main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So, how is everyone doing?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by DamonD, Jan 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. classixboy

classixboy Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    _vie_acheron, I love your avatar!

2. Esplin9466

Esplin9466 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 27, 2002
    lets hope somebody malicious doesnt come in and spoil us all

True dat.

_vie_acheron, I love your avatar!

Please. On these boards, it's called an "icon." ;)

3. Vezner

Vezner Force Ghost star 5

Dec 29, 2001
    I was pretty spoiled for Episode 1 but not from online sources, just from magazines. I knew a lot about the story but I didn't know everything. I was blown away by the duel between Obiwan/Quigon and Darth Maul. I knew there was a duel and all but I didn't realize it would be like that.

Anyway, for Episode 2 I was completely unspoiled (except for the trailers).

So far I am unspoiled for Ep 3 but I have to admit that I have been tempted lately to just let myself go nuts in the spoiler forum. I've never done that before and this will be my last chance to really spoil myself rotten for a SW movie.

I'm still debating what I will eventually do.

4. Ghost_Jedi

Ghost_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 27, 2003
    Vezner stay true, stay fresh, only way to enjoy ep iii it is.

5. Padlei

Padlei Jedi Master star 4

Mar 5, 2003
    I'm fine. For now. I still think I'm too spoiled even if I only know of the Hyperspace things and the SW magazine...
    It's going to be harder and harder I fear. But for now I pretty succeed in avoiding the main spoilers.
    Excited? A little everytime news creep up. But like Adam wisely said, it's a little too early to be excited! :)

6. SITHlover

SITHlover Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 30, 2002
    I am so spoiler free I am freaking myself out. I am starting to not come here or to any web site because over the next few months the real test takes place. GL and the gang will start to release more and more info and images from the movie which are, in my opinion, nothing but spoilers. I allowed myself the trailers for ep's I & II but I am going to try to avoid even that this time around, after all, this is the very last new episode ever to be released (as far as I know anyway!).

I am going to allow myself the next set of Clone Wars cartoons and then that's it until May of 2005, until then Entertainment Tonight and the like are the enemy.......................................!

p.s. wish me luck!

7. Malaki

Malaki Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 16, 2003
    Good luck, Sithlover. :)

I have had only one minor incident a while ago that threw things out of wack here for a while, but other than that, things have been going great.

I and a handful of others are going not only spoiler free (which includes anything that is officially released by the OS), but trailer free as well, which makes things much more dificult. But, we feel that the rewards in the end will be worth it.

8. DamonD

DamonD Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 22, 2002
    I'll definitely be taking a temporary 'leave of absense' from the JC at some point. Probably from the start of 2005.

I just feel that the chances of getting spoiled by some quick-registering troll could be too great. I'll also stay away from any other online websites or news agencies that could give me spoiler info.

Then as soon as I've seen Ep3, I'll be able to come back :) And there will be much wailing and gnashing of teeth :p

9. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    I would definitely stay away from the trailers.

Pablo from the OS said that in the next year at the OS, they were going to stay away from releasing the plot points of the movie, which is the most important aspect of this movie - we generally know what's going to happen and who's in the movie, but HOW it happens I don't want to know at all.

But he said the trailers will almost certainly have things in them that the non-spoiler people won't want to see.

Why? Because a trailer has to appeal to not just the hardcore fans who check out TFN every single day, but the average moviegoer. The trailer has to get the average person excited - which means they'll be showing stuff we won't want to see until opening night. 8-}

10. Malaki

Malaki Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 16, 2003
    The 3NSA has made a great decision to make this a private board, making the average troll pretty much impatint, but DamonD, you are right. There could very well be a possibility that someone would be malicious enough to take the time to sneek in here as a sock (most likely) and cause as much havok as possible until they are caught and banned.

However, such a troll almost seems inconsevable to me. I can't imagine someone going to such lengths to spoil the unwilling. But, I am relitivily new to these boards, and I wasn't here for AOTC, so I don't have anything for reference.

Even for us in the S&T Free thread it is hard, since we consider everything a spoiler so, even the 3NSA causes us some problems. But, if one is cautious enough while traveling around the boards, it has been fairly simple avoiding things we don't want to see.

11. stormcloud8

stormcloud8 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    It will be 100% impossible for me to stay aware from the trailers. Wish I could, but I'll be downloading them the second they are released.

I suspect the Dark Helmeted one will play a heavy role in the trailers. Even if he is only in the movie for a couple of minutes, they'll play him up in the trailers to excite the public.

And I know when I hear that breathing for the first time, it will all be worth it.

12. DamonD

DamonD Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 22, 2002
    I do have faith in the 3NSA Mods, but unless I confine myself soley to this forum in the future then I could easily be spoiled on the AOTC Forum, Saga Forum, etc.
    So I'll probably just stay offline to a great degree during the last 6 months or so of build-up to Ep3. Probably :)

I'm going to see the trailer, though. Some things will be just too difficult to avoid, so I've always been the in the frame of mind to see the trailers and still read the official SW Magazine. That way I can still get some cool pictures to whet my appetite without uncovering exactly how things go down.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.