main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Snow?

Discussion in 'Archive: Santa Cruz, CA' started by DarkLordSid, Feb 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkLordSid

DarkLordSid Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2004
    Yep, a light dusting on the summit, but I think it's gonna get thicker later this weekend.

So, you locals that want to "go to the snow", it's up on Highway 9 at the summit (jct 35 and 9). That is IF the CHP lets you drive up there, when it gets too thick they just shut it down.

Two years ago we had it at Boulder Creek, IN TOWN, pretty wild. Don't know if that will happen again this year, but stay tuned.

2. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    There's some snow predicted in the forecast for Davis (yeah, that's right..I said Davis) this weekend *fingers crossed*
    It's been fricking freeezing here!

3. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003
    Same here, our local news predicted a dusting. All I know is I'm freezing my Jedi buns off..(*no wonder Kenobi hid out on Tat..he wasn't watching over Luke. He was just trying to get warm!*)

4. DarkLordSid

Aug 3, 2004
    Got pictures of the snow on Saturday at Castle Park, now how do I post um?

5. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    It was 75 and sunny today. :D

6. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    We did get about 5 minutes of freezing rain/slush/snow here on Saturday. That with some thunder and lightning made for a fun night. I felt so proud driving around with a layer of ice on my car.

7. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    The weather report said it may snow down past 2000ft again in the next few days.

8. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    Sunny skies in Davis today...the rest of the week may get exciting though.

9. DarkLordSid

Aug 3, 2004
    Nevermind, link to photo didn't work.

Bah.

10. DarkLordSid

Aug 3, 2004
    SERIOUS snow predicted for this weekend, levels down to 1000 feet, well below the summit.

Might get it at the house again, it'd be nice.

11. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    My radio alarm this morning started with a weather report that said it was currently snowing up in the Santa Cruz mountains. Though they also said there was a chance of snow down to sea level, so I'm not sure how reliable they are...

12. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    Snowing in Madera and Fresno right now according to our local news. All I can say is....

IT'S COLD!!!!!! BRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrr!

13. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    Well, no snow so far...

But we did get a small amount of hail. Cold weather, wind and hail... makes for a "fun" day at the school! [face_laugh] *looks out window at kids on playground running amok!!!!!!!**
    o_O [face_laugh]

14. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Hey, so how is the snow situation up in the mountains thus far? I heard a rumor that they closed Hwy 17 for a while yesterday...?

15. DarkLordSid

Aug 3, 2004
    Yeppers, it was snowing hard up there, almost came to the house, was about two miles away. Close but no cigar, sigh. Still there was and IS plenty on the summit still, was snowing lightly yesterday afternoon and it's been COLD up here, very bitterly cold, especially in a drafty old converted summer home. I'm looking forward to warmer days, that's for sure now, had enough of Winter I think.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.