main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Should people be sterilized against their will?

Discussion in 'Archive: The Senate Floor' started by CarbonKnight, Jul 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FlamingSword

FlamingSword Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    Evolution is composed of many parts, ideas, and theories. Sure, there's a main idea behind it, but it hasn't been proven. Evolution is a theory.

Also, there are many people that believe that God created the universe and used evolution in the process.

I'm sure there are people in poorer countries (India, Africa, etc) that have no idea evolution even exists but believe their own version of creation. Would you steralize them?

2. CarbonKnight

CarbonKnight Jedi Youngling star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    At any rate, this is going way off topic.

Agreed.

I still fail to see your reasoning for sterilizing people, however. It sounds like something out of 1984.

As controversial as this sounds, mentally retarded people should probably be sterilized... although I question whether or not they could even have a healthy sexual relationship (keep in mind, alot of times they have the equivalent mind of a 10 year old or less).

3. CarbonKnight

Apr 19, 2002
    I'm sure there are people in poorer countries (India, Africa, etc) that have no idea evolution even exists but believe their own version of creation. Would you steralize them?

1. Africa isn't a country 2. Many Africans are prime candidates for sterilization.

As I said in a previous post:

Wait, that is, anyone who has looked at Evolution, and all the facts, and still doesn't believe it, should be sterilized.

4. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    I can't fathom how a scientist, not influenced by the Bible, could not believe in evolution

Perhaps you should do some research on such scientists and their views.

As controversial as this sounds, mentally retarded people should probably be sterilized... although I question whether or not they could even have a healthy sexual relationship (keep in mind, alot of times they have the equivalent mind of a 10 year old or less).

They are human beings, born with inalienable human rights that can never be taken away.

5. Darth_AYBABTU

Darth_AYBABTU Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 8, 2001

"mentally retarded people should probably be sterilized... "

I think CarbonKnight should be sterilized. It's for the common good.

[face_plain]

AYBABTU?

6. CarbonKnight

Apr 19, 2002
    They are human beings, born with inalienable human rights that can never be taken away.

The "human" argument is pointless. I will admit, in some weird way I am proud of humans. We truly are extremely intelligent, and a marvel. But we are still animals with intriguing evolutionary leftovers... Why extend some rights to humans like reproduction and not extend the same rights to animals?

7. AJA

AJA Jedi Master star 4

Oct 13, 1998
    Heil.

Hopefully, everyone here who thinks objectively is paying attention, because the truth becomes clearer and clearer all the time.

8. Darth_AYBABTU

Mar 8, 2001

There's only one "evolutionary leftover" in this thread, and he's hardly intriguing.

AYBABTU?

9. Ramius

Ramius Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 8, 2002
    Has anyone seen the movie I am Sam? I haven't, but I think I know the premise. A retarded man has a kid, and he loves her, but he is deemed unable to take care of her. So, why should this guy have been sterilized? If he hadn't been able to take care of his kid, the government would have taken her to a foster home. Why should we deny that little girl her life by sterilizing her father? But I might have missed something, because like I said, I haven't seen the movie.

10. CarbonKnight

Apr 19, 2002
    There's only one "evolutionary leftover" in this thread, and he's hardly intriguing.

Oh, please. I don't deny that I have some controversial views. Of course, what makes you think that mentally retarded should have kids? And just who would want to have sex with them?

11. Darth_AYBABTU

Mar 8, 2001
    How about this: you have one warning. Next one gets you a 48hr slap.

12. CarbonKnight

Apr 19, 2002
    Instead of flaming me, give me some kind of reasoning as to why you think I'm wrong (flat-out wrong apparently). Perhaps even more than 3 sentences (I know I'm asking alot)?

13. CarbonKnight

Apr 19, 2002
    Oh and are you aware that some of the mentally handicapped are sterilized against their will?

14. Darth_AYBABTU

Mar 8, 2001

I'll let your disregard for humanity and good taste speak for itself. The only one here in denial of the fact that you're crazy as hell seems to be you.

AYBABTU?

15. CarbonKnight

Apr 19, 2002
    Oh, please. I don't deny that I have some controversial views. Of course, what makes you think that mentally retarded should have kids? And just who would want to have sex with them?

I suppose I'm crazy for thinking this way. [face_plain]

16. Ramius

Ramius Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 8, 2002
    Go Here to see some nice information about eugenics.

Of course, what makes you think that mentally retarded should have kids?

Why should we be the judge of who can have kids and who can't? As long as they have their bits and pieces in good working condition, and they aren't a danger to anyone, then they have the right, IMO, to have kids.

And just who would want to have sex with them?

Whoever wants to can. Obviously some people do now.

17. CarbonKnight

Apr 19, 2002
    No. Not just anyone should be allowed to have kids.

18. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    Not just anyone should be allowed to have kids

According to whom?

19. CarbonKnight

Apr 19, 2002
    According to Evolution, Doctors, people with brains, etc.

20. Darth_AYBABTU

Mar 8, 2001
    "people with brains"

What would you know about that? This is the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen at the JC. Your disregard for taste and humanity is unparalleled since the 1930s. The notion that one innocent human should have fewer rights than another is nothing short of Hitler-esque.

I don't care if I get banned for that or not. If I'm the only one of the whole lot of you with the balls to call this one as I see it, then that's fine. I'm up to the task. I can only pray that CarbonKnight is the first in line to get a taste of his proposed sterilization, so that his pathetic message of hate and lunacy can't be spread to his own offspring.

Thank you, and goodnight.

AYBABTU?

Goodnight indeed.

21. Jirin_Raman

Jirin_Raman Jedi Master star 4

Apr 6, 2002
    No. Not just anyone should be allowed to have kids.

I agree, CarbonKnight. Just because one can bear children does not automatically make them fit to be a parent. This is a very touchy subject that usually will cause much anger amongst the general public, who feel that since the body naturally develops the ability to bear children, then that gives you the natural right to have them. The ability to be a good parent is NOT innate in all humans, as can be seen by just reading a daily newspaper. Molestors, child abusers, crack mothers, you name it. Are these people entitled to be parents? Is it fair and right for their children to become liabilities of the state, and to basically have next to no chance of having a good life?

Go Here to see some nice information about eugenics.

I have read information regarding Eugenics before, it is very informative stuff.

22. Lord Bane

Lord Bane Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 26, 1999
    This is, safe to say, a very touchy subject. Do we control the population through sterilization, weeding out such things as mental retardation and stopping criminals from reproducing? This sort of idea is radical, to say the least.

And on that note, these posts are becoming increasingly hostile. I suggest (read: demand) you watch the tone of your posts, everyone.

23. Lady_Jedi26

Lady_Jedi26 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 17, 2001
    can we please tone down the tension in here
    i have read all the posts made in here and they do seem a bit hostile
    yes everyone is entitled to their own opinions and this is a discussion thread but you can have a 'debate' without being harsh

now on topic i dont agree with sterilization it seems a cruel and inhumane thing to do no one should be forced to have it done just because they are different or dont believe in certain things

24. Jirin_Raman

Jirin_Raman Jedi Master star 4

Apr 6, 2002
    yes everyone is entitled to their own opinions and this is a discussion thread but you can have a 'debate' without being harsh

I agree with this sentiment as well. As of late, it seems that when someone disagrees with your opinions or views, rather than attack the viewpoint, they attack the person, never giving any real viewpoint or facts to counter the other person's view.

25. Lady_Jedi26

Lady_Jedi26 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 17, 2001
    yes thats true dont attack the messenger make comments on what they say about the topic its much better that way

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.