main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SPY REPORT: There is Another

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by chitwood, Oct 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BearaceDougie

BearaceDougie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2004
    Superlaser that is MUCH better then padme and yoda as sith

i still fall on floor laughing when people state there arguements on that matter, HAHA

2. The_Mole

The_Mole Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 23, 2004
    This movie is entitled Revenge Of The Sith, so I expected to learn a bit more about the Sith than just the mystery surrounding it in the first two prequels. It's only obvious we would learn a bit more about Palpatine and his dark religion.

DARTH PLAGUEIS - as Josh put it will not be in this movie, only mentioned.

Anakin will be lured to the Dark Side by the things that he wants. Power and longevity are key.

Palpatine will probably mentioned that this Sith Lord learned to prolong life, and that he was perhaps Palpatine's master, and Anakin can have this same immortality in some way.

I think it is as simple as that, and that Plaugueis will likely only be mentioned in perhaps one or two lines in the film...which is still very neat. The more "Sithiness" the better.

Yoda being a Sith is adsurd. Yoda, Ben, Luke are and have always been the good guys.

3. MatthewZ

MatthewZ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 21, 2003
    ^^

Mole,

I agree with you 95%. However, I don't think Anakin wants the longevity for himself.....but for someone else.

4. DARTH_GOLLUMSMEAGOL

DARTH_GOLLUMSMEAGOL Jedi Master star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    hmmmm its seems my theroy on darth palgius being sids master and that sids killed him (as all sith apprentaces do their masters) is being more wide spread accepted than yoda being a sith........when you can give me more proof than a couple of obscure lines that lucas said thenMAYBE i'll accept (although not likely) and you still havent answered about my comments on what about finding about about the secret through a olocron or something of that sort.............but it looks now like we moved on to PADME today huh??? oy when will you people learn??? BESIDES it was said by pablo hidalgo THERE WILL BE NO BIG SUPRISES IN ROTS..........and that would be one helluva suprise..........which is exactly why darth plagius is just going to be MENTIONED by sids while he is telling darth vader.........inciting him with his ability to cheat NATURAL death........just as sids is........I would be willing to bet that sids is a bit older than he appears and he learned that from plagius and then promises to teach it to anakin......but that is only to cheat NATURAL death not death by lightsaber or death by being hrown down a gigantic shaft......I mean look at highlander..........they are IMMORTAL but that doesnt make them INVICIBLE they just dont die naturals deaths.........just because plagius can cheat natural death.......as can palps.........doesn't mean that he cannot be killed.......I mean geez the freaking palps=clone theory holdds more weight than this (not to say that that is true either just a bit more believeable no offence emos edud)........oy vey I need some coffee

5. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    Yoda was and never will be a Sith. No way whatsoever. That would never happen. As mentioned above, the real twist is the way you'll look at the OT and that Palpatine is the Sith Master Darth Sidious.

6. Darth_Maul_Sith_Lord

Darth_Maul_Sith_Lord Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2004
    I love this place...

How did we go from?

"There is another Darth ... one we've never heard of before in the Star Wars to my knowledge." - JG

TO

Yoda and/or Padme are Sith Lords?

I thought it was made pretty clear in Josh's original post "ONE WE'VE NEVER HEARD OF BEFORE IN THE STAR WARS TO MY KNOWLEDGE".

So how do people come to the conclusion that the above statement means that Yoda was once a Sith Lord and padme is a Sith Lord???

t'is madness!

Have we been watching the same SW Saga?
    Obviously GL has a lot of stuff to take care of in the last Episode of the Saga. So WHY, WHY, why would he drop a bomb like Yoda being a Sith? It just doesn't make any sense, he's already introducing a new character and he's got a Trilogy to wrap up.. Telling us all that Yoda is a Sith this late in the game would be completely pointless. It doesn't move the story along; in fact it brings it to a complete stop. IMHO, the SW Saga has enough plot holes without the inclusion of Yoda is a Sith...

So can we now move on and get back to this new Darth? There are some people in here that have theories about this subject that actually hold water and are much more interesting. Not that it hasn't been fun reading some of these crazy ideas.

D_M_S_L

7. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    I can buy Plaugeis as Palpatine's Master.

8. Darth_Maul_Sith_Lord

Mar 11, 2004
    "I can buy Plaugeis as Palpatine's Master."

This does seem to be the most logical explanation.

Did we ever get the pronunciation of this new Darth's name?

D_M_S_L

9. Panakas_Dawg

Panakas_Dawg Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 29, 2004
  10. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    Or Plague-iss/Plae-ghiss

11. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    Play-Gus

12. Helmet

Helmet Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 1, 2001
    play-giss.

13. Darth_Maul_Sith_Lord

Mar 11, 2004
    That's what I thought...

Thanks everyone.

D_M_S_L

14. ledlevee1

ledlevee1 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 25, 2003
    Darth Plaugeis- Where did this name come from? Did you just pull it out of the sky? Can you read George Lucas' mind? or is this from a spoiler I havent heard yet? I though Josh said this darth would be one whose name we've never heard, so how can we possibly speculate on what his name could be? it could be Darth Booger or Darth Earwax for all we know. and if Plaugeis is from the EU, than not a chance. Lucas never uses EU material and never will. plus he doenst hesitate to completely contradict the EU on a whim. I'm not saying the EU is bad or anything like that, just that Lucas ignores it.

15. Panakas_Dawg

Jul 29, 2004
    Re-read the entire thread, Josh told us the name.

16. Sith_Triumverate

Sith_Triumverate Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 3, 2004
    The Rule of Two is 1,000 years old and is derived from Darth Bane, IF the Jedi discovered and obtained ANY Sith Holocron or artifact that reveals the Sith Order to operate as ONLY Two - then ALL the Jedi would know that the Sith have survived.
    That is NOT the case in TPM, what Yoda tells Mace does not square with the Council's consensus. While what Yoda says is true, Lucas has it presented in all official sources that there is a MISSING LINK, a piece of the puzzle we don't have.
    This Gollum, is why we have a gaping plothole and why if there is a Jedi who was ONCE a Sith - the only likley candidate IS Yoda.

If in ROTS it is NOT explained HOW Yoda came into possesion of the Rule of Two , then the specter of his former Sithness will shroud him forever.

What few realise is that Yoda ONCE being a Sith does not have to be revealed in dialogue, because we have Sith history and timeline from official sources that indirectly prove it IMPOSSIBLE for Yoda or any other Jedi to currently KNOW about the Rule of Two!

That is an undisputed fact and has creedance whether liked or not. Darth Sapient knows it, but is reluctant to acknowledge.

It has yet to be established, but come ROTS and it is NOT explained, then as I said - it will be implied even clearer that Yoda was ONCE a Sith.

"Always with you what can not be done" - Yoda

17. Whitefire

Whitefire Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 25, 2004
    Jedi coming across sith teachings after the sith are destroyed is not that impossible to imagine.

18. Superlaser

Superlaser Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 21, 2004
    Yoda is not a Sith.

Yoda's line in TPM that there are always an apprentice and a master Sith IS NOT conclusive proof that Yoda knew of the Rule of 2. Why? They discovered that Darth Maul was a Sith. However, Yoda also knew that someone would have had to teach Maul the ways of the Sith. Thus, an apprentice and a master. Considering the fact that someone as inexperienced as Obi-Wan was at that time was able to kill Maul, it is quite reasonable that Yoda would come to the conclusion that Maul was the apprentice rather than the master. The point of the statement was that there must have been at least one more Sith and that that Sith was likely stronger.

EDITED to preempt one of Sith_Tri's likely criticisms. Yes, I know you say that Yoda was once a Sith. Ain't gonna happen.

19. Darth_Maul_Sith_Lord

Mar 11, 2004
    Sith_Triumverate,

Are we back to this again?? I thought we settled this already.

YODA IS NOT (NOT NOT NOT NOT) A SITH.

He never was, isn't now, and never will be...

It makes no sense. You could explain it for pages upon pages and it still wouldn't make sense. I'm truely sorry for your loss, but it's time to move on.

D_M_S_L

EDIT: YODA"S NOT A SITH

;)

20. Newbie_Jedi79

Newbie_Jedi79 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 13, 2004
    how coudl anyone think Yoda is a sith? weird.

21. Panakas_Dawg

Jul 29, 2004
    [image=http://www.whatsnextblog.com/archives/images/hypnosis.jpg]
    "Yoda is not a Sith...Yoda never was a Sith...Yoda is not a Sith...Yoda never was a Sith..."

22. Bite_me_doughboy

Bite_me_doughboy Jedi Youngling

Oct 17, 2004
    Didnt lucas say that in each of the movies he wanted to have one really bad guy?
    his example is:
    1 maul
    2 tyrranus(spelling?)
    3 grevious(spelling?)
    4 Vader
    5 um...Vader agian?
    6 the emporer
    do we really need another darth for rots if this is true?

23. schmoogana

schmoogana Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 8, 2004
    Using familiar terminology, you don't have to be a terrorist to recognize the aftermath of a terror attack and to know how deviously they operate. The problem is, the terrorst strikes from within by stealth when and where least expected.

Yoda watched the Sith dismantle the Republic. He recognized what was happening, but only learned who was behind it after it was too late. But he found plenty of time on Dagohbah to put all the pieces together, and follow galactic events as he meditated through the force.

Once Luke enters the picture, Yoda knows he must educate him on matters pertaining to the dark side. This 'darkside 101' training by Yoda is what allows Luke to prevail where his father had failed before him.

Yoda is not Sith, just as those who conduct anti-terror training are not terrorists. Each learned their lessons from their adversary's tactics and then turned that information against their foes.

24. smackfu

smackfu Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 26, 2001
    Sith_Triumverate, I'm starting to understand why your previous topic on this subject was deleted entirely from the site...

25. renegadeJedi

renegadeJedi Jedi Youngling

Oct 21, 2004
    The age of yoda can be explained by him having been a sith in the past.. giving him the ability to cheat natural death for such a long time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.