main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Shadows of a Lost Padawan - Sian Ny - OC viggie series

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by VaderLVR64, Sep 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    BrightFeather Thank you, I think Sian is a bit of a ladies' man! ;)

2. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    Ah, a Jedi with a personality! That's the kind of OC buddy that Qui-Gon needs to take the serious edge off. Sian's a wonder friend to both Obi-Wan and Qui-gon.

3. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    ardavenportSian IS a little different than the typical Jedi. :p

Title: Consequences
    Author: VaderLVR64
    Characters: OC (Sian Ny), Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Summary: Our mistakes can come back to haunt us.
    Notes: sequel to ?Forgiveness?

[b]Consequences [/b]

Sian Ny maneuvered his hover chair into the Room of a Thousand Fountains, looking for Obi-Wan. Sending out a questing finger of the Force, he found the boy hidden in a corner of the huge chamber and made his way toward him. The boy was kneeling, his back turned toward the Knight, his shoulders slumped in dejection.

?An odd place to be at this time of the night,? Sian noted as he approached.

Obi-Wan did not turn, but his shoulders stiffened. ?I don?t remember asking for company.?

With a soft chuckle, Sian moved closer. ?You?ve been around Qui-Gon too long,? he observed. ?You?re developing his abysmal social skills.?

The boy gave an exasperated sigh. ?My apologies Master Ny, but I want to be alone.?

?Well, I?m afraid I can?t do that,? Sian said without any hint of remorse.

At last, the boy turned and looked at him, and the man was taken aback by the raw pain in those blue eyes. ?Did Master Qui-Gon send you??

Sian shrugged. ?More like I sent myself,? he replied. ?Your Master can be quite stubborn when he wants to.?

Obi-Wan?s lashes swept down, sheltering his gaze from the probing eyes of the Knight. ?I?m fine, Master Ny, really. You can leave.?

?Not very subtle, are you?? Sian teased.

Pointedly, Obi-Wan turned away and closed his eyes as if preparing for meditation. When Sian still did not leave, he spoke quietly. ?I prefer to meditate alone.?

?You?re in no state to meditate, young one,? Sian observed shrewdly. ?You?re emotions are in chaos.?

?Perhaps I?ll do better if I am [i]alone,[/i]? Obi-Wan answered.

?I?ll give you the same option I gave your Master,? the Knight explained. ?You can talk to me or I?ll just make myself such a nuisance that you?ll go mad.? He moved his hoverchair forward just enough to gently nudge the boy. ?So, whatever you decide is fine with me.?

Obi-Wan turned back to face him, rolling his eyes. ?Now I see why Master Qui-Gon wants to pound you into the ground most of the time,? he said through clenched teeth.

?Oh Force yes, I?m quite annoying,? Sian admitted gleefully. ?But really, it?s much more fun this way.?

?What will it take to make you leave me alone?? Obi-Wan asked tightly.

Sian pursed his lips and studied the boy. ?Just talk to me, Obi-Wan,? he said softly. ?I think we?re friends, aren?t we??

The boy seemed to consider this for a moment and then shrugged. ?I guess so,? he allowed. Then his lips quirked and a touch of the old humor returned. ?Except when you?re acting like this.?

Sian laughed. ?That?s just part of my charm and you know it,? he replied. Then he grew more serious. ?I talked to Qui-Gon.?

Obi-Wan?s expression grew taut, as if he were guarding a secret or keeping a tight rein on his emotions. ?I see,? he said in a neutral voice.

Moving closer still, Sian took one of Obi-Wan?s hands in his own. ?He?ll come around, you?ll see,? he assured the boy, but the boy was already shaking his head.

?No,? he murmured. ?I don?t think so.?

?Sure he will,? Sian said. ?He can?t hold a grudge; it?s not in his nature.?

Shooting the Knight a skeptical look, Obi-Wan muttered. ?Are we talking about Qui-Gon [i]Jinn[/i]??

?The very same,? Sian answered with a half-smile. ?He can be stubborn, I admit.?

There was a snort from the boy and Sian had to smile. The Knight motioned the boy closer. ?I want to sit on the grass,? he explained. ?It seems a very long time since I did that.? He braced part of his weight on Obi-Wan?s shoulder and then used his upper body strength to lower his body to the ground. Lifting his legs in his hands, he arranged them carefully.

?Do you want to talk about what happened?? Sian prompted.

?Not especially,? Obi-Wan replied.

?Ah, the strong silent type,? Sian remarked.

There was a long-suffering sigh from the b

4. BrightFeather

BrightFeather Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 13, 2005
    I don't think I've mentioned how much I like Sian. :D He's a great character! Can we have another soon?

BrightFeather

5. Shanny_bear

Shanny_bear Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 12, 2006
    What a touching story. I know it must have been hard for Qui-Gon right after Xanatos. I?m liking Sian as well. Qui-Gon?s visit was well timed indeed. I guess maybe the Force has spoken? considering who he was talking to later.

I loved Obi-Wan and Sian?s interaction. It felt very fluid, natural. His sense of humor, in particular, entertains me to no end. Gosh, that part where they were playing with the ale was hilarious! I almost laughed myself blue!

I think the three of them have a wonderful relationship. I?d very much be interested in ready any more of this.

-Shanny

6. Jedi_Tigris

Jedi_Tigris Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    The Debriefing - [face_laugh] I love their banter. And poor Obi, not knowing how to deal with these two silly masters. :p

Consequences - :_| [face_love] Sian is quite a force to be reckoned with! And Obi looks like he's picking up some of Qui's traits. I'm glad the pair has Sian around to help them through this time. His humor and stubborness sure helps!

Beautiful! I do love Sian, he's such a great character. :D

7. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    Awwwwww Sian was just what Obi-Wan needed! [face_love] That was so perfectly adorable -- well done! So glad to see more of these!

8. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    BrightFeather Thank you! I like him, too! [face_laugh] And I'm working on another one right now.

Shanny_bear Thank you so much, Padawan! I'm honored you like these three. Now, go write something else brilliant so I can read it! That's an order! [face_mischief]

Jedi_Tigris I have a small crush on him myself! :p

Layren Thanks! And since you're responsible for Sian even existing, that means even more! :D

9. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    This series will be continued on the Saga board as well. :p The first one Until Tomorrow is up. Thanks for reading!

10. raisedbywolves

raisedbywolves Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 1, 2005
    YAY! I can't believe I missed your continuation of this. What a dandy OC. I love his influence on Qui and Obi, and the way that he can get those two stiffs to clown around! Great stuff.

*heads over to Saga to see the rest*

11. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    raisedbywolves Glad you liked it! And I've updated the series on the Saga board again. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.