main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Indi, IN Star Wars and Apple Computer

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by SnappyGalbladder, May 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spencerian

Spencerian Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 23, 2002
    Never debate me on the benefits of a Macintosh. As R2-B9 can tell you, this is my job. I build and fix PCs running Windows, and install and repair Macintosh computers of all ages. I can make a Mac and PC talk and do things together that make many in my profession shake their heads in disbelief. Shows what their MSCE training was worth.

So, picking Mace Windu's image wasn't a real exaggeration for me. I loved wearing my Jedi outfit at work recently, and quipped to my clients regarding my skill at fixing their machines: "Now you know why I'm pretty good at this!" :) Computer-speaking, I be the Jedi Master.

'Tis true--use the computer you can afford and that does the job. Some of us just don't like to fight with our computer. It's like buying a hammer that sags after use or asks if you want to upgrade in the middle of a long job.

2. Shara

Shara Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    The Mac was the first computer I learned to use, well that Commodore 64 doesn't count. My mom, who has her own advertising agency, lives by them. We have one PC in the office and it's used for internet and book keeping. The poor thing is way out dated but it does its job. so I used Macs until I got to college and worked almost exclusively on PC's while I was there. For 4 years my campus job was to help the poor schmucks who thought you could press a button and everything would go beautifully.

I have a PC at home, a Mac at work, and really, other than the screen size of the iMac and the incompatibilities with Micro$oft endorsed software, I like my Mac better. I will never buy a PC unless it's a laptop. Why buy when I just get Zach's hand-me-downs. I think he has 3 running comps right now. My PC has pretty much been reduced down to a word processing machine. The only good thing about it is the hard drive.

They both have their problems, I honestly can't say I totally like either type better than the other. But I am more likely to stand up for Macs.

I'm waiting to install OSX on this comp until I can get 10.2, though.

3. daisyahchoo

daisyahchoo Jedi Youngling

May 7, 2002
    *Pets ibook* It's ok, it's ok. The dark side isn't all that bad...

4. obrian93

obrian93 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 24, 2001
    Silly rabbit! Platform cults are for kids!

Want to impress every on with your system? Do something good with it.

5. SnappyGalbladder

SnappyGalbladder Jedi Youngling

May 6, 2002
    <Switching to Paul Harvey Mode>
    ... the photo-shopping that started the thread was done on a Macintosh computer. And NOW you know the rest of the story. Good day!

6. thraken76

thraken76 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 19, 2001
  7. Hoot

Hoot Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 27, 2002
    I'm sorry, but every MAC that's been released is the fruitiest piece of crap I've ever seen. I try to never come close to them, but, if I have to, it's usually with a 10 foot pole.

*Goes out on a mission to eliminate anyone who uses an iBook, or those really %)(*@%'n gay G4 cubes..*

8. Jorg_Sacul_from_C2

Jorg_Sacul_from_C2 Jedi Master star 3

May 30, 2002
    "fruitiest"? "gay"? Hoot, you need a lesson in acceptable derisive commentary. Now go back to wishing you had the sense to appreciate a quality machine like Macintosh, before one of us smacks the red offa your armor.

9. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    Yeah, that's not acceptable. Consider this your first and only warning.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.