main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Star Wars Episode 7 Plot Ideas

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by DarthRuss, Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dr strangelove

dr strangelove Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 28, 2014
    The "Jedi-hunter" rumors are starting to get picked-up by a lot of other places. I just saw a few links to it on the Yahoo main page, and IGN has it now, as well as a few other publications. I could be wrong, but I don't think rumors would be this wide-spread in the public arena if they didn't have some grain of truth to them. But then again...it could simply be that everyone's desperate and clamoring for Star Wars tidbits. Who knows.

I think there's probably some truth to all of this, although probably not in the form it's currently being presented. A non-established New Republic and a small band of loosely-aligned Sith mercenaries both sound like perfectly plausible story elements to me.

2. acroyear7

acroyear7 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 11, 2006
    I suppose someone can make the case that the Alliance's victory was more a huge setback for the Empire because of the destruction of the second Death Star and the death of the Emperor (and for Luke- the defeat of Darth Vader/ redemption of Anakin). It's hard to believe that all the Empire had was at the battle on (and over) Endor. That would make the Empire pretty small. I'm sure there are remnants of the Empire throughout the galaxy.

Jedirush2112 likes this.
  3. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    They moved to another galaxy and became harvested by the Reapers.

4. D'an

D'an Jedi Master star 4

Apr 21, 2014
    I personally loved the idea of Jedi Hunters and an unformed Republic. I like to imagine a post-apocalyptic war torn & bankrupt galaxy. A great depression if you will. Various systems looking after themselves & pursuing their own interests for good or bad. The only law becomes survival of the fittest. 30 years is plenty of time for hidden Sith (or just dark side users) to reorganize and start a terror campaign of tracking down force sensitives with a "join us or die" mentality. There's no one to stop them, & Luke Skywalker is obviously at the top of their list.

5. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
  6. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    I agree. I certainly don't think they'll be 'Jedi Hunters' in name, and talk of black and chrome stormtroopers accompanying them is wide of the mark. But the core idea is very appealing. And Nyong'o, Driver, etc playing these roles makes absolute sense. As I've said elsewhere, this idea is really growing on me.

Artoo-Dion likes this.
  7. Luke_Sparkewalker

Luke_Sparkewalker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 23, 2001
    Sounds good if the new republic isn't formed.

I'd go as far to predict that maybe each star system is inderpent now, or at least some sort of local system rulers.

8. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    They were quick to debunk the Jedi Hunter rumor, so I'm wondering if this is just a ploy?

9. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    They were late to pick up on the rumor so likewise they are late to pick up on it being false.

I'll tell you what-it is HARD to come up with a plotline as a fan who doesn't really write. There are SO many castmembers that I can't help but to forget a few everytime I get an idea.

Jcuk likes this.
  10. Darth_Zidious

Darth_Zidious Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2001
    This sounds like a normal war movie. How do the Force and the Jedi tie in? Is the external threat from dark side Force users who use lightsabers? Or do you not allow that because it violates your wish to keep the Force balanced? If the external threat is not tapping into the dark side, how are they a threat to Luke and his Jedi?
    This also sounds like a normal war movie. If there is a civil war, why are we rooting for a particular side? How is the "bad" side able to stand up to Luke and his Jedi? How is the Force involved? Are there no lightsaber battles?

I understand the need to be sensitive to ROTJ's legacy, but the story should also tie into the saga. You don't make a Godfather III and have no mafia or criminals in it.

11. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    My idea was that after ROTJ, the Alliance were too small of number to assume full control of the Galaxy, and warring factions arose which created a power vacuum. The regions of the galaxy that were once under the control of lone Imperial governors became 'failed regions' if you will? Which were ripe for the takeover of gangsters. Or other shadowy, corrupt organisations with their own agendas?

12. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    If no New Republic yet, it might be that the leaders of the Alliance chose not to reform it. Why? Well, they feared another centralized government which could lead to Empire. It might be that they instead formed a looser confederation of systems, like the CIS, but perhaps a new threat will prove to them the need for a closer union.

It could even be that this Alliance Confederation starts getting picked off one at a time to some expanding Empire (new or old). Sort of like we see with Russia and Putin picking off one of their neighbors at a time, as the rest of the world sits on their behinds.

Blip likes this.
  13. Jedirush2112

Jedirush2112 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2013
    Welcome to the Gangster movies of the 20 & 30s! Lines from Episode VII:

Luke: Points at R2 "Say hello to my little friend!"

Jedi Hunter: "You talking to me? You talking to me?

New Hutt boss: "I made him an offer he couldn't refuse!"

Han: " He sends one of ours to the Bacta Tank, we send one of theirs into the force!"

14. Artoo-Dion

Artoo-Dion Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 9, 2009
    Seriously, I'm fairly confident that there'll be black-and-chrome villains with lightsabers who hunt Jedi in some sense. TFN overreached in their dismissal, IMHO.

Immortiss and D'an like this.
  15. L0RD VADER

L0RD VADER Jedi Master star 4

May 7, 2000
    After ROTJ, it is exposed that Palpatine and Vader were powerful Force users.
    Individuals with Force powers are banished from the Galaxy as worlds are struggling in the aftermaths of Star Wars.
    Entire Star systems are in severe economical troubles, people are starving and dying.
    Factions from the Rebellion are helping in rebuilding worlds but growing distant, the "New Republic" is taking the form of "Blocs" led by political idealists. We see the emergence of a radical movement the sees these Blocs as new threat to their independence.
    Luke went into exile for the last 30 years. No one knows where he is.
    Leia never developped her jedi powers because it would have force her to go into Exile or be arrested. She instead decided to protect her family, hoping that her twins have not inherit from the Skywalker lineage...

Blip likes this.
  16. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    were'nt the jedi hunter rumors debunked? If not with a lack of proof from the debunker

17. L0RD VADER

May 7, 2000
    After ROTJ, it is exposed that Palpatine and Vader were powerful Force users.
    Individuals with Force powers are banished from the Galaxy as worlds are struggling in the aftermaths of Star Wars.
    Entire Star systems are in severe economical troubles, people are starving and dying.
    Factions from the Rebellion are helping in rebuilding worlds but growing distant, the "New Republic" is taking the form of "Blocs" led by political idealists. We see the emergence of a radical movement the sees these Blocs as new threat to their independence.
    Luke went into exile for the last 30 years. No one knows where he is.
    Leia never developped her jedi powers because it would have force her to go into Exile or be arrested. She instead decided to protect her family, hoping that her twins have not inherit from the Skywalker lineage... But she "senses" the Force is strong in one of them, now the same age she was when Luke was revealed as a Jedi to her. They grow distant, because her kid thinks she's holding him/her back.

C3PO is still at Leia's service and was seperated from R2 for the last 30 years.
    R2 is gone missing.

General Solo is a war hero and retired. He is seperated from Leia and still flies the Millenium Falcon with Chewbacca, working as a "pick-up and delivery service - legally this time - for critical material/goods in risky and hostile environement".

The movie starts on Tatooine where General Solo is picking-up an item for a special delivery
    The item is Luke's Lightsaber. It has to be delivered to central "police" responsible for the confisquation and destruction of dangerous Jedi artifacts.
    Chewbacca recognises the Lightsaber, it has something carved on it... Or a sign that shows that Luke is still alive.

In the meantime, grows a "cold war" between the 2 major factions that emerged from the victory over the empire. It is no longer machines vs clones, or Empire vs Rebellion... We're talking here about worlds that fall into one or the other faction. Some old rivalries are fueled up, neighbor planets, local disputes. Since the Empire left their system, they were left in chaos, starvation, and they would sell for any faction or political leader that would feed them and bring back order.

It's been 30 years and worlds have fallen into one or the other faction but a few remote star systems that decided to unite under a charismatic et enigmatic leader. They decide to defy galactic rules, steal Jedi artifacts and other banished weapons, droids, ships.

So here what I think will be the main themes from Episode IV:

Han discovers Luke is alive, and at some point they will reach for him and find out he trained jedi/jedis

A strong parallel to war aftermaths and that the void left by the Empire created division and misery.

The villains will come from a third faction and will try to ressurect the Sith.

Leia struggling in trying to protect her daughter that knows she was meant for something else.

18. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Those ideas are great because they "rhyme".

19. L0RD VADER

May 7, 2000
    Han Solo's job is mainly to avoid some of the confiscated dangerous artifcats to fall to the hands of "Terrorists".
    Probably, he flies, not only with Chewbacca but with a crew.

Luke is known as having been killed during the war.
    The only people knowing Luke survived (close friends and family) are convinced he left the Galaxy.
    Luke is actually STILL in the Galaxy, hidden, and training a or several padawan(s).

It is also possible that Leia's daughter (or son) go on searching for uncle Luke after learning the news from Han that he is still alive. Maybe intercepting a conversation between her mother and Han... Who is to go to Leia first with the news.

Maybe the leader of the "terrorists" is actually a remnant of the Emperor himself... A clone? A secret follower? Maybe the bad midichlorians found a way to possess a new force sensitive being after The Emperor died on the Death Star. Always two they are, a master and an apprentice... Maybe that's what happens when a Sith dies, he transfers his powers to his apprentice and so on... That's why The Emperor wanted Luke as an apprentice and "survive" through Luke... But went in "limbo" when Darth Vader killed him. He found a way to channel himself anyway.

20. D'an

D'an Jedi Master star 4

Apr 21, 2014

It's easy if you take the time...

My new opening crawl:

STAR WARS​
    EPISODE VII:​
    Prophecy of the Ancients​

Chaos consumes a post war galaxy. A bankrupt Alliance has fractured into multiple independent systems.​
    A recent edict ratified by the militant Core Worlds Union has prohibited Jedi practices and declared Luke Skywalker and his apprentices to be wanted fugitives. Seeking refuge in the fringes of free space, Luke's fledgling academy has relocated to his home world of Tatooine.​
    Sensing an imminent attack on her brother by the Dark Side's mysterious Knight Stalkers, Leia Organa has secretly dispatched a team of loyal commandos to intercept; racing aboard the fastest ship in the galaxy...​

Dak Oolron, Darth_Zidious and Jcuk like this.
  21. Darth_Corvus

Darth_Corvus Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2010
    Looks like we really need to bring back the Yuuzhan Vong War. The Chiss Ascendancy is too imperial, a Mandalorian attack would be too much like the Clone Wars, and the Witches of Dathomir might not exist at this point with Palpatine being angry at them during the clone wars.

22. D'an

D'an Jedi Master star 4

Apr 21, 2014

Uh-oh. Vong alert!

It's like egging someone's house and running away. Except the mods will find you...

23. Darth_Corvus

Jun 17, 2010

Okay, let's bring an extragalactical invasion of totally original aliens that do not use the force, are credible threats to the jedi and use totally alien technology. Better?

24. D'an

D'an Jedi Master star 4

Apr 21, 2014

Ha ha! I think some folks here hate the Vong more than Jar Jar.

Yeah, I could maybe get on board with something similar. An unlikeable, ugly, warlike species would make for good cannon fodder. I'm dying for anything other than "The Alliance didn't really win."

25. Darth_Corvus

Jun 17, 2010

They hate the Vong either because they are EU or because they killed off a character with no lines of dialogue.
    But yes, everything beats: we will continue where we left off 30 years ago.

Immortiss and D'an like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.