soundstage that's already painted chroma-key blue or green and I just might marry you!

But if you're like us you've got a MiniDV camera, a capture card, and various film editing programs, which means, of course, we're doing this the HARD WAY, as usual.

3. DarthVader79

DarthVader79 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2001
    I love the idea. I always wanted to do a project about the flashbacks of an old man. I can direct, edit and work cameras.

4. Jedi_Tenken

Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2000
    Lol... You just caught Erick (DV_79) still enamoured from after watching the Butterfly effect which was all about flashbacks and weirdness. Do you have a script written?

5. Toranaga81

Toranaga81 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 13, 2003
    I've done about 3 drafts of the script. Only recently did I decide to do it in a flashback. I have yet to write that in which will be a big task, but I think it will improve the film emotionaly and have it make more sense. Also, I'd like to do something in the opening where the old man is maybe some sort of travelling wanderer on tatooine, and he comes across Shmi Skywalker and she takes him in for some food and shelter. There the old man (his name is Owen) could meet Anakin and tell his flashback to him since Anakin would be super pumped ot hear anything Jedi related, so therefore Anakin acts as the audience. It would be cool to make this pre-Phantom Menace and have OWen be Anakin's first exposure to a real Jedi. I plan to direct and act in it because I know I can count on myself to always be there. I'd be looking for other actors, extras, and FX people.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.