main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT "Sith Lords are our Speciality"

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Mace Windu's Cousin, Dec 5, 2015.

1. Mace Windu's Cousin

Mace Windu's Cousin Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 6, 2015

What do you think was going through palpatine's mind when Obi-Wan said this ?

DaddlerTheDalek and DurararaFTW like this.
  2. Canyon D

Canyon D Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 17, 2015
    Dooku isn't a true Sith Lord

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

3. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Alrighty then.

As far as what was going through Palpatine's mind...probably "I can't wait to get to a private room with my expensive bourbon so I can let loose this storm of laughter that I am holding in."

4. WriterMan

WriterMan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2012
    I laugh at him when he's says that. I can't imagine what Palpatine thinks.

EDIT: Also why is Jango in there? I mean Grievous I can kinda understand because he at least was trained by one..but Jango?

Son of a Bith likes this.
  5. Davak24

Davak24 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 15, 2015
    He was probably thinking: "Lol. Maul's alive."

6. -NaTaLie-

-NaTaLie- Force Ghost star 4

Nov 5, 2001
    Ironic line on several levels.

Obi-Wan doesn't know he's talking to the Master Sith Lord himself. He killed one of his apprentices and will dismember the next one. He's in the presence of two current Sith Lords and the future one. He is cocky and gets schooled by Dooku (again).

Overall, I do love whenever Obi-Wan displays the reckless side of him (like that crazy jump through the window).

7. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Yes, he is.

8. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    He's probably doesn't take his words seriously because he thinks Obi-Wan's time is soon coming.

9. -NaTaLie-

Nov 5, 2001

Huh?

10. Canyon D

Canyon D Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 17, 2015
    No that's what Palpatine was thinking. Dooku is just a pawn, besides, Maul was still alive, and there can only be two.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

11. -NaTaLie-

Nov 5, 2001
    The movie came before TCW

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  12. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Maul isn't Palpatine's apprentice anymore, Dooku replaced him.

Besides, Maul might have died in one the unfinished Clone Wars arcs.

13. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Everyone is "just a pawn" to Palpatine.

You don't know if Maul is still alive. And even if he was, he's no longer a Sith Lord from the moment Sidious took Dooku as his Sith apprentice and dubbed him Darth Tyranus.

14. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    TCW established that Maul was alive, but Sidious made a specific note of confronting him and telling him that he is no longer the Sith apprentice and that he had been replaced. So no, just because he is still alive so far as is currently known, Sidious no longer recognized him as his apprentice.

Specifically at 2:42

15. HevyDevy

HevyDevy Force Ghost star 5

Apr 13, 2011
    This sums up what I was going to say.

Plus, Obi-Wan began the training of arguably the most famous Sith Lord.

16. TuskenTourniquet

TuskenTourniquet Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 22, 2015
    Obi Wan needs to slow down. To that point, he's 1-1 vs. Sith lords. Not exactly a "speciality".

17. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Maul is only alive in TCW because Lucas wanted to promote TPM in 3D. It has nothing to do with Dooku, and canon has been playing loose with the "rule of two" for awhile.

18. Darthlover3

Darthlover3 Jedi Youngling

Dec 4, 2015
    Dooku never really seemed to be a real threat, just a distraction.

19. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
  20. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    That was a coincidence, not the reason. The Maul episodes were released a couple of months later, if I'm not mistaken, and they were developed years before TPM was converted.

21. Alienware

Alienware Jedi Master star 3

Apr 19, 2013
    Just got an idea by reading this thread. Me and my brother are gonna make a recipe for some new cookies and we'll name them Sith Lords. Then we'll serve them for Christmas or something and say "Sith Lords are our speciality."

I agree with -NaTaLie- though.

Simmy, CIS Droid and HevyDevy like this.
  22. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    According to canon Darth Maul is one of the deadliest, most efficiently trained Sith in the Order's history. His tattooed markings smbolize his utter devotion to the dark side and marks his hatred of the Jedi. And its confirmed he and Savage formed a new Sith Order and become a rival splinter of the Sith Order(Ultimate Star Wars). Maul as a Sith Apprentice has the right to proclaim his own Sith Apprentice , Dooku passed up that chance with Ventress and Vader originally wanted to use Luke in that capacity to challenge Darth Sidious and overthrow him. Seems had Kenobi joined him on Mustafar Vader would attempted a much sooner coup to take over the Empire. Its pretty much the Sith way anyway.

Darth Maul remains a Sith Lord, since thats what he was ordained and titled - he's the last living heir to the legacy of Darth Bane. Neither Sidious nor Tyranus killed Maul, thus the rule of two remains broken by Darth Sidious himself. Its official that Maul and Savage opened up a rival Sith sect. Maul viewed Dooku as a Sith Pretender because 1 he unceremoniously replaced him and he's a Jedi traitor. As Maul said to Savage, his body was broken but his spirit was intact, sigifying the immense power he held and possibly he along with Talzin being the only two likely candiates to have cheated death. The will of the Force was on Maul's side, and he's like Plagueis' warning that the Force can strike back. Sidious betrayed Maul, not the other way around so by him betraying his apprentice and failing to destroy him, created ripple and the Dark Side balance was shifting towards Maul once he defeated and broke Kenobi's spirit - Kenobi being a champion of the Force( Light Side). Kenobi was someone Vader was never able to defeeat while Maul defeated him a few times that is important and Maul killed Jinn the first pick of the Force Priestess(es).

As for Kenobi's remark, thats just his typical attitude plus the Jedi are/were trained to fight Jedi since it was their ancient enemy(pre-Bane during a time when there was many Sith Lords), and am sure the Jedi revised their training post TPM and again post AOTC after combating Maul and Dooku to better fight against Sith and their minions like Grievous and Ventress.

Erkan12 likes this.
  23. Kenneth Morgan

Kenneth Morgan Chosen One star 5

May 27, 1999
    I figure Palpatine is saying, "Boy, that's a cool-sounding line. He has no clue about anything, but he really has a way with words. I really like the way he pronounces it 'spesh-ee-al-it-ee'. I'll have to talk with my speechwriters; I need good lines like that. Well, time for Dooku to die, I guess."

The Legions of Lettow likes this.
  24. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001

[​IMG]

minnishe likes this.
  25. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Computer says: 'No'.