main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Armies! --- Game ON ... SIGN UP now

Discussion in 'Archive: Census and Games' started by 21st, Sep 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tulakhordpwns

tulakhordpwns Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 19, 2007
    I'll sign the Galactic Soverign Borders Protocol treaty.

2. 21st

21st Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 22, 2007
    Okay, I only have six orders so far, but since this is an important phase I'll extend the deadline another 24 hours. After that, if someone doesn't get thier orders in thier spot goes to SWBob

3. The_Chim

The_Chim Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 2001
    What if two people don't, can I have their 100 armies?

4. TheManinBlack

TheManinBlack Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 1, 2007
    I'll sign the treaty :cool:

5. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Tyi-Maet_Nefer Jedi Master star 6

Jun 17, 2005
    [image=http://www.theforce.net/virtualedition/episode-i/pics/negotiations/ve_sidious_hologram.jpg]

And Queen Amidala; has she signed the treaty?

6. 21st

21st Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 22, 2007
    NO. I'll find someone else. Perhaps Tyi would like to play? o_O

7. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Tyi-Maet_Nefer Jedi Master star 6

Jun 17, 2005
    I can be backup for this game, unless somebody else wants it badly.

8. 21st

21st Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 22, 2007
    SWBob is first. But I still need 2 more orders, so you could be in.

9. Kartanym

Kartanym Jedi Knight star 6

May 23, 2002
    My orders are placed. Lord Kartanym, however, will ... dundunduuuuuuun ... NOT be signing treaty. Foolish pride or sneaky smarts? Only time will decide. Mwaha ... mwahahaha ... mwahahahahahahahahahahahahaha... ha ... heh ... hmm ... uh ... continue.

10. Aragorn327

Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2001
    Lord Kartanym is in charge of a rogue state.

11. crash_slayer

crash_slayer Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 13, 2005
    sorry guys, i was the idiot that sent in an order to control uranus and mercury [face_talk_hand]

12. The_Chim

Jul 16, 2001
    Do we wanna give it another 72 hours, just to be safe?

13. 21st

21st Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 22, 2007
    Okay, all orders are in! :D

Bespin: 1(!) - controled by 327th Legion
    Courascant: 30 1
    Dagobah: 1 - controlled by 327th Legion
    Dantooine: 25 50 25 1
    Endor: 20 1
    Felucia: 25 1
    Geonosis: 40 5
    Hoth: 25 1
    Kamino: 80 25 1
    Kashyyyk: 30 25 25 1
    Mustafar: 27 - controlled by 327th Legion
    Mygeeto: 25 1
    Naboo: 25 50 25 1
    Tatooine: 60 20 1
    Utapau: 55 - controlled by 327th Legion
    Yavin 4: 20 50 1

Score:
    327th Legion: 4
    Everyone else: 0

Commentary: Note that many things in this post are based off of luck, not skill. But after phase one Luck has much less of a part to play.
    Internet Ninjas: Decent starting position. You managed to get your 20 an a place with hardly anyone, and your 80 on a place where you could easily win. Good job.
    Desert Brothers: Tatooine and Geonosis? Why would someone with your name put armies there? :rolleyes: You managed a decent starting position as well, with both planets being places you can win in one round.
    Hate Machine: not the best position here. You'll get Courascant but probably nowhere else. Maybe Kashyyyk if create an alliance with one of those there, or if they decide to kill each other.
    Meat Eating Orchids: Decent. Hoth and Mygeeto are yours, but tou lost at Dantooine and Naboo. Good job picking planets not many people would take.
    Where are we again: Your big number is safe but elsewhere you're screwed. However, you may get Kashyyyk, but with that you are in the same boat as ManinBlack and Chim.
    Armies of Doom: This is amazing. Both planets you have armies on, Dantooine and Naboo, are in exactly the same position. You could have both, unless Chim and Tulakhord decide to gang up and kill you.
    Light of Deliverence: I hope you like mushrooms because that's all you're getting right now. Kashyyyk, same story as the others. The problem is that you unlucked out (yes I just made that up) and have an inadequate defense on the only place you own.
    327th Legion: Very nice. You've managed to stir up action in the first round. You made it so no one else starts off with a planet while you start off with four, two of those having a very nice defense force. On top of that, you created a treaty that will get Diplomacy pumping as people try to stake thier claims. Good job!

phase 2: combat is now starting, you have 24 hours. I just want to mention that your kills are rounded up. Also, if you want all your armies to defend, PM me saying that. If you send no message then I will asume you sit there letting the enemy slaughter you. And I won't be saying the exact orders, just the outcome. That means you can backstab someone with nobody knowing. [face_devil]

And let me know if I did anything wrong. :D

14. The_Chim

Jul 16, 2001
    What...the...hell?

I think I understand what is going on, but my blue and Aragorn's are a bit too close to easily tell them apart. So I will volunteer to change my colors to something else to make it easier to tell the difference. Unless you want to just bold one of us, or underline or even italicize one of us. I don't care just make it easier some how. The choice is yours.

Also what does it mean to 'defend'? Do you take less losses or what? I think I missed that part of the tutorial.

15. KiwiRogue

KiwiRogue Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 4, 2005
    Chim, I offer you a temporary alliance. Help me by taking out the lone 327th Legion soldier on Naboo and Dantooine, and I will not attack you. I will also wipe out Meat Eating Orchids's presence from those worlds, which will benefit us both.

16. 21st

21st Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 22, 2007
    First, ya, I know, it is wierd. keep in mind that this is the first playing, things aren't sompletely shiny yet.

Second, I think it would be better if you just had a different color.

Third, I guess I didn't make that entirely clear in the first post (note the non-shinyness). I put it in the overkill section, which I guess now is a misnomer. Let me re-write it for you and get Tyi to change it.

Defense: You may use kills to prevent kills. Example: On Felucia the Republic has 30 units while the CIS has 10. The Republic kills all CIS units and has 5 kills left over which are then used to prevent kills. Since the CIS only makes 5 kills the Republic wins the battle unharmed.

Hoped that helped :D

17. The_Chim

Jul 16, 2001
    Oh, thats fine 21st. You just made it sound like something we had to active ourselves. As I understand it, the 'overkill' factor kicks the team into defense mode after they wipe the others out. Correct?

I will go ahead an change my team's colors to LoD. If you could edit my planet's with the new yellow I would appreciate it. I wanna see everything laid out before I make any moves.

18. KiwiRogue

Jun 4, 2005
    Here you go Chim:

Bespin: 1(!) - controled by 327th Legion
    Courascant: 30 1
    Dagobah: 1 - controlled by 327th Legion
    Dantooine: 25 50 25 1
    Endor: 20 1
    Felucia: 25 1
    Geonosis: 40 5
    Hoth: 25 1
    Kamino: 80 25 1
    Kashyyyk: 30 25 25 1
    Mustafar: 27 - controlled by 327th Legion
    Mygeeto: 25 1
    Naboo: 25 50 25 1
    Tatooine: 60 20 1
    Utapau: 55 - controlled by 327th Legion
    Yavin 4: 20 50 1

Score:
    327th Legion: 4
    Everyone else: 0

19. tulakhordpwns

Jun 19, 2007
    Why would Chim do that? Lets look at his options logically.
    He can:

a)attack 327th-this would result in him only eliminating 1 enemy, and leave him at your mercy next round, since he has 1/2 the number of troops as armies of doom on those planets.

b)attack Meat Eating Orchids-this would be even more pointless, since Armies of Doom has said he will attack Meat Eating Orchids, and Armies of Doom has twice as many armies as Meat Eating Orchids, meaning they will be destroyed anyways

c)defend-pointless since Armies of Doom says he won't attack you and I am not going to attack you

d)attack Armies of Doom-this would result in killing 13 armies, meaning that you would make a decent dent in their armies, and would keep you alive on that planet in the second round (since he wouldn't have twice as many armies as you)

The results:
    a) 1 kill
    b) 0 kills
    c) 0 kills
    d) 13 kills

I only ask that you do whatever you feel is the best descision.

20. 21st

21st Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 22, 2007
    thanks Kiwi. And btw, what ever kills you don't mention are automatically counted as defensive. Unless you send me nothing in which case your armies don't do anything.

Tulak, if kiwi attacked chim then he would be wiped out, even though a dent is left in kiwi. Kiwi just has to decide who he wants to kill, and choosing to give someone a chance to leave on the move phase without getting killed is a good deal to me.

21. KiwiRogue

Jun 4, 2005
    My alliance would allow that I wouldn't attack Chim. My proposal protects Chim from taking any damage in this fashion. Once your presence is gone, Chim could stay, which would complicate things, or he could leave to consolidate his power on another planet.

22. tulakhordpwns

Jun 19, 2007
    You have already said you will not attack Chim, before he ever agreed to any alliance.

So Chim doesn't have to announce that he is not going along with your alliance. You won't know if it was me or him or both of us who attacked you. And if he is planning on leaving then he can do so before the next round of attacks. My points still stand. If he attacks 327th he gain 1 kill. If he defends or attacks me he will net 0 kills (since you are already attacking me). If he attacks you he will net 13 kills. It is the logical move to attack Armies of Doom on Dantooine and Naboo.

All he has to do is either don't say who he is going to attack or say he is going to help Kiwi but then backstab him.
    Who is Kiwi going to attack, someone who is openly attacking him (me), or someone who is not (Chim)

23. 21st

21st Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 22, 2007
    I guess I didn't make it clear. You can attack multiple foes on the same planet. So in that sense, chim could take out 327, while still being able to make 12 kills elsewhere.

24. KiwiRogue

Jun 4, 2005
    Do you think anything I've said has been set in stone? I have not agreed to not attack Chim, I have proposed that if he does this for me, I will not attack him. He gets no points for making kills, only for preserving the number of his armies. My proposal is the best opportunity to keep his army numbers up and safe. And of course, if he wanted to curry favour with me to make a strong alliance, he could take out 327th, and then commit the rest of his troops into attacking you. He'll still take no damage, and reduce the amount of damage I take.

25. tulakhordpwns

Jun 19, 2007
    Ok, then the best move would be to use 2 kills on 327th (in case he defends) and 11 kills on Kiwi. I'm already screwed since Kiwi has twice as many armies as me.

Kiwi, as I said before he just has to say he is helping you, and then attack you anyways.

So using his other armies to attack me wouldn't reduce the amount of losses you take.

Why would he help you when you are both competing against each other.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.