main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So, you've got a problem with the administration...

Discussion in 'Communications' started by RidingMyCarousel, Oct 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mal

Mal Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 4, 2000
    I suspect that its someone from the SC since I had the same username and password over there and whomever it was made an unban request for a couple of "SCers". Either way, I changed my password.

2. yodaboy

yodaboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 5, 2001
    yeah! i've got a problem with teh administration! they all pick their noeses! tell them to cut it out! they're getting boogers in my threads!

3. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    kephy...
    "How do I know that the person I choose to go to will respond fairly and won't see me as "just a slacker stirring up trouble" as is done so often these days?"

Kephy, could you please clarify for me what you are trying to suggest is "done so often these days..."
      1. The person you choose to go to may not respond fairly as is done so often these days?
    Or...
      2. Slackers are "stirring up trouble" as is done so often these days?
    Thanks.

4. Lord Bane

Lord Bane Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 26, 1999
    Still valuable to know.

5. GreedoCMZ

GreedoCMZ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 13, 1999
    I've seen many instances where mods lock threads because they think they have to to be doing their jobs. I did get one to re-open one time and we had a good PM conversation but sometimes I think it's just ego making the decisions.

Also, sometimes they will lock threads for redundancy and then say "Look, here's ten other threads that talk about the same thing." Shouldn't nine out of those ten have been closed for redundancy?

6. RidingMyCarousel

RidingMyCarousel Jedi Master star 6

Feb 20, 2002
    It depends on the board, the threads and the moderators when it comes to redundancy. Some boards could have threads that cover certain aspects of a topic, each one with a different aspect of it.. so they're not redundant.

As for having a problem with a moderator, again, contact an administrator about a problem with one if you and the moderator can't sort things out.

7. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa

Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 23, 2002
    Fuggettabouttit, baby!

[image=http://images.allposters.com/images/132/074_GOLDMEMBER_DOUBLESIDED_a.jpg]

8. TripleB

TripleB Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2000
    I remember when I first found this website, that it was like non-stop flame war's on almost every board, enough that I pretty much stopped coming for a few month's. I noticed since Chyren left, things seem to have toned down A LOT. Maybe he was the reason for a lot of the problems you all had here during his tenure......

Just my two cent's....

9. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    No offense, TripleB, but we already know it is all Chyren's fault.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.