main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chic, IL Sithman Theatre

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Sithman, Sep 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    You've seen The Resistance (golf club fight), you've seen the CF Paintball video, and you've seen Star Wars Fanz (me and my collection).

Okay, maybe you haven't seen them, but I thought it was a cool intro. :p

Anyways, in the continuing saga of Sithman Theatre here on the CF boards (do I really have a saga?), I present my newest short film I did this summer: Strikers.

It's a short (7:15 minute) action film. Tell me if you like it. Tell me if it sucks. If it really sucks, get Mark to hit me with a machete at the BBQ. Just remember I'm an amateur director who hasn't gone to film school yet (but I leave in two weeks :D ), and friends who aren't actors. Keep that in mind. ;)

Strikers - 38MB

Right-click and Save As to conserve bandwidth please. Danke. Thanks to our own Scott (General Kenobi) for hosting it.

Comments are appreciated, as always, d00ds!

2. Hazmatt

Hazmatt Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 16, 2002
    Sweet. What sort of steadicam rig did you use? I was just gearing up to build that $15 thingy off the webpage so I can smooth out the paintball footage in October. Also, what did you use to create the muzzle flare?

It would have been nice to hear tons of gunfire when they went down the hallway, a'la Butch & Sundance. I really liked the end shot with the sun flare.

3. Hawk-Bat

Hawk-Bat Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 4, 2003
    Amzaing I can't say it enough.

4. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    "Sweet. What sort of steadicam rig did you use? I was just gearing up to build that $15 thingy off the webpage so I can smooth out the paintball footage in October. Also, what did you use to create the muzzle flare?"

That's the steadicam rig I used. ;) The "$14 Steadycam" or whatever. It worked great too! :) I also built a small dolly for the slow push in for the first shot.

Muzzle flares (which look crappy, I know, but I suck at VFX and I don't care. :p It's not my major or my interest anyways, lol) were created using some free muzzle flares off a website called detonationfilms.com (I think). I put them in using Photoshop. But yeah, I suck at 'em, and this was the first time I ever did any VFX so it was a learning process.

As far as the ending, I actually debated inserting gunfire and muzzle flares (but with a far-off kind of sound). But in the end, I liked the silent run-in better!

5. General Kenobi

General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 31, 1998
    Chris, I don't think you have said enough.

So now we have the "Chief and Eddie = Butch and Sundance Theory"?

I doubt that Kevin has seen Butch Cassidy And The Sundance Kid. :p But that is quite the ending to a film. ;)

//puts "Raindrops Keep Fallin' On My Head" on teh jukebox.

Oops, wrong forum. :p

6. Schph_Gochi

Schph_Gochi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2002
    it does have a certain "mood" to it....love all the black and white....

7. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    "I doubt that Kevin has seen Butch Cassidy And The Sundance Kid. But that is quite the ending to a film."

*ahem* I have seen Butch Cassidy, so I knew exactly what Haz was talking about. :p

Oh, and thanks Phyllis, I tried to aim for that. Notice all the colors (as far as costumes, walls, guns, etc) are either black and white throughout the entire film, except for the ending scene. :eek: Intrigue-- what does it mean?!

8. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    I've upped my thread, now up yours!

9. darthgoat

darthgoat Jedi Master star 4

Sep 6, 2001
    Is the font on the titles from Batman?

Was this inspired my Counter-Strike? I mean the guy with the AWP storming in QCB? hehe

Nice job Sithy!

This was posted during d-con which is why I think a lot of us missed it.

Oh and nice use of the KOTOR music.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.