main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars: Battlefront II General Discussion

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by hear+soul, Mar 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vengance1003

Vengance1003 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 4, 2006
    For those who have PC version of the game and want a mod: Thisis the only one you need to get. It is almost 600 mb but is worth it.
    It includes:
    28 Maps (the 12 original conversions, 4 new space maps, plus extra maps!)
    New clone legions -- the 41st, 146th, 212th, and 327th
    New unlockable classes: Recon, Special and Commander
    Over 25 new heroes including Kit Fisto,Asajj Ventress,and Cin Dralling
    New Gametypes, including Uber mode, Holocron, Order 66 and Team Dogfight
    KotOR Hero Assault (Select Clone Wars Hero Assault on most maps)

It is worth it and is an amazing mod. Remember to read the read me before downloadng!

2. TheDRiZZLe

TheDRiZZLe Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 30, 2005
    Just out of curiousity, what are the 4 new space maps?

3. JacenWayland

JacenWayland Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 10, 2007
    Stinkin' non-modifiable PS2 version.... I'm not sure what's more aggravating, the fact that I can't mod my version of the game with all this cool stuff or the fact that my PS2's so old and worn out that it refuses to run the game at all anymore.

4. Vengance1003

Mar 4, 2006
    Bespin, Muunlist, Rhen Var, and Geonosis
    Also makes Courscant and Mustafar Space avalible in instant action

5. TheDRiZZLe

Aug 30, 2005
    Are they good? In that, are there more capital ships and frigates?

6. Vengance1003

Mar 4, 2006
    No, but new character skins and ships.

7. TheDRiZZLe

Aug 30, 2005
    Interesting, what new ships? Please tell me they got the B-Wing?

8. Vengance1003

Mar 4, 2006
    B-Wing, some different ties, that clone ship from the cartoons, and asajj's ship + a lot of more ships on ground maps including K-Wing, Republic Gunship with monster paint face, and lots of Jedi star fighters colors. Definitively worth a download!

9. TheDRiZZLe

Aug 30, 2005
    Are there any mods out there that fix the ARC-170 and make it a three seater?

10. Vengance1003

Mar 4, 2006
    None that I know of

11. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    That looks pretty cool. I'm going to try it out on my comp. I just hope it works... I've had this problem in the past that I download mod maps, put them in the correct folder and everything, and some of them don't show up in my map list. And yes, I do have a legal version of the game, not a pirated one, so I know that's not a reason for any of the weird problems my game has sometimes. :p

Also, speaking of weird problems, sometimes the game up and closes on me while I'm in the middle of playing. No warning or anything. Anyone know why that happens?

12. Vengance1003

Mar 4, 2006
    You might need to lower you settings.

For anyone who is reading this, if you are still unsure if you should download it, here is a list of all the map:
    The original maps: Tatooine Dune Sea, Naboo Theed (day), both Rhen Vars, Yavin Arena, both Bespins, Kamino, Geonosis, both Kashyyyks, Naboo Plains
    Space: Bespin, Muunlist, Rhen Var, and Geonosis
    Others:Alderaan, Concord Dawn(good vehicle battles), Coruscant City(includes Papatine's office and Padme's house), Coruscant Streets(the under city as seen in AOTC), Geonosis Arena(Jedi vs. Droids), Haruun Kal Jungle (very green), Manaan (expands on KOTOR game), Methlyn(original planet) Ord Ibanna(sort of like a blue Bespin, Rattak Arena(just like in cartoons),and Raxus Prime(just like in clone Wars game).

Heros Include: Kriea, Canderous, Jolee Bindo, Master Vandar, Master Vrook, Old Republic Trooper, Atton Rand, Bao-Dur, Mission Vao, Disciple, Sith Trooper, Darth Revan, Darth Malak, Darth Nihilus, Darth Sion, Darth Bandon, Hanharr, Chuundar, Jedi Exile, Mandalore, Kit Fisto, Durge, Cin Dralling, Bespin Luke, Plo Kun, Lando, Yun, Sharad Hett, IG-88, Nom Anor, Quinlan Vos, Komari Vosa, Luminara Unduli, Grand Admiral Thrawn, Episode I Obi-Wan, Corran Horn, Jano Morel, Aurra Sing, Tatooine Luke, Episode II Anakin, Asajj Ventress, Kyle Katarn, and Jerec.

13. TheDRiZZLe

Aug 30, 2005
    Any mods with Dac as a map with teh Quarren and teh Mon Calimari?

14. Dark Lady Mara

Jun 19, 1999
    OK, I installed it. It's a pretty good add-on. Huge, but pretty good. If nothing else, it's worth it to get all the BF1 maps. And I like the Rattatak arena from the Clone Wars cartoons.

15. shadowdude1794

shadowdude1794 Jedi Youngling

Jan 29, 2007
    does anyone have a complete list of the glitches in battlefront 2? ive been looking every where for one.

16. Dark Lady Mara

Jun 19, 1999
    I don't know about a complete list, but I can tell you a few of the ones I know. As much as I like BF2, it's a very poorly-written game with numerous glitches. AFAIK, every map has at least one glitch that can be manipulated by players. Do you want to just hear what they are, or do I have to explain how to do them? I think the latter is going to be impossible to do in writing, so I'll just list some...

Coruscant: Jet troopers can walk on top of the library by flying through the ceiling of one of the corner staircases. Snipers can corner glitch their way into CP 5.

Dagobah: You can get inside Yoda's hut and prevent the enemy from capturing CP 1 (which is incredibly lame, btw, because people can hold up the game for a long time by refusing to come out of there).

Death Star: Numerous possible corner glitches for snipers, including one in the round part where the hallways meet. Jet/dark troopers have two different ways of getting on top of the map, though your ability to walk around up there is quite limited. In CTF, snipers can glitch between the two hangars (CPs 1 and 6, which are sealed off from one another in CTF mode).

Endor: Snipers can glitch into the wall of the bunker.

Felucia: Can get inside the stalks of the large plants.

Geonosis: Jet troopers and Geonosians can fly into the round bunkers. Snipers can corner glitch in to the same bunkers. At CP 5, jet troopers can get under the surface of the rock formation in front of the CP. At CP 2, both snipers and jet troopers can get inside the rock wall. It's also possible to get inside the downed ship at CP 4.

Hoth: Snowspeeders can fly off the edge of the map and turn around quickly to get under the ground. Snowspeeders can also go to the wampa side of the Rebel base (the part that's accessible in hunt mode). Snowspeeder pilots can land on top of AT-ATs, get out, and stand on top of the speeder, and the ship will remain in midair even after the AT-AT is destroyed. Snipers can corner glitch their way into CPs 2 and 3.

Jabba's Palace: Jet troopers can get on top of the map (can walk around almost the entire map). Players killed by the rancor can hit escape and respawn right at the moment of death to drop a whole string of powerups (similar to the Chewie glitch described below).

Kashyyyk: Ride a STAP up a tree. In case you don't think that one counts as a glitch, you can walk inside a number of the trees on the map.

Mos Eisley: Any class get can inside the wall of the cantina. Any class can get inside the wall of the arena. Snipers have many corners to choose from, but the choicest are the doorways that many buildings have (throw a turret in the middle of the door frame). In hero assault, Chewie and Grievous can go in the sail barge and die and will drop free powerups (health and ammo) continuously for the rest of the game. Yoda can jump inside any building that has a tent on one side. Any hero can get out of the map and run to the horizon by going out under a certain building.

Mustafar: Jet troopers can get on top of the map in at least two different ways (can walk around approximately half of the map). On the cliff side of CP 2, you can jump down onto the rocks next to the lava and not die.

Mygeeto: Tanks can drive up on top of the center building. Tanks can also drop down from the roof and end up under the floor of the center building - a very safe location to shoot people from. Jet troopers can fly into the four corner columns of the round structures like the one CP 4 has (makes it easy and safe to capture CP 4).

Naboo: Many, MANY corner glitches for snipers to take advantage of. The map is pretty much all corners.

Polis Massa: Tanks can go over the hill and circle around the map to come to the side of the building where CPs 3, 4, and 5 are. The wall is transparent here and you can shoot enemy infantry right through it. Tanks can also be driven right into the building from this location. If you have trouble doing this with a tank, you can also do it on foot by either walking your droid over the hill or using any snipe

17. tomkat364

tomkat364 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 23, 2005
    I was thinking about buying the PC version of the game based on the downloadable maps that everyone had made. My question is how does one make the maps. Is there any actual map editor with the game or is it all real programming that people have done to "hack" the maps?

18. WookieeWarrior9

WookieeWarrior9 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 5, 2007
    This is probably a silly question, but what the hey. Is there any way to get the BF II Xbox downloadable maps on the Xbox 360? I've tried a little bit, but I haven't had any success. I guess I'll have to get the original BF to play on those maps (Cloud City is my favorite!).

19. Dark Lady Mara

Jun 19, 1999
    Pretty sure there is a map editor. I haven't been on the LucasArts site in a bit, but they used to have utilities for modding maps.

20. TheDRiZZLe

Aug 30, 2005
    hehe...yeah, Cloud City rocks! Those hallways battles upstairs are a blast! I hardly ever pickup BF2 anymore, but I play BF1 atleast once a week now so I can play the old maps and bomb infantry!

21. WookieeWarrior9

WookieeWarrior9 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 5, 2007
    Okay, I finally figured it out.

22. TheDRiZZLe

Aug 30, 2005
    FYI...for those who play online, word is Gamespy and LA have removed all support for Battlefront 1 & 2, no 4 man, lagless, etc servers are working. No one can get online anymore, my clans dedicated servers are gone, everyone still playing the SWBF series, you are stuck with single player and split screen from now on.

LA...Gamespy....bite me! I was just really getting into playing BF1 again!

23. TheDRiZZLe

Aug 30, 2005
    Supposedly they are back up now and this was a false alarm.

24. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    So...anyone else decide not to buy BF3 because of how far they've modded their copy of BF2 besides me? :p

25. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    So..name of the mod? the link you put up just sent me to filefront's main page. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.