main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Omaha, NE Since there's been no mention.....

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by That awful vracer, Apr 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. That awful vracer

That awful vracer Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 6, 2000
    are we not going to make an effort to purchase movie tickets as a group, like we did for Jay & Silent Bob? I do understand that some of you will be in Indy on May 3rd, but I think that a group buying effort would have been possible. But, since it's looks like it'll be every fanboy for themselves, can we at least agree on all trying to get tickets for the same showing? I'm thinking we should shoot for the 12:00 am showing(assuming there is one). Keep in mind back in '99, they had 4 mid-nite showings, each starting about 15 minutes apart. If they don't have mid-nite shows, then should we shoot for the first availiable showing (meaning if the first showing is at 10:00am that morning, then we get tickets for that 10:00am show)? I'd like to see the show with you guys, but I'm going to whatever first show they wind up having, club or no club. I know we're disorganized, but this is rediculous

2. craigrr

craigrr Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 8, 1999
    Considering we don't even know what the exact status is of the advance ticket sales and/or midnight showings, we don't really have much to plan. Yet, that is. Since I'll most likely be working that day, I'm opting for the 7pm show or some showing there abouts. If there are midnight showings, I'd definitely be up for it though.

3. paperclipx

paperclipx Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2001
    Yeah. Until Uncle George lets us know, what should we do? Look at our TRU plans. As soon as they let us know, we will make plans.

4. JediJohnSeever

JediJohnSeever Jedi Youngling

Nov 8, 2000
    Well, I would like to know, as I am driving form St. Joseph to Omaha on the 15 and leaving on the 17th.

I have been told by a friend that there is a showing in KC at midnight. rather that is true or not I am not sure.

I have paper's phone number and will give ya a call, but I will be going and I am bringing a friend along. I will be in my Jedi Costume and I ahve a hotel reservation for the Days Inn on M St.

Any chance to meet up with some of ya on the 15th when I get into town???

5. That awful vracer

That awful vracer Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 6, 2000
    Sure John, I live about a mile east of your motel. I have the 15th & 16th off, so we'll see what happens.

And as far as the ticket thing goes, yeah I realize that May 3rd is only the rumored date for advance ticket sales, but in the event that it IS the date, don't you guys think that it'd be a good idea to have a plan A, plan B, plan C, given the fluid nature of the date? To maybe have a preliminary head count, both for a potential mid-nite showing, and the 7 pm show that we we planing for the evening of the 16th. I have neither a Moviewatcher card, nor a credit card. Are there any club memebers that have these, and would they be willing to use them to order tickets on our behalf. Now that I think about it, are there a couple of you that have these cards, since I do believe there is a limit to the number of tickets? I don't think it would be to hard to come up with a flexible plan for doing this.

6. paperclipx

paperclipx Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2001
    Yes, your right Jeff. I've busy getting ready for Indy and a little miffed at LFL over the whole thing so far. But in a moment of calm, I realized what you were getting at. So comes forth, my latest post.....

7. JediJohnSeever

JediJohnSeever Jedi Youngling

Nov 8, 2000
    I have a Movie Watcher Card. GOt it when Resident Evil came out.

Still not sure what all I cna do with it. But count me in ont he head count for the midnight showing and the 7 pm showing. Also I am bringing a friend, and she wants to see it also. so that's two of us.

8. craigrr

craigrr Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 8, 1999
    You can count me in for either the first midnight showing or the 7pm or 7:30pm showing on the 16th.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.