main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[Soc] A ridiculously sappy thread

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by FenigDurak, Oct 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FenigDurak

FenigDurak Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 6, 2002
    A fair warning to all before they proceed. We all go through times in our lives of introspection, retrospection, and general sappiness. This is one of those times for me.

Now that I have that out of the way, I may confidently continue on to the little rant that is meant for all of you. Bear in mind that I haven't the courage to take everyone aside one by one and say this in person. I'm
    yellow. What can I say?

I've been a member in various forms of the RMFF since December of 2002 when I moved back from Seattle. Before I had even laid eyes on a single one of you, I was accepted. My methods may not have been the most wise (reference: standing in Zoo's foyer chit chatting for a few hours before sitting in a dark theater with everyone for the Two Towers midnight preview), and I know I've had my moments of sheer stupidity (reference: You all have one that you look on with a smile. Take your pick) that should have cast my worthiness of friendship into shadow.

But because it wasn't, I'd like to take this chance to thank you all for nothing short of miraculous saint-like love and friendship for this young one. It's occurred to me in my recent conversational tidbits with Zoo that I am truly blessed to have each and every one of you in my life. At 22 years of age, I can proudly say I have real friends. Not the kind that forgets me completely if I'm absent for a little while. Or the kind that keeps me around solely for what I can give to them. No, the kind of friends that stay with you forever and warrant this kind of disgustingly sugar soaked display.

Somewhere in the middle of all of this, I have to wonder if I'm ahead of my years in this thinking. Shouldn't this level of appreciation only come after having a larger number of years and trials beneath my belt? (No comments please. ;) )

To wrap it up before my tangents stray further and further from topic, thank you all. You're an invaluable asset in my life, and I'm sure I'd be less of a person if it weren't for you all.

2. Obi_Wannabe

Obi_Wannabe Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 17, 2002
    Reading that was was a real nice way to start the day. And the sentiments are not that sappy, and are shared by many of us.

Thanks girl [:D]

3. Sarnia

Sarnia WOTR Liaison star 5

Jun 1, 2004
    awe!

<super hugs>

4. COS_Vader

COS_Vader Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2004
    Fenig,

As I told you at WOTR, your skill and dedication to costuming were part of my reasons to get started costuming.

I never knew you personally, but your work struck a chord and made me want to do a better job on my costumes.

Then I got the chance to work with the RMFF on the X-Wing and discovered what a truely fun (yet dedicated) group you all were. I came in at a time when the RMFF and 501st weren't getting along so well (and I may not have helped it by arguing with PJosh, whom it turns out is a true gentleman and very, very hard worker).

If it wasn't for that event, I would have never gotten to know any of the great friends I have here. You guys accepted me, even though I was a 501st, and now I'm involved with the SCFF, SG-14, and lately the Rebel Legion.

Like a few of you, I have some hard times (Becca really knows) when I just want to stay out of things and avoid life for a while, but I feel I can always come home to you.

Without being sappy, thanks to each and all of you for making this relative newbie feel at home & know I'd always be there for any of you when you need some help.

And Fenig... Your hard work spoke for you before, but then I met you in person at WOTR unloading the X-Wing, and after hearing about how persistant you were to get your costumes just right, I am truely in awe. You are indeed wise beyond your years and a fun person to be around. :)

Thanks for writing something from the heart and know we all appreciate you.

Kev

5. ZOOfo-Dyas

ZOOfo-Dyas Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 3, 2004
  6. Zoom_Cthooga

Zoom_Cthooga Jedi Master star 6

Jun 30, 2004
    Hehe. Everybody argues...and when I argue it's usually over something dumb, and I'm just being a pest because I want something over-justified. [face_devil] :eek: [face_plain] [face_blush] :D It's nice to know we can all still be friends afterwards.

7. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    I think you made my night. I don't currently have the time nor the mental facilities to correctly respond to this at this time, but I can safely say that I'm glad you have become part of the group.

//hugs//

:D

And I'm looking forward to meeting you in person, COS_Vader. :) Welcome. You are now part of the tribe. :D

8. PROP_TART

PROP_TART Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 3, 2004
    maybe i'll feel that way more once i get more involved with the group...

i just need to participate more.

9. Sith_Slayer

Sith_Slayer Jedi Master star 6

Apr 9, 2002
    FD, not sure how/if I fit into the aforementioned discourse personally, but regardless, you are most definitely among friends here in the RMFF. You have absolutely contributed FAR more than you have ever received, and I do not even have to think twice about readily acknowledging both your participation and your contributions. You are as much a part of this dysfunctional family as any of us, and rightfully so.

So, you're welcome...and thank you...

Oh, and I wouldn't be me if I didn't comment on what is below...I mean...beneath your belt.

10. FenigDurak

FenigDurak Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 6, 2002
    -=hug=- You are included in that, SS. I can't think of anyone who isn't.

11. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    :_|

We love you Leah!

And I want to let you know that you are just as good a friend as you are making us all out to be. In particular, a 'Trailer Trash' comment that you made, will live in infamy. :D
    [:D]

12. Sith_Slayer

Sith_Slayer Jedi Master star 6

Apr 9, 2002
    Zucchini will always remain a personal favorite of mine...

13. melodyann

melodyann Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 18, 2004
    Hey Leah,
    though i have only been in the group for a little over 6 monthes myself. You have been invaluable with your help on the little costuming i have done.

I think that this group has been awesome. I totally feel as if i have found a place to call home. :)

ok that is my input to the sappy thread. ;)

14. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    Can I cry now?

Love ya too, man(s) :D

15. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001
    this is a good thread .

kind of a funny thing that i have been friends with this group of people so long that i dont say "my star wars friends" your just my friends .

16. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    Dude, you aren't just my friends, you're all family!

I've always been the oldest, but now I've got a bunch of big sisters and brothers. :) It's nice to know someone is looking out for you, or at least laughing at you when you do something stupid ;)

17. ZOOfo-Dyas

ZOOfo-Dyas Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    I guess that means we laugh a lot, huh? ;) [face_devil]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.