main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sidious' fighting style

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by r8hitman, May 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthSpartan

DarthSpartan Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 28, 2003
    I also like the idea that he never actually holds the saber. It floats in front of himand he moves it with the Force/his mind.

2. DARTHSHAME

DARTHSHAME Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2003
    I would not mind seeing Sidious use one brief tactic where he wields his sword with his mind, but when Yoda or Mace blocks this then he uses his hands. I think an entire fight with a floating lightsaber would eventually look silly. Plus, I want Sidious' hatred of the Jedi to be very clear and what better way than by showing the intensity of his blows as he strikes. The power blows fueled by hatred, another physical manifestation of the darkside.

3. Darth_TheCheat

Darth_TheCheat Jedi Youngling

May 1, 2004
    I kind of picture Sidious' fighting like Sephiroth from Final Fantasy 7, just standing there and pretty much owning everything which comes his way with little or no effort. Gives off that attitude of "Yup, I'm invincible. Sucks for you."

4. silverblade

silverblade Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 24, 2001
    If, as the TFN synopsis suggests, Mace confronts Palpatine with several other Jedi, I could see a force-guided saber throw employed to ward off or dispose of Mace's companions. I don't think this would be demonstrative of Sidious' entire fighting style.

5. DARTH_DIME

DARTH_DIME Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 5, 2004
    I've heard that Sidious will be the first to throw his saber in the PT.......

6. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    I haven't heard that, but it would be cool. I really would like for Sidious or Vader to use the Force to suspend his lightsaber in the air to do the fighting for him, just like in Heir to the Empire.

7. DARTH_DIME

Apr 5, 2004
    yeah he's gonna throw his saber at Mace which will in turn cause that face that we see him making on the before the helmet pic.......

8. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    I'm curious where you came across that information. Everyone on the net has a theory regarding Episode III and you have to be skeptical with what you consider to be factual.

9. theemperorsnewgroove

theemperorsnewgroove Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 11, 2003
    if you look at palps saber it looks like the hilt is smaller than other sabers. to me it seems like a one-handed saber. like palp wont use both hands on the saber when fighting but always have one hand free to do whatever.

10. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    I thought the hilt looked like any other lightsaber handle I've seen with the exception of Dooku's.

11. Texas_Jedi

Texas_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 1999
    Sidious style will be similar to Darth Maul's style.

"YOU HAVE BEEN WELL TRAINED MY YOUNG APPRENTICE THEY WILL BE NO MATCH FOR YOU."

It's funny how you guys think of Sidious as some devine being that can float on air and walk on water who doesn't need a lightsaber. The man is a sith lord who can be killed with a lightsaber therefore he must be able to defend himself with 1 and or to use 1 to aggressively kill someone.

12. rodman9866

rodman9866 Jedi Youngling

Mar 9, 2004
    One other style I think would suit Sidious/Palpatine well would be levitating combat. Not just jumping all over the place; rather, actually floating in the air and dueling.

i dont think lucus would want to rip of the matrix revolutions final epic battle scene....i think he will have something more original and "never seen before" type of thing.

although to see something like what happened between dooku and aayla (sp?) when they fought in the air and clashed light sabers or when anakin and aayla did in the forest while flying thru the air and just trying to hit each other really hard would be cool for a scene or 2.

13. DARTH_DIME

Apr 5, 2004
    Sidious's light saber will be thrown like a boomerang in Ep III

14. theemperorsnewgroove

theemperorsnewgroove Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 11, 2003
    i dont know, in the pic from thelightsaber.com where it is being held, it looks too short to be held with two hands. maybe its the angle, i dunno.

15. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    Sidious's light saber will be thrown like a boomerang in Ep III

Is that a fact? It's being stated as a fact.

16. BothofUs

BothofUs Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 5, 2003
    One-handed seems about right for that hilt. Sounds like a cool idea. I liked when Vader only needed to use his right hand to fend off Luke in the beginning of his duel with Luke in ESB.

I'd also like to know where that guy heard about the saber-throwing incident in Episode III.

17. Jedi-Master-Miller

Jedi-Master-Miller Jedi Youngling

May 3, 2004
    he is the dark lord of the sith he should have some skill, but hes had no formal training at a jedi academy like dooku has so he'll be good but not great still dont underestimate the power of the dark side

18. Darth Sidwell

Darth Sidwell Jedi Grand Master

Mar 12, 1999
    The size of Sidious's hilt is clearly too small to use any two-handed style. I would love to see Sidious use an Olympic-style fencing technique. It would be very elegant, and very much reflective of the character. Single-handed effortlessly blocking the blows from Yoda or Mace or whoever, disarming them like Vader did to Luke on Bespin.

19. Moojieba

Moojieba Jedi Master star 4

Mar 16, 2004
    I think it would be very cool for Sideous to throw a light saber into a Jedi, have it spear through him, and then Sideous uses the force to pushe the light saber up, cutting the JEdi in half,

And then he makes other JEdi's lightsaber's fly out of their hands and kill them. Or something to that effect.

I think it is likely that he won't really "use" the saber with his own hands because of the distance he puts himself from using a lightsaber in ROTJ. He associates a light saber as a Jedi's weapon. Its pretty clear that Palpatine prefers...other methods.

20. r8hitman

r8hitman Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2004
    If sidious threw his lightsaber I dont think it would be anything that special or new, vader threw his at luke in ROTJ.

I just hope lucas has sidious taunting the jedi and doing that cackling laugh while he's fighting, I think it makes him seem more sadistic and evil (kind of crazy too). [face_devil]

21. Darth_Sater

Darth_Sater Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    I think Sidious will be the first to throw his saber and bring it back to his hand using the Force.

22. Qui-Gon-Barbecue

Qui-Gon-Barbecue Jedi Youngling

May 3, 2004
    Whatever it is, I want to see sidious project an image of overwhelming, effortless power.

I swear if he goes backflipping-wire-fu on anybody I'm gonna cry like a baby. :_|

23. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001
    Can you just imagine him just standing in the distance while Yoda duels Sidious's lightsaber? Levitating it would be awesome. Then while he's controlling it with his mind, his hands are shooting lightning bolts and lunging debris at Yoda. Talk about controlling the force.

24. r8hitman

r8hitman Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2004
    I dont think Lucas would do something like that, to have sidious control his saber mentally while yoda hops around fighting would be too disrespectful to yoda. It makes yoda seem like a child compared to sidious, now I know sidious is powerful but if he was that powerful he would kill all the jedi himself.

If sidious controls his saber with the force then yoda should too. (Remember these two are the greatest force users in the galaxy)

25. Numbshiba

Numbshiba Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 31, 2003
    I'd like to see Sidious fight like Han. Not Solo, but Han from enter the dragon...

[image=http://www.bruceleecentral.com/enterthedragonsmallhan.jpg]

Actually, a fight where sidious disappears and reappears - like the fight between Bruce and Han at the end of Enter the Dragon would be quite amusing. He blinks on an and off like a hologram. Some of that Ghostface Killah, now-you-see-me, now-you-don't stuff. Keeps clipping yoda with with lighting from behind and slinking off.

Actually that would be dumb, but its fun to imagine it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.