main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Trek: The Thread

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by Zoom_Cthooga, Mar 3, 2008.

1. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    Article at EW about the new movie...contains MINOR spoilers. BUT page two as that picture blown up!

2. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    THANKS ZOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am sooo excited about this movie!!!!!!! JP...i am curious what you think. :)

3. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    Yeah, thanks Zoom!

[face_mischief]

4. Mistress

Mistress Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 28, 2002

[face_thinking] something tells me we have Ben to thank.

I havent decided whether or not i am excited yet...but I will be. Especially if they have some ST guests at Starfest. I'd love to see Patrick Stewart again. [face_praying]

5. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    I didnt know!! THANKS BEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [:D]

6. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002

I would just die to see Patrick Stewart. He is AMAZING...he is on my list for who i would LOVE to see at Starfest. *sigh* I would pay anything to get a picture and his autograph. :) Engage and Make it So!

7. Jedi_Pilot

Jedi_Pilot Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 7, 2002
    Yes, Patrick Stewart is very cool to see live. I think it's been about ten years since he's been here and I still think he was one of the better speakers they've had.

As to the movie I'm somewhat torn. The purist in me says that any significant deviation from the original visually is going to be difficult to swallow, but at the same time if someone handed me schematics for the original ship I certainly wouldn't build it the way it's seen in the series. So, having said that and read the EW article I have to say that what I've seen so far looks promising(except that maybe the bridge is a little too chrome and glass). The images of the Kelvin certainly make it look like they're going with the style of ST:The Motion Picture for the ship exteriors, while maintaining The TOS character style. I do hope the writing will be up to par because that I think is what has always separated Trek from everything else. It's going to have to have just the right mix action/drama/humor that has epitomized the best of the Trek episodes, otherwise we're just going to get another Nemesis.

Still I can't wait until this hits the theaters in hope of great new Trek movie. [face_praying]

8. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    YEAH!!!!!!!!!!! JP SPEAKS!!!

I agree...Nemesis had potential, but they messed that up bad. Besides...i remember in an episode Q sent Jean Luc back to his younger days and he had hair. [face_laugh] inconsistancies!!

I LOVED the pictures. the preview trailer i was totally excited about. I don't know i just miss good star trek. Ok i really like it ok...i am a MAJOR geek.

9. Jedi_Pilot

Feb 7, 2002
    Oh, it's a major part of the fun of being geek watching people try to justify the inconsistancies that envariably occur over a decades spanning series. For instance the least typical Starfleet uniform is also the one in use for the longest period in the ST universe while the one that has epitomized Star Trek was used the shortest.

10. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    what short dresses aren't practical?

11. Jedi_Pilot

Feb 7, 2002
    I don't know about practical, but I've never had reason to complain. :D

12. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002

[face_laugh] i have to wear mine on friday of milehigh...hey discounted ticket...i am not complaining. ;)

13. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    HURRAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hopefully i DIDN'T miss out!!!!!!!!

14. Obi_Wannabe

Obi_Wannabe Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 17, 2002
    I just sent that article to my bosses, with our history with Star Trek (We designed the font used in all the Star Trek movies and Next Generation) and all our work in Las Vegas, I suggested they see if we can get in on any redesign.

15. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    Nice i hope that works out...and i hope you can get me some comp tickets. ;) he he he

In all actually..i was so sad that i could not make it there. I would be so excited to have a chance to go!

16. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    looks like there is a comic that is coming out before the movie...be warn it has a bit of a spoiler.

thinking that will be something to read. :)

17. RubberDuckTape

RubberDuckTape Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 27, 2003
    These little guys are TOO CUTE!!

(and in the style of the latest craft I picked up, but I've only made a purple bunny so far :D )

[image=http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3251/2697868094_a5818076cf.jpg]

18. QueenHighMistress

QueenHighMistress Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    My Halloween gift to the Trekkie/Trekker community:

Banned on Vulcan

All four songs are downloadable for free!

Keep small ears away while listening (i.e., not suitable for children, and NSFW, but funny as all-get-out!).

19. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    More pictures and article! Empire!

20. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    I'm not sure what to expect of the movie. I'm looking forward to it, but am scared at the same time. I was terribly disappointed in the last one or two (lost track)... I remember I thought that last one in particular was terrible. Yet I am still a fan of good Star Trek, so given that this is being done by someone new, I am hopeful that it will be an improvement.

Sylar as Spock is just wrong. Not to say he doesn't look the part or isn't a good actor, but it's too, too creepy. [face_worried] I get freaked out and psychologically confused seeing the pictures. It's like, oooh, Spock, cool - gah! Sylar! Run away! :confused:

21. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
  22. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    OK kids...the new enterprise has been revealed.....

[image=http://www.inobambino.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10001/enterprise_orbit_1080.jpg]

[image=http://img.trekmovie.com/images/glamshot_0003.jpg]

[image=http://cueballcol.files.wordpress.com/2007/12/ent_010706_0003.jpg]

23. Obi_Wannabe

Obi_Wannabe Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 17, 2002
    A new trailer for this will be attached to Quantum of Solace tomorrow, it will also be online Monday.

24. Jedi_Pilot

Feb 7, 2002
    Yes it has, and unfortunately those aren't it.

Here is the official released image

[image=http://popwatch.ew.com/photos/uncategorized/2008/11/11/enterprise579_l.jpg]

And a comparison to the other Constitution class models.

[image=http://img.trekmovie.com/images/st09/st09ent2_compare.jpg]

Here is a link to the article in EW about it.

Star Trek First

25. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    well pooh