main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Star Wars Episode 7 Plot Ideas

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by DarthRuss, Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. treestump

treestump Jedi Youngling

Jan 8, 2006
    can someone please tell me why noones doing the sw novels? because this has bean bugging me for years tks.

2. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Good question.

3. Jedirush2112

Jedirush2112 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2013
    All I know is that JJ Abrams need to set the tone for this movie very quickly. Picture this scenerio: After a fierce space battle Jacen Solo's ship is disabled and being pulled in by tractor beam into some modern looking Star Destroyer. Then out of hyperspace comes the Millenium Falcon with Han and Chewie manning the guns and Lando at the helm. After making a several attempts at disrupting Star Destroyer with their laser connons, Han decides in the nick-of-time to ram the Falcon into the ship's Tractor Beam to save his son life. Han's last words" Over my dead body!" .....Boom!!!!!

Brief, heroic and sudden. This is the tone that J.J Abrams should place within the first 15 minutes of SW Episode:VII. By doing this he establishes the idea that no character is safe in this film and anyone can depart at anytime. Its what the new trilogy desperately needs in order to capture not only our attention but to give it some realism.

:cool:

4. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    You really like that idea, don't you? :p

eht13 likes this.
  5. Jedirush2112

Apr 10, 2013
    Yes I beleive in order to create some kind of realism, Something drastic needs to happen in the first 15 minutes of this film. If not, what's the point of watching if you know the main characters are not going to die! I want everyone in their seat biting their nails!

[face_nail_biting]

6. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I like the idea of no character being safe; not sure I want that idea to materialize in the first 15 minutes though.

7. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    I definitely agree there needs to be a sense that no character is safe but I would like the OT cast to have more screen time than fifteen minutes so the filmmakers can set up the drama and then make us all ball like babies! :_| Oh, and that goes double for Luke. :p

8. Jedirush2112

Apr 10, 2013
    Well if you kill off three (Han, Chewie and Lando) in the first 15 minutes you are still left with four (Luke, Leia, R2 and C3PO). Not to mention the others that made it past Episode VI like General Ackabr, Nien Nunb, Mon Mothma and such. I just want everyone saying now what?
    [face_nail_biting]

9. Original Oatmeal

Original Oatmeal Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 22, 2013
    Only have Han Solo die if he have to. Do not just have Han Solo run the Falcon into a Destroyer to blow up. There has to be alternatives to just blowing yourself up to save others. Han can die saving others but not in that kind of way. I am kind of ok with how Kenobi left in ANH. The way the master of Kenobi died is a little more likable than the way Kenobi disappears.

The Maul death scene might be my favorite. But I fine with Maul coming back for the Clone Wars. But maybe I kind of like the way Mace Windu dies, even through I would love to see that he survives. The way that Bobba Fetts "dies" or not is comical because Han Solo triggers it by accident. I am kind of ok with the order 66 with how the jedi are killed.

The way the Emperor dies is probably the most memorable death because it meant that the Star "WARS" were over for the last 30 years until now that they are announcing that 3 more wars or more are coming.

The way that Anakin's legs get sliced from Kenobi, even through he does not die, is one of the saddest and most moving deaths of any I have ever seen. In a way, the good in Anakin dies then in ROTS until Luke resurrects the good out of Vader in ROTJ.

So the death of characters like Han Solo, Luke Skywalker, Leia, Lando, Chewbacca, etc, have to be done extremely well. The bar is set so high.

10. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Standard heroic sacrifice exactly like in Star Trek 2009 and by flying a little ship into a big ship (extremely overdone in Star Wars)? Meh. I'd rather first get a feeling for the characters and their situation before someone bites it.

11. Original Oatmeal

Jan 22, 2013

Bruce Willis in the film Armageddon dies saving the world. he is the standard. He had to press the button manually. But when Luke Skywalker pressed a similar button like what Bruce Willis pressed, Luke was able to run off and died. Maybe they should have had Kenobi blow up the death Star in A New Hope. Then Kenobi would have died in the same way that Bruce Willis died. The Death Star sort of looks like a big rock heading to blow up earth.

Kenobi could have died blowing up a rock called the Death Star.

Bruce Willis died blowing up a big rock as well.

Bruce Willis died saving the world. Kenobi died but in a different less cool way.

Both Luke and Lando didn't have to die blowing up the death Stars.

If Lando is not in the new films, then have him die blowing up the Death Star 2.

Edit the Return of the Jedi to make Lando and the Falcon die.

Or have Lando climb out of the Falcon to manually press a bomb button like they did in Independence Day or in how Bruce Willis dies in Armageddon.

Jedirush2112 likes this.
  12. Jedirush2112

Apr 10, 2013
    But thats just it, We know these characters. Why would you need to get a feel for them? And I agree the flying the little ship into the big one has been done but not by the Falcon and in this universe there is no beaming out! (There are excape pods though- LOL)! Regardless, say Han, Chewie and Lando were on there way to Bespin to deliver a crate of seismic charges when they get the distress call from Leia that Jacen is in trouble. They arive at the coordinates given and the battle ensues. Before they decide to ram the ship, Lando gets the idea to program all the charges to explode upon impact. It would be hugh!!
    :p

13. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    No we don't know the characters. We don't know what happened to Han in 40 years. Is he still exactly the same, flying around in the falcon and spouting catch phrases like "over my dead body" or has he changed, evolved? I doubt he is still a smuggler. Is he working for the alliance? Is he an entrepreneur? Is he a flight instructor?

I mean, I have no problems if Han once gets into the falcon and saves the youngsters butts (dying in the process optional), but first I wanna know who he is now.

This applies to the other big three as well. I want to know where they stand right now before they get killed off.

14. DEATHCONQUEROR

DEATHCONQUEROR Jedi Knight star 1

May 13, 2011
    Taking the leaked "disciple of Palpatine" and "rebuilding the Sith armies" approach it would be great to see a whole new Sith character emerge in the sequel trilogy with origins in the Jedi Order around Order 66. It couldn't follow the A'Sharad Hett model but it could be a powerful Jedi that survived the Temple attack. After being on the run for years, he is tracked down by Vader and Palpatine. He encounters trials and turns to the dark side and then becomes one of the Emperor's Hands. After Palpatine's failure at Endor, the disciple changes the Sith code and decides it would be better if they went back to the days of the Sith Empire. He seeks recruits from Luke's New Jedi Order and rebuilds the Imperial Remnant into the galactic superpower they once were, and so on....Just an idea but I think it would be interesting

niel6658 and Dra--- like this.
  15. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    Joey Arnold is that you? :p

16. Jedirush2112

Apr 10, 2013
    No Sorry! Not Joey Arnold here.
    :confused:

17. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    I was saying that to Original Oatmeal not you. :) Also I was joking.

18. Jedirush2112

Apr 10, 2013
    LOL, I don't even know who Jeoy Arnold is.

:confused:

19. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    He was a member who used to post some pretty crazy things. He was pretty hilarious most of the time and that post reminded me of some of the things he would write.

20. Jedirush2112

Apr 10, 2013
    It was pretty Funny Stuff!
    :)

21. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Maybe Joey Arnold lives in all of us.

22. Jedirush2112

Apr 10, 2013
    Oh I'm definately capable of some insanity!

8-}

23. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I are all of the insanity.

24. Darth_Harmon

Darth_Harmon Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2005
    I had a crazy dream last night. It was incredibly detailed and, for the most part, made some sense:

Lucasfilm was sending out thousands of surveys, asking fans what kind of fans they are. I took one, and a week later got an invite to Skywalker Ranch! Turns out they wanted to gather a small group of fans and run the plot of Episode VII by them. Sort of a test pitch.

The plot went like this:

30 years after ROTJ, the Republic is slowly returning to its pre-Empire state. Mon Mothma is the Supreme Chancellor, Leia is her advisor. Leia's children are Jedi in training, and are also acting as Republic representatives, peacefully meeting with leaders of planets who have yet to rejoin the Republic. Seems once the Empire was dissolved, some planets were weary of returning to the Republic after what went down with Palpatine creating the Empire.

However, Imperial Loyalists who believe in the old ways are still active in the galaxy. While most saw them as too small to be a threat, the Imperial Loyalists have begin to grow in numbers, thanks to select corporations and underworld factions joining the Loyalists. The leader is revealed to be a male human Jedi who survived the purge, and does not trust Leia and Luke, the offspring of the man who killed many of the Jedi. This Jedi believes in a more militaristic Republic, and believes that he should be the one to lead the New Jedi Order. No Skywalker should be involved. So sort of a Jedi Civil War is going on.

During the pitch (in the dream) the LFL employee noted that the Jedi leading the Imperial Loyalists was in training when the purge went down, and he had to complete his training by hiring a former Jedi turned bounty hunter named Ventress. Ventress is not in the movie (apparently she is alive, but is old and inactive), and the Jedi character fights in her style.It sounded like Ventress's distrust in the Jedi Order rubbed off on the male Jedi. He's not so much a bad guy, but a Jedi with a different point of view on how the Order should be run. The character came off as sort of a Han Solo Jedi, who may turn to the hero side in future films. Perhaps being betrayed by the Imperial Loyalists - sort of like how Maul betrayed the Death Watch, or how Harry Potter's Malfoy was a good person in a bad position.

The dream ended with the fans giving suggestions - I recall I suggested that gungans be in the background on Coruscant, and that there be a mix of PT and OT aliens. I also wanted a Battle Droid cameo. lol

25. Original Oatmeal

Jan 22, 2013
    who is Joey Arnold? i do like the idea of a Han Solo like jedi

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.