main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So......that is an interesting YJCC banner, isn't it?

Discussion in 'Communications' started by eclipseSD, Nov 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eclipseSD

eclipseSD Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2002
    Any objections to the new layout in YJCC with that woman in it?

2. xie

xie Jedi Knight star 5

May 25, 2002
    1) The woman is probably inappropriate.

2) The banner is completely blurry, except for Obi-Wan and Dex. It's horrible.

3) The scheme just doesn't really fit.

4) Who is that "LL Cool J" type guy?

5) This is horrible.

3. LadyNaberrie

LadyNaberrie Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 7, 2002
    GET RID OF THE LADY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. SithDewd

SithDewd Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2000
    The only wrong with the new banner is that the resolution is too low. So what if the woman pictured is dressed a little different. There is noting obsence about the banner at all. The pic was taken from a PG movie and the last time I checked the boards were PG.

Linking to a site through manual sigs is advertising. Please don't advertise your site save in your sig and your profile.

5. Dark_Lord_Erik

Dark_Lord_Erik Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 19, 2001
    Why do you want to get rid of the lady?

6. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    No Padme. :(

The banner could be considered sexist, too.

7. xie

xie Jedi Knight star 5

May 25, 2002
    Forget sexist, it just stinks!

8. LadyNaberrie

LadyNaberrie Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 7, 2002
    it is also so bright......bleh, hurts my eyes..........very much

9. Admiral_Thrawn60

Admiral_Thrawn60 Jedi Youngling star 6

Jul 8, 2000
    I'm a hormone-filled straight teenage male, and I say the chick has to go. That tells you something. It is indeed inappropriate. Also, it is indeed blurry. Finally, the colour scheme is an improvement.

So, in summary, bump up the resolution and get rid of the chick. [IMO]

10. Grilled-Sarlacc

Grilled-Sarlacc Former Head Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 19, 2001
    Sexist?? She's in the movie!

11. Darth_OlsenTwins

Darth_OlsenTwins Jedi Master star 5

May 18, 2002
    Somebody please rationally explain to me how that hot lady is "offensive" or "inappropriate". I thought SW characters were fair game around here. Slave Leia is WAY more provacative if that is what the issue is.

12. RidingMyCarousel

RidingMyCarousel Jedi Master star 6

Feb 20, 2002
    Okay. Let's have a reasonable discussion here about the banner.

First off, what are your complaints? And how do you feel we can fix the problem?

13. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    [face_laugh]

So, now we're complaining that the banner on a SW message board has a SW character in it.

Yes, I can see how some female members might not like the banner. However, if a banner had a shirtless Anakin in it, I doubt too many people would complain. Hermoine is nothing compared to Slave Leia either.

Also, let me tell everyone that an argument other than, "it stinks", or "it looks like crap" will help your cause. Simply saying "I don't like it" isn't going to help anything.

14. Admiral_Thrawn60

Jul 8, 2000
    Sexist?? She's in the movie!

She's very prominently displayed in the banner, and many of our female members, and some male members, are expressing their opinion that it is sexist. I think she's doing more harm than good.

15. xie

xie Jedi Knight star 5

May 25, 2002
    She is in the movie, but still, she doesn't fit in with YJCC at all.

Have a damn contest or something, don't just ask someone to make something, which VERY few people are satisfied with.

16. Ariana Lang

Ariana Lang Jedi Youngling star 5

Oct 10, 1999
    I want the regular one back. That one looks like a work out video. And the colors are funky.

EDIT: And she needs to tuck her breasts back in.

17. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Blurry, blurry, and blurry.

I don't really think it's sexist, but I know some people on this board do.

18. Gay-LenKenobi

Gay-LenKenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 20, 2000
    xie has a good point. It looks like the background was over stretched or over sharpened, but still ended up fuzzy.

The difference between her cleavage (or the thong shot) appearing in the movie is that it was only there for a few seconds. Now her breasts are going to be permanently perched ontop of a highly trafficked forum.

It's got to go.

19. Herman Snerd

Herman Snerd Jedi Master star 6

Oct 31, 1999
    I'll let others complain about the banner.

I'd like to address the forum colors, which just don't work at all. With the blue usernames mixed in with the light blue color the page is hard to look at.

Please change it back to the blue/gray combination that the fanfic forum is.

20. Admiral_Thrawn60

Jul 8, 2000
    Have a damn contest or something, don't just ask someone to make something, which VERY few people are satisfied with.

Good idea. Shouldn't the members be consulted before making changes like this?

Also, I don't like the fact that the most prominant position in the banner is filled with a character that you hardly notice. Sure, she's SW, but she's practically an extra.

21. RangerPrincess

RangerPrincess Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002

Nothing against the character Hermione or the robots, or Dex himself. I just figured a banner should contain some of the 'main' characters, and those characters really didn't play a big part. And yes, Hermions is a little 'revealing'.

That's the only problems I have with it. Just please get rid of it, I realize whoever made it must have worked on it. *sigh*

22. xie

xie Jedi Knight star 5

May 25, 2002
    xie has a good point. It looks like the background was over stretched or over sharpened, but still ended up fuzzy.

That's it! I couldn't quite put my finger on it, but it does look overstretched.

And that black male looks poorly cut out, oversharpened, and out of place.

23. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    My only complaint is that when you hover over a link, it turns white, which is difficult to read on the light gray background.

24. HawkNC

HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    We have a vast array of more-than-competent banner makers here. Why didn't we do what we do for all the other forums and vote on a number of different schemes?

25. Dan

Dan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 15, 1999
    Wasn't she in the movie? In the Dex's Diner Scene? Which is apparently the theme of the banner? She was in a freaking Star Wars movie!

BAN TEH MOVIE!1! BAN ATAK OF TEH CLOENS NOW!11!1 BAN SLAEV LEIA TOO! LOL!

Would you like to get rid of other "scantily clad" women, including pictures of Padme? Just because a woman has some boobage showing doen't make it 'sexist,' 'inappropriate,' or whatever else you want to come up with. This place is so PC it's sickening.

That being said, I think the banner is pretty poor overall.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.