main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Resource Show off your fanfic cover, or request one!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Iverna, Jul 12, 2011.

1. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    Looks much better, but it appears that you sort of squished the SW logo?

2. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    This was a cover I made up for one of my fics:
    [​IMG][/s[poiler]

3. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    The title looks a bit off, but the image is cool. :)

4. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    I cannot draw for toffee.

I can produce most of a person by tracing, but even that fails when I try to trace the face.

5. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    I would pay somebody to draw a cover image and handle the rest because I can only draw silly doodles. This is the only reason my complete fic is not an e-book. :(

6. Gahmah Raan

Gahmah Raan Jedi Master star 3

Feb 2, 2015
    It is finished.

[​IMG]

In case you didn't notice a pattern with each episode's logo, I had a long-term plan to have the logo get more and more corrupted (or possessed) with every episode.

And starting with the last cover art I made, I've figured out how to keep the logo from blending into it.

Gamiel and mavjade like this.
  7. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Impressive, Gahmah, most impressive.

Lady_Misty likes this.
  8. Admiral Volshe

Admiral Volshe Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    I'm joining in! Yay!
    My first ever cover, for She Shall Rise Again. Horrible text at the bottom, but I was still learning! I'd only downloaded GIMP just for this project. @};-
    [​IMG]

My next cover, for Last of the Empire. This is nearly three years after the previous one.
    [​IMG]

And my most recent cover, for Anomaly. Just finished it today after finding this thread!
    [​IMG]

9. Cleo Jinn

Cleo Jinn Jedi Master star 4

Jun 7, 2015
    Oo la la.
    Admiral Volshe, your cover for SSRA is AMAZING!
    You should really put it on your thread, like you did with LOTE.

10. Cleo Jinn

Jun 7, 2015
    I need a cover done for one of my fanfics, but I can not do it good enough for myself.
    It would involve some origanal artwork, such as a young girl, a original species, Twilek, and a young boy.
    Does anyone no anybody who could do it?
    And just wondering, would it cost anything? Cause if it does, I can just try to do it myself.

11. Cleo Jinn

Jun 7, 2015
    No need, Admiral Volshe can do it.

12. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    And if any additional help is needed, I'll gladly jump in. :)

Admiral Volshe likes this.
  13. NightWatcher91

NightWatcher91 Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 7, 2014
    Some great covers for stories here!

Admiral Volshe likes this.
  14. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Here are the front and back covers for The Black Star.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

aleja2, TrakNar, Sith-I-5 and 6 others like this.
  15. DarthGaul

DarthGaul Jedi Master star 3

May 25, 2004
    Been on here a long time ago...did some covers for some and mainly many for my own.

My Star Wars Cover Art

This is is one I did recently for my current Micro-short story fan fic....

[​IMG]

Kahara, Findswoman and Ewok Poet like this.
  16. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    I have zero talent in this area, but would be honored if one of you would be willing to create one for me.

I wrote a story a long time ago featuring Zekk, Jysella Horn, and Ben Skywalker. It also introduced my OC Lens Eli. I am having a hard time locating it with the search function turned off. But I can provide whatever information necessary for a potential artist.

17. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    brodiew, I sent you a PM with the best way to find your old stories.

But for anyone else who happens to read this, you can search on google, just put what you want to search for and then site:boards.theforce.net. The more specific the better.

So you can do:

OC name here site:boards.theforce.net
    Title of story site:boards.theforce.net
    Name of author site:boards.theforce.net (I'd use that as a last resort, that's going to bring up a random smattering of all the times their name has been mentioned)

Now back to the beautiful cover art!

18. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Brodie, I'll gladly help you! :) Not familiar enough with these characters, apart from the little I read about them on Wook, but if there are good images of them somewhere, I am sure that something can be done.

I designed another set of covers, for Snowed In. I originally wanted this one to be cartoony and feature an original drawing I would commission, but then I found this CC-licenced photo of the Redwood Forest in the winter and I couldn't resist.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Click on each image to see it in its full resolution.

TrakNar, Kahara, jcgoble3 and 4 others like this.
  19. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    That looks fantastic, Ewok Poet, and I'm almost glad it didn't end up being cartoony after all, because this forest image and the overall design you went with is even more effective at getting across the serious, supernatural atmosphere of the story.

This got me thinking—at some point it could be really cool if the Photoshop-knowledgeable people here (like you) put together some kind of little tutorial explaining some basics of cover creation for the benefit of the noob set. :cool: Or is there already something like that around? If so, I would love to see it. :cool:

Kahara and Ewok Poet like this.
  20. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    I do have a couple of tutorials in mind, but I'm reluctant to put them up here. 1-1 sessions are OK, though. :)

21. Tarsier

Tarsier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 31, 2005
    Ewok Poet Love both your covers, they look very professional! Mind if I ask where you got the font for the Star Wars logo? Or is it your own creation?

Kahara, Findswoman and Ewok Poet like this.
  22. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Nah, it's a font called SW Distant Galaxy. I have never tried to make a font, come to think of it, I probably should give that a go.

And thanks, I never did a cover for a book that actually went to print, just Lush catalogs, lightboxes, roll-ups and banners. I'm just a web developer who knows how to design stuff. [face_blush]

whiskers, Findswoman and Tarsier like this.
  23. Admiral Volshe

Admiral Volshe Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012

To add another one I have, here's one called Starkiller that comes in various styles, too. :D
    I add it simply because I find Starkiller tends to work better in some situations than others. :)

24. Tarsier

Tarsier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 31, 2005
    Ewok Poet likes this.
  25. whiskers

whiskers Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 19, 2005
    Thanks for the fonts, Ewok Poet and Admiral Volshe, it's certainly appreciated.

I tried my hand at two covers this weekend. I'm kind of happy with the Dark Forces one I made (though cutting out the logo was a pain in the butt), but the Surviving Hope one is just not clicking with me. Concrit on both covers is welcome.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]