main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sidious, Snoke and Salacious B Crumb’s Sarcastic and Sassy Situation Saloon (Fanfic Social Thread)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Briannakin , Oct 11, 2017.

1. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    [face_love] He's beautiful!

Ewok Poet and mavjade like this.
  2. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    What kind of dog is he?

3. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    They said he was a Westie and some other type of terrier mix. I think he probably might have some westie, his coat seems that way, but that's not the dominant part of the mix for sure. His legs are too long and his ears and tail aren't right. His face and ears seem a bit Jack Russel, but basically... no idea. I might eventually do the dog DNA test to see what he is.

4. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
    The results certainly would be interesting.

5. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    Yeah, there's no way he's a half Westie. Even though my sister's dog is a full Cairn Terrier, from what I understand and from the pictures I have seen, he looks more like a Westie than your puppy. But he does look like a terrier mix.

Ewok Poet likes this.
  6. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    Cairns and Westies are practically the same dog, so that makes sense. Westies were bred after a hunter in Scotland in the 19th century was tired of shooting his hunting dogs (Cairns) thinking they were the prey, so he bred to all white.

But I agree, certainly he has some kind of terrier in him.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2018
  7. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Ahhhh!! The pupper is so cute!

Ewok Poet and mavjade like this.
  8. whiskers

whiskers Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 19, 2005
    Such a cute dog!

Ewok Poet, Lady_Misty and mavjade like this.
  9. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    Awww! What a cute little pupper!

Ewok Poet, Lady_Misty and mavjade like this.
  10. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
    Puppies are adorable, by nature.

Ewok Poet likes this.
  11. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    That is true! I don't think I've ever met a puppy I didn't think wasn't adorable. And I honestly can't say the same for babies, though it's rare one isn't adorbs.

My watch, which tracks my steps is like, WOW! You're walking a lot more than normal, keep it up! Which is a change of pace from its usual judgement. :p This is because we're going out about every hour and a half until he learns that it takes a few minutes to get the elevator and then walk through the building to get outside. We almost didn't make it first thing this morning.

Mistress_Renata and Ewok Poet like this.
  12. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Mind. Blown.

Started the day with a nurse appointment and visit to laundrette (people doing my kitchen, disconnected my washing machine since last weekend.)

Went into work, getting there in time for a two hour training session in a boardroom that I christened the "SPECTRE boardroom".

I missed the original session, so based on the re-invite email, had expected go be interloping on mainly actuaries.

I walk in, see one familiar face out of those present, and I find a seat.

Two friends of mine walk in, the first from my team, commenting that he did not know I was in, and we exchange banter.

The part of me that has seen the second guy, one of my three best friends, is sliding slowly into a WTF moment, because he does not work for us!, and shouldn't be here.

I was due an update on that!

Then, ten minutes further on, the training host had us identify ourselves, our team, and when we joined.

So it was my mate's first day, but also for several attendees, including that first familiar face that I had spotted.

When he waved at me from his table, I realised that he used to work for us, and with me, but left about 5-7 years before when his job description changed beyond his skill set...now he's back!

My mate whose presence so shocked me, I had text a New Years' greeting to him and his wife, and he had responded that he would see me soon.

Guess this is what he meant.

13. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    Gah. This is one of those fish lense days, when everything is distorted.

A total of seven people annoyed me today and only mom eventually listened and, well, behaved like the normal person she, at the end of the day, is.

A further cousin dumped a poodoo-load of his hate towards his entire close family at me, then made me read an angry letter to his friend of 22 years, then waffled about random things, all of that while I absolutely had to work, and run errands. At the very end, he added that he was drunk and stoned. Like, thanks for telling me that on time...especially given the fact that your father and grandfather both died from alcoholism and that my first cousin baring the same genes also did.

Later on, a 20-year-old on the other forum told me to eat poodoo when I tried, politely, to explain the same thing as above - that people cannot be there for you every second, every moment in time and that a self-coping mechanism is necessary. I cut her some slack, because she's 20 and my cousin is 31; but eventually, she wrote something horrible and the other admin, two mods and an ex-mod warned me not to look at it, knowing that I already had a meh day and that work comes before everything else. Apparently, she's getting another warning point, which also implies an one-month-ban (we have no four and ten day ones on there).

The person who tried to comfort the 20-year-old was the forum's busybody - the person about whom nobody knows one single thing, who sticks her nose into every issue, everywhere, plays the BFF and then backs away the moment somebody really confides in her, cares about her etc. I have seen that happen. There's that type in every larger group of people, both offline and online, and on message boards, they're typically oldbies who never became admins or mods - for a good, good reason. I saw this one give a "brutal reality check" to a fifty-something abused by her husband, who can't even manage to keep her house clean and is otherwise a sweet, sensitive person. Yes, constant whining can get irritating, but you are not going to help this woman by making her cry. STFU.

I know that 7-8 out of 100 people are incapable of empathy, or have some sort of learned empathy, that defaults to pleasantries and basic manners. But since she's one of those, then why is she even trying? Social capital of some sorts? You're clearly not the best person to comfort sensitive people, so how about that you just...don't do it?

The other two can be described as "typical guys", of the "typical Balkans guys who never ever evolved and never ever will" subtype. I let one of them know that he's constantly misspelling something. In most cases, people are okay with that kind of stuff, I want my mistakes pointed out, always. Another one popped up, basically assuming it's all about him. And the first one, whom I had befriended otherwise, wrote to me and warned me never to say anything like that to him again, because "he graduated from the university and therefore he's literate". Okay. Okay.

Note: nobody is dyslectic in this case, using text-to-speech tools or anything similar. They just won't admit they're wrong, because their daddies taught them so. And nope, I'm aware that not all men are like that, but this is the retrosexual type, or whatever.

And if somebody tells me that this amounts to six and not seven, well, yeah. It doesn't, for a good reason.

A friend with no issue of any kind who's on the said forum because she enjoys it even three years after her minor depressive episode, and turned out to live closer than I thought, asked me to take a long walk with her and Judi this evening, so I'd better start looking for clothes that will keep me warm. :) She wonders how I can put up with all this and continue to joke, smile etc. Well...I learned from the best. They know who they are and how grateful I ended up being, eventually. And I never thought I would be. :)

Agi's response: "AGI AGI AGI AGI AGI AGI AGI AGI!"

I tried Pantenol, seems to be working so far. We'll see. Mom and I are in the yelling-at-each-other-all-day stage of our holiday preparation and it doesn't help that I have something super-important to finish. I guess I'll spend the whole tube.

As far as fluids go, that one's not an issue - I drink up to six litres of water and other beverages per day. I'm an obsessive, well, drinker of stuff. I can see a bottle of milk and just down it. Probably some neurotic thing. [face_blush]

Shall look if there's beeswax in my balm...I know there's almond oil...

I missed that. D'oh!

His eyes basically say, "I'm the funny one around here, plus NOBODY ever messes with me, geddit?"

Puppy and the laptop will have to wait. Deffo need fresh air...[face_hypnotized]

Mistress_Renata likes this.
  14. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
    Today was the second of two nice days before rain moves in.

15. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    I ate a whole pack of cakes with marzipan.

[​IMG]

Now I feel incredibly, incredibly sick. [face_sick]

Last edited: Jan 23, 2018
    Mistress_Renata likes this.
  16. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    I love marzipan, but I need to take it in small doses. A taste is fabulous, but too much is indeed [face_sick].

US govt. is up and running for the next three weeks. And Chyntuck thinks HER country is dysfunctional! Ha!

Not much news here. Still working my way through Poirot. Went out to dinner last at a VER-EH SWANK-EH restaurant! Sort of Indian Nouvelle Cuisine. Wonderful lamb kebab appetizer, then some sort of fish curry thing, and fig almond kulfi for dessert. Came home too stuffed to come online. I think I am going to do the 21 day financial fast now... for 21 days, you don't buy anything that is not a NEED... like milk or fresh produce. You are supposed to eat up only what is already in your pantry. No new clothes or shoes unless your only existing pairs all have holes. No new books, no movies, zilch. I may fudge some of the movie things, since I've got commitments with friends, and hello, Black Panther! But my biggest splurge is generally eating out or buying my lunch, so I am going to commit to 3 weeks of brown-bagging now that my lovely (and $$$) dinner is done.

Met with a financial counselor, which my employer brings in a few times a year; they are tweaking our retirement plan and wanted to give us a chance for some one-on-one to ask questions. So I did, I know what I need to do to meet the change, and I am on track in terms of savings, I guess. It will be a good few years before I can do that...unless I win the lottery! Then all bets are off! :D

Chyntuck likes this.
  17. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    What are those called over there where you live? Over here they are known as dammsugare <vacuum cleaner> or punchrullar <punch rolls>

18. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Mmmmmm. I love marzipan. Now I might have to go to the specialty grocery store tomorrow.

19. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Just heard that Ursula K. LeGuin is dead :(

20. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    Just read that. :(

21. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
    Same here, I have read a couple of her books and they were really good.

22. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    The cakes are apparently called "Pipettes" in English and there's no rum, as far as I know. Please, consume marzipan responsibly. Don't be like me. [face_sick][face_sick][face_sick]

Survived the bleeeeeeeeeeeeugh-fest. Woke up, had a headache... and a different kind of a digestive system issue. Now I fear the "double program". [face_sick]

I need to solve one more riddle for the project I'm working on by this evening, but I feel faint-ish. Hope I won't have to ask for another extension, because I already got one! I want to crawl in a gizka burrow today, chill & fanfic. Or, if it gets worse, go to bed. [face_beatup]

23. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Do it look like this when bitten into?
    [​IMG]

If so was I wrong and it's something different from the Swedish dammsugare / punchrullar

[​IMG]

even if the outward appearance is similar

Ewok Poet likes this.
  24. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Yup, looks like the first one. :)

And I don't want to see them for at least two weeks. Make that one month.

EDIT: This is so cute!

Last edited: Jan 24, 2018
    Mistress_Renata and Gamiel like this.
  25. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
    That was cute!