main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So which Jedi Survived order66?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by DARTHKANISS, Jun 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nihilist

Nihilist Jedi Youngling star 2

May 8, 2005
    Nobody contacts obi or yoda in the film, they go into hiding to learn from qui gon and survive for the children, there really is no reason to believe anyone survived, they don't seem to have re-grouped and made any attempts to go after the sith with any survivors at all in the time between ROTS and ANH. They knew they had to destroy the sith but no one is left, so they have to survive. Vader is part of an ancient religion whose fire went out of the galaxy a long time ago so I'm of the opinion they're all (but obi and yoda) gone. You can believe there are stragglers, I would think they'd have been looking to get in touch quickly, to see what was going on. I think the emperor attempted to assasinate all of them and yoda and obi survived, sid's is surprised to see yoda because he accounted for all of them but yoda escaped. IMO.

2. DarthVicc

DarthVicc Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2005
    PEOPLE! We ALL know the ONLY Jedi left by ANH are Yoda and Obi-Wan for Christ's sake!!! The question in this thread is, Which ones survived Order 66???
    That is, between ROTS and ANH... That's 20 years of hunting down Jedis and it's more than obvious that some will appear in the upcoming TV series...

All Jedi were named Generals after the Battle of Geonosis... so the Star Wars Encyclopedia at TheForce.net says, so yeah, the majority were killed by their own troopers too; But, it's safe to assume that some got "lucky" (as Obi-wan did) and some fought like the Jedi they were (the same as Yoda did).

There were hundreds and hundreds of Jedi scattered throught the galaxy fighting the Clone Wars, so I believe this question may be answered by listing the names of those that we know OFFICIALLY died, and that includes the movies AND the books, comics, etc...

My two cents... and I quote:

Quinlan Vos

After having turned Quin to the Dark Side, Dooku planned to have Quin return to the Jedi Order, as a traitorous double agent. Quin, however, finally realized that the Jedi Order was his true home, and he eventually abandoned the plans of Count Dooku. He kept this change of heart to himself, however, hoping to use his position within the Separatists to locate the second Sith Lord who was working with Dooku. Information gathered from Salje' Tasha led Quinlan to believed that the second Sith was Sora Bulq, and Quinlan agreed to serve as Oppo Rancisis' second-in-command at the Siege of Saleucami in order to get close to Bulq. Vos later led the forces of the Grand Army of the Republic into battle on Boz Pity, during the Outer Rim Sieges. In the wake of the First Battle of Coruscant, Vos was dispatched to Kashyyyk as part of the task force led by Jedi Master Yoda. However, when Darth Sidious revealed his true nature and killed Mace Windu, he sent out communications to the various clone commanders to execute Order 66. Upon hearing the order, clone troopers opened fire on Vos, utterly destroying the defenseless Jedi Master.

3. isanpa

isanpa Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 21, 2005
    I think that Aayla didn't die. Why? Here is the answer:

It is worth noting that the blaster fire used to disable Secura is colored blue and left no visible wounds - features only seen one other time in the film series. In the opening scene of Episode IV, a stormtrooper uses a blaster's "stun setting", producing a blue bolt to capture Princess Leia. As such, it is possible that this may also have been Secura's fate.

But then is this: You dont think bly could disobey?, Didn't he was programed to obey the order of the Cancellor?

Well...
    From the Star Wars RPG (ARC-Trooper):
    Not every copy of Jango Fett became an unquestioningly loyal clone trooper in the Republic Army. Some specimens were bred to retain Jango's independent streak and display even more combat ferocity and skill, so the cloners of Kamino put them through special commando training.

From the net:
    Commander Bly is one of the first-generation clone commanders grown by the Kaminoans. Bly was trained by ARC trooper Alpha-17, and shares many attributes with the Advanced Recon Commandos.

So maybe Bly had independend thought's, strengthend through his expiriences and connection to Aayla. Maybe he couldn't bring himself prevent Order 66, but at least ensured Aayla's survival.

What do you think?

4. Darth-Trepidor

Darth-Trepidor Jedi Youngling star 3

May 10, 2005
    I think you're reaching...

5. Adm_Thrawn

Adm_Thrawn Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 19, 2004
    I think I watched Aayla get shot in the back half a dozen times.

6. POTAStar

POTAStar Jedi Master star 2

May 26, 2001
    If they did stun Aayla, it was just to rape her then kill her shortly after. :/

7. QCPsychoJedi

QCPsychoJedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 10, 2002
    Ouch that seems pretty dark for witless clones.

The last Jedi to be killed off leaving only Ben and Yoda was the Jedi Master Aliska Malisin. SHe made it all the way to about a few months before ANH and was actually instrumental in stealing the death star plans for the rebellion. SHe was the last Jedi Vader killed before Ben.

8. TheShirtPocket

TheShirtPocket Jedi Youngling star 1

May 25, 2005
    Was that the Dark Woman or whoever? Because she was knocked off just before ANH. But there are still Jedi floating around though, I'm sure.

9. AHAMODE

AHAMODE Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 2003
    Luke. ;)

10. I-think-I-wanna-Leia

I-think-I-wanna-Leia Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 21, 2004
    she should have been a slave anyways. now she is dead. good.

I believe that all members of the jedi council in ROTS die (other than OB1 and Yoda). This would lead me to believe that the TV characters will be completely new. Also it makes good from a production sense. The main star will probably be human with maybe some distinguishing feature. He will hang out with an alien and maybe a padawan. They will have been on an unimportant mission. The padawan will have potential, but the main knight will not be very powerful. They all die at the end of the series (bet it will last 5 seasons).

Most other recurring EU characters are died. Can't remember what happened to that kid that use to be a Tuskan raider.

From EU, we know that Vegerie is alive (just in another galaxy). There were a few other jedi that popped up in Post EU trilogy books (one was in suspended animation, etc.) Anyone have a list of them.

11. QCPsychoJedi

Aug 10, 2002
    eu doesn't count anyway

12. jollydwarf

jollydwarf Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2003
    So which Jedi Survived order66?

How about...lots of ones you haven't heard of yet?

Like the people with common sense here have said, there's TWO DECADES for Vader and the Empire to continue to hunt down Jedi. Hell, they're probably putting together their deck of 52 right now! And besides, who wants to see twenty years of "pointless" bickering in conference rooms? Let's see some oppression and use of that red lightsaber, damnit!

P.S. Don't be surprised if there's at least one next-gen videogame dealing with the plight of these surviving Jedi and Vader. In that galaxy, the Force is the most powerful, well, 'force'. In this one, it's "cash money".

13. Malikail

Malikail Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2004
    And besides, who wants to see twenty years of "pointless" bickering in conference rooms? Let's see some oppression and use of that red lightsaber, damnit!

not me, and that's in part why i wish they didn't leave the door open for surviving jedi from the purge.

If they do a star wars tv series, it's still a rumor as far as i know, it should be either before or after all the movies, not between ep3 and 4.

it's a bad idea, and won't get very good ratings.

why watch a story about a character you know will die, other than south park i can't think of any show that has appeal in that way.

14. PrinceEspaaValorum

PrinceEspaaValorum Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 30, 2005
    That Dark Horse comic sounds interesting. I guess we'll get to see Vader hunt down the Jedi. But as Boba Fett is only 13, I wonder if there will be any Jedi left for him to kill.

15. QCPsychoJedi

Aug 10, 2002
    Hey they just killed Kenny Jedi,

those bastards

eh he'll be back next time, don't worry about it.

16. cmercado_miranda

cmercado_miranda Jedi Youngling

Jan 25, 2004
    What will be really great is to see the TV-series based on Darth Vader using a bunch of Head-hunters to wipe out the remaining Jedi. It will be cool to see the young Boba Fett in this team.

17. jollydwarf

jollydwarf Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2003
    why watch a story about a character you know will die,

Why watch a movie about a character you know will throw it all away and almost die?

18. DarthVicc

DarthVicc Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2005
    I know LOTS of people will jump at my neck after reading this but, let me tell you this guys... and I'll just toss a whole Quarter here for ya' this time...

MACE WINDU SURVIVED BOTH THE FALL AND ORDER 66.

Why? Because Boba Fett's the one who gets to kill him FOR GOOD. It's Boba's destiny... and you'll see that in the upcoming TV show and when THAT happens you will remember this very thing I wrote here and you'll say :

"You're THE man Darth Vicc..."

Don't believe me? Just read my SIGNATURE, then see THE SCENE again and you do the math...

19. REVANLORD

REVANLORD Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2005
    Okay, first of all, in ROTJ, it says and I quote:

"When gone am I, the last of the Jedi will you be."

However, it says in the novel Jedi Search:

"They did not kill every Jedi, every bloodline."

I tend to believe a few Jedi survived Order 66. But they all probably pulled Ben Kenobis and became hermits...

20. CBright7831

CBright7831 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2004
    I really wish Lucas would just continue working on the Clone Wars cartoon, and move on. A live action tv show sounds horrible. I mean, who are you going to get? There's no way in hell you'll get Ewan, Frank, Ian, or JEJ to return for the show. I learned all about Shaak Ti in the Clone Wars cartoon so there's no need to put her in. I want Jedi I've actually seen, and not some Jedi that came out of nowhere.

This sounds horrible, and I will probably not support this.

Anyway, now that I have got that off my shoulders, the Jedi that survived Order 66 are:

+ Obi Wan Kenobi
    + Yoda
    + ....
    + ....
    + ....
    + ....

21. Jedi-Chucky

Jedi-Chucky Jedi Youngling

May 2, 2005
    Does anyone else remember what Obi-wan said to Luke. That Vader hunted down the Jedi. That doesn't imply just the temple slaughter. Beyond that, why else would Palpatine keep Vader around. Because he's desposable and he could kill any jedi challengers who survived. Sure by the time ANH happens Vader has found any left over Jedi and killed them. Leaving only Yoda and Ben. But it may have taken him a few years to track them all down.

22. Vaderdj420

Vaderdj420 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 4, 2005
    I really believe GL left it open to speculation... There were alot of jedi in AOTC and we only got see only a few death scenes, even in the book there were only two or three other deaths described. I think we'll see the return of a few known characters, maybe even Mace Windu? From the post I just read it sounds like we may...

23. CBright7831

CBright7831 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2004
    think we'll see the return of a few known characters, maybe even Mace Windu?

- hand cut off
    - electrocuted to hell
    - turned into a comit
    - fell from a high building

I think he's dead.

No, wait, I don't think he's dead, I KNOW he's dead.

24. Darth_Parrott

Darth_Parrott Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 24, 2002
    Whether you like EU or not, in Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds, Echu Shen Jon helps Leia before Vader kills him. He has been in hiding.

Why is it so unrealistic to believe Jedi survived order 66. What, every Jedi was fighting alongside clone troopers at the very instant that the order came through. Could Jedi not have been working alone?

Very narrow minded way of looking at things if you ask me.

Vade hunts down the remaining stragglers. Of course they go into hiding, and if they banded together, they would be more easily found out.

Remember that the republic is welcomed with open arms and so people would be less likely to help the Jedi initally while the Empire is still in its infancy.

25. TheShirtPocket

TheShirtPocket Jedi Youngling star 1

May 25, 2005
    Why? Because Boba Fett's the one who gets to kill him FOR GOOD. It's Boba's destiny... and you'll see that in the upcoming TV show and when THAT happens you will remember this very thing I wrote here and you'll say :

"You're THE man Darth Vicc..."

I'll be sure to do that....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.