main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phx Sign-up for Idiots Array's Camping/Paintball Trip

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Idiots Array, Apr 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VoidDancer

VoidDancer Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 13, 2002
    Mick won't be home until after 5. Add in post work clean-up time and loading and that'll be close to 6. Then dinner and the drive up, so figure on us not being there till appx 2100-2130. Are we meeting at the Wench homestead or where ?

2. Idiots Array

Idiots Array Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 3, 2000
    Yeah, meeting at Wench's. I have mapquest directions printed out for whoever is in the convoy.

3. VoidDancer

Feb 13, 2002
    If you could get me a copy I'd appreciate it. I don't know if anybody is leaving with us yet friday night.

4. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Kev-Mas_Colcha Force Ghost star 5

Dec 15, 2002
    I'd leave Friday night with you guys, Void. Me and my dad at least. :)

5. VoidDancer

Feb 13, 2002
    Kev, Keep in mind that there will be over 21+ drinks in the evenings and shooting at some time before that. Make sure he's okay with firearms and you being around them. If he has any questions then let me know and I'll call or stop by to talk to him.

6. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    Don't worry, my Dad drinks wine a lot(not excessively), and also, as a former Boy Scout, at Summer Camp, I fired Guns at a target range with him. So, there's no need to worry. I've shot guns before, and I've been around parents drinking alcohol.

7. VoidDancer

Feb 13, 2002
    That may be fine with you, but I want to make sure your Dad is cool with everything so you can kep hanging out with us :)

8. ChoadsGirl

ChoadsGirl Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 11, 2002
    probably a good idea to get a "field trip" form or some type of parental release signed for him Void :)

9. Jedi_Wench

Jedi_Wench Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2002
    Sounds like sage advice to me as well. Just to cover the technicalities.

10. sideshow212

sideshow212 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    we already have the parental consent form signed for him. we got it on his first meeting. but yea, we need to hear it from your dad...

11. sideshow212

Feb 3, 2002
    oh BTW, jenn wont be going, so i will just ride both ways with void. that means (obviously) i will be heading up friday night...

12. chickey

chickey Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 21, 2002
    bump

Wench, what can I bring for saturday-sunday?

Does anyonewant to go up together saturday morning?

Why is the sky blue?

*I actually know that last one"

13. VoidDancer

Feb 13, 2002
    The sky isn't blue, it's chartreuse. But the pollution in the air has a nasty phase shift that makes it look blue

Umm.....who else is going friday night ? Me, Mick, Sideshow, and.......

14. Idiots Array

Jan 3, 2000
    MJEH and I are heading up Friday.

15. VoidDancer

Feb 13, 2002
    On your own or with us ? No matter either way, not sure what your schedule is.

16. blackfeather

blackfeather Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 6, 2002
    i (and my possibly g-f) will be going up friday night. so that's a second group of three or four that could go up together.

17. Commander_Choad

Commander_Choad Jedi Master star 4

Sep 11, 2002
    The plan is (currently, and subject to change) that Le Queen, Darth Husband, Le Prince, Le Choadsgirl and Le Choad, are all headed up to Flag on Friday - having spoken with Le Wench, she tells me that she is having people stay at her house on Friday night... We (the 5 of us at least) wish to find our campsite on Friday, that we can camp for more than one night, after driving 100+ miles to get there...

Anyone else interested? We are looking forward to a quiet night in the mountains, as I am quite sure that there will be moe than enough mayhem (or is that moe-hem??) on Saturday afternoon/evening...

Hobo stew is on the menu for Friday (wrap steak/burger w/ veggies and such in foil, throw it in the coals for about 30 minutes, open and eat).

Let us know so that we can co-ordinate.

That is all,

CC

18. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    Hey, Void, remember to have your Jungle Boots ready on that Friday. I'll have my $10 for ya.

19. sideshow212

Feb 3, 2002
    i'm good with camping friday...i'm easy, either way works for me!

i will just bring cash and buy whatever food we need when we get up there...

oh, a few thoughts:

someone, anyone; DON'T FORGET A HATCHET! this has happened to me before, its not fun trying to start a campfire with whole logs! :p

and should we check on campfires? what is the fire danger level? sometimes they dont allow campfires. it is april, so we should be OK, but we should check just in case.

20. VoidDancer

Feb 13, 2002
    I'm interested....I'll have to check with Mick.

Who has a hatchet ? We always used little bits of C4 ;)

Kev....Ummmm, I can't find the old ones dude. I'm still looking and it's getting my upset. I'll let you know.

21. sideshow212

Feb 3, 2002
    according to the southwest area wildland fire operations there are no restrictions or closues in arizona. good deal!

better to check now then have a ranger come and tell us when were out there...
    cold camps are no fun!

22. Sistine

Sistine Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    I told Moe my mom was concerned about us camping out in the middle of no-where and having some 'wierdos' show up. I said, "Mom, don't worry about." She replies, "Well what if they have guns?" It took all my will power not to say..."We'll have more!" :D

23. Idiots Array

Jan 3, 2000
    I'm good either way, camping or staying at Wench's. Let me double check with Rachel.

24. sideshow212

Feb 3, 2002
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

"what if they have guns!"
    like we won't?

thats the funniest thing i've heard all day!

25. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    I just about busted a gut when I read that!! [face_laugh] :eek:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.