main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Syra, NY St Patricks Day Parade Saturday March 18th - looks like its members only

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by strawbary, Feb 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    well Kiddies its that time of year again!

I receieved the info in the mail..... of course Im posting this from work and I havent the details in front of me.
    (what a suprise)

However I wanted to get this posted and let everyone know if they want to participate in this the entry deadline is Feb 17th. I would imagine the parade will be on the usual saturday most likely the 18th... dont mark that date yet.....I will update this post when I get home.

I would like to get this in early so we can try to have a decent spot this year. Not to mention I have to reserve the firehouse again.

Is this somehting we are interested in doing as a group this year? We have done one every year as tradition I would hate to see us not, however I can understand the increasing demands on everyones schedules as of late.

Please post if you would like to do this or not. I would actually like to have a banner made this year so we look ok too. :)

Please post your thoughts ......

Thanks!

2. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    ok here is the update:

St Pattys Parade
    March 18th Saturday
    12 -3 pm

Parade theme: "A Little Bit of Heaven"

If we do this we will be having dinner afterwards at the firehouse. 4 pm to 8 pm

Let me know ... thanks!!!

3. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    Hey guys, Im hoping to get a response in here soon for two reasons:

The deadline to submit the app is fast approaching
    and I noticed Nicky already posted the event in Rochester. Im not sure we even have an event for anyone to come to ;) LOL
    So before we get the word out to other chapters to attend we may want to see if we even have the numbers to host it. Its tough this year since everyone has pretty much moved out of the area. I know my time is restricted and with the FF awards coming up my plate is full.

I will not have time to plan anything elaborate without help. So even if you are not planning on attending please just post a no can do por favor ;)

I think we may have to bow out of this one if u ask me... :(

4. T_StarFlyer

T_StarFlyer Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2004
    I hope not, I've enjoyed this quite a bit & would love to march again. come on, doews anyon e really have anything better to do?????????????

5. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    I really hate to back out of it, however I cannot plan the parade and party myself nor fund it alone. I understand when everyone is too busy. Depending on how many people actually want to come from other areas we may just carry the FF banner and have an informal dinner at my place LOL

we will just have to wait and see.

6. T_StarFlyer

Nov 2, 2004
  7. -KnightShade-

-KnightShade- Jedi Youngling star 2

May 18, 2004
    Let us know. I was actually hoping that this event might get a good turnout from the surrounding area :)

8. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    I just emailed a few embers who dont check the boards anymore *I know I know can u believe not checking the boards? * LOL

At any rate I am hoping to see a few responses in here soon :)

9. DarthArjuna

DarthArjuna Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 14, 2002
    I'm really sorry about that! I've completely forgotten about this... I feel horrible!

And I won't be able to make it, either... date for pickup shots for the film I'm working on. Shame, it's been real fun in the past years!

10. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    thats it! you are soooo banned! :mad:

11. Raef_Wolfe

Raef_Wolfe Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2003
    I'll check and let you know. If Dad isn't included in arjuna's film thing we might be attending. But if dad's filming with arjuna that means I'm not attending.

12. T_StarFlyer

Nov 2, 2004
    hey you think you can get the boys from Bingo to come up again?

13. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    Charles moved to west virginia I think???? But we may be able to bribe Ian somehow with a pub crawl ;)

14. T_StarFlyer

Nov 2, 2004
    Was there a Carl too? the teacher? from poughkeepsie?

15. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    I spoke with Karl online briefly the other day he cannot commit just yet, its too far ahead for him ATM ;)

16. DarthArjuna

Aug 14, 2002
    I think that at this point, filming is becoming a really constant thing, while the parades aren't, so I'm sure that Dad will want to do the parade. I'll try to convince him to go to the parade; membership seems to be slacking off recently *whistles innocently and grinds toe into ground*, so every little bit helps.

17. T_StarFlyer

Nov 2, 2004
  18. DarthArjuna

Aug 14, 2002
    Update: Dad's definitly wanting to go to the parade, so you'll have him and Raef in your ranks.

19. T_StarFlyer

Nov 2, 2004
    Unfortunatly since we figured that this wasn't happening, we went ahead & made other plans for that day, We'll be attending a SCA event in Buffalo called The Ice Dragon.

But I hope you all will consider coming to participate in our Lilac Festival Parade, It looks like we are going to have a great turn out from Buffalo & maybe Canada.

20. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    We (along with quite a few other 501st members in the area) also have other plans for that day because we assumed this was cancelled. I echo the invite to the Lilac Festival Parade and picnic that'll be in Rochester May 13th.

~Doc_Bev

21. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    This event is cancelled. I cancelled it due to the lack of interest and no one posting before the entry deadline ;) and the fact that 75% of anyone would were thinking of coming are attending the 501st meeting that day ;)

LOL

If any of the SCJ members still want to march since we wont really be having any outside help that day... please let me know we may be allowed to walk informally in the parade and harrass people ;) I mean er uh.....pass out candy ... um, yeh thats it... [face_whistling]

Since it would be a small handful of us we wont book the firestation this year we can all come to my house afterwards ;) (if there is still a SCJ interest) I see only 5 of us that would march ......

22. beezel26

beezel26 Jedi Master star 7

May 11, 2003
    I was looking forward to saving Yoda and Vader from the drunks this year.

23. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    Beezel, you are always most welcome to come hang out with us this year however, it looks like we wont have but 4 or 5 marching? If anyone even wants to brave it with that little amount.

At this point my honest recommendation would be to not march. As much as it breaks my heart to cancel this year, we did miss the registration deadline and we would only be added at this point to the very end of the parade.

I say if anyone wantst o get together that day and wreack some havoc in the local pubs that day, well, Im all for it ;)

24. T_StarFlyer

Nov 2, 2004
    OR any upstate 501st memebers or prospective upstate 501st members are welcome to join in on the summit meeting for the forming of a 501st upstate garrison are to be found at the NER 501st Upstate thread on thier boards. it's on that day the 18th. Or the Rochester Chapters of the 501st, Rebel Legion & Fan Force will be trooping at the Village Gate Toyshow on the 19th . You can check the Rochester Fanforce threads for infor on that .

25. DarthArjuna

Aug 14, 2002
    I'll try to push Dad and Raef into hanging out with you guys afterwards, anyways. When was the last time they saw you? :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.