main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Episode III - Revenge of the Sith premiere Event

Discussion in 'Archive: Winston-Salem, NC' started by spooky-kid, Apr 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spooky-kid

spooky-kid Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 17, 2003
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v164/spooky-kid/Star%20Wars%20celebrities%20and%20Me/pretend2be.jpg]

you can borrow my cloak of course dude!

Yes, someone posted we'll have a Vader driving up from Charlotte. We'll also have a Boba Fett and another couple additional troopers. :cool:

2. Jedi_Power_GV

Jedi_Power_GV Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 17, 2004
    Is anyone but me going to Wynnsong now?

I don't see how I can sell my ticket and get a new one in High Point. I don't know anyone who even likes Star Wars, let along wants to go to a midnight showing of it.

3. spooky-kid

Jun 17, 2003
    you were to hasty. put your ticket on ebay or something.

4. LDS_Abinadi

LDS_Abinadi Jedi Youngling

Dec 30, 2004
    I am not sure who out there is into reading the books of Star Wars but I finished Labryinth of Evil. I believe there are approximately 14-16 books that happen chronologically between EP II and EP III.

I was able to read all of them in the past three months finishing with LoE last night.

Having done that, I am not sure how I ever got anything out of the story lines of the movies before I started reading the books. It is so nice to know what is going on and why thing are the way they are and how things in that universe work!

The crescendo the books have created for the movie has sustained my craving for more. I thought I was hungry for the movie to come out before but through reading it's just been amplified.

5. spooky-kid

Jun 17, 2003
    I'm currently reading ROTS novel.

6. VinkFloyd

VinkFloyd Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 28, 2000
    good to know everyone has decided to go with the best theater instead of the mediocre theater.
    can't believe it's less than 2 weeks away.
    should be good for press having more costumed people there. but 7 p.m.? on wednesday, right? that's a bit late, imo. but i'll let whatever media is there know you are coming. not like they'll be leaving or anything.
    oh, and i just started steamrolling through the rots novel. i've read each novel for the prequels before the movie came out and i feel it's always helped me enjoy the movie more, not spoil it.

7. spooky-kid

Jun 17, 2003
    so that means you're coming to the Palladium ? :cool:

Lindsay keeps telling me, you should meet chris' cousin.

Yeah, I hate spoiler free people, they are so annoying.

8. VinkFloyd

Sep 28, 2000
    uhm. yeah. i mentioned it a few weeks ago when i got tickets.

9. VinkFloyd

Sep 28, 2000
    "I called Carmike 10 on Reynolda and they will not sell tickets until the day of the movie. No help there!"

this just caught my eye while running through the thread.
    if i had to rate all the theaters i have been to in the triad, the carmike 10 would be only 1 spot ahead of the worst. the worst being the carmike 8 in high point.
    back during episode 1, we had TWO midnight shows and a 3:00 a.m. show sold out at the 12 before even 1 midnight was sold out at the 10. that was awesome.

10. Padawan311

Padawan311 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 18, 2002
    Just spoke with Jim Sands, the reporter for the local paper here in Madison where I work, he has confirmed he will be coming to the Palladium to cover the line party to interview and photograph all of us. He said he will most likely stay for the movie as well, even though it will run late (early deadline the next morning), to get our reactions and feelings about ROTS. AWESOME!!!

11. VinkFloyd

Sep 28, 2000
    "Just spoke with Jim Sands, the reporter for the local paper here in Madison where I work, he has confirmed he will be coming to the Palladium to cover the line party to interview and photograph all of us."

Did you make sure to tell him there will be people there Tuesday night?

I just kinda realised this today, actually. But those of us that will be there from 8:00 p.m. on Tuesday night, will be there a full 28 hours. That's really cool because there are 28 YEARS between movies.

Less than a week away...

12. spooky-kid

Jun 17, 2003
    you really are a fan,

it's sucks your on the wrong side though :p

13. STARDOG-D-JEDI

STARDOG-D-JEDI Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 11, 2002
    We have ways of helping him see the true nature of the darkside. We can help lead him out of the light and into the darkness.

14. spooky-kid

Jun 17, 2003
    Can it be done Lord Stardog ?

15. STARDOG-D-JEDI

Oct 11, 2002
    He will join us or die... My Master.

16. LDS_Abinadi

Dec 30, 2004
    Any of you guys from Madison want to do lunch before Wednesday? Maybe at El Corona or something. Let me know, I'd be up for it.

By the way... did you guys hear how Ewan MacGregor was dogging Star Wars fans as distrubing... He had to know coming into this that there was a large fan base and some who would be over the top... Bad PR for him...

17. Padawan311

Apr 18, 2002
    Sure lunch this week would fine with me, El Corona is a great choice. How about you Stardog, you are in the Madison area, Spooky could you make it up from Winston?

18. spooky-kid

Jun 17, 2003
  19. spooky-kid

Jun 17, 2003
    Stardog and Padawan: Do y'all have any thing you can donate to give away as prizes for trivia contests?

Brent, can you design a flyer for promoting and recruiting new apprentices into the Secret Sith Society? asap, to have available Wed. night.

2 more days :D

20. Padawan311

Apr 18, 2002
    Sure I will donate something from my collection, anything in particular that is needed, or just toys and stuff?

21. spooky-kid

Jun 17, 2003
    anything... Star Wars related

22. STARDOG-D-JEDI

Oct 11, 2002
    I'll see what I can come up with. If I get my Mac running I'll email it to you tonight.

23. Stormy1058

Stormy1058 Jedi Youngling

Apr 26, 2005
    Just wanted to stop by and say hello to everyone here. I'm Chuck with the 501st. Looking forward to meeting everyone had having a blast at the theater.

Chuck
    TK-1058
    Carolina Garrison

24. spooky-kid

Jun 17, 2003
    Welcome to our FanForce boards Chuck. :)

Do you have any idea of how we could run some trivia contests?

25. LDS_Abinadi

Dec 30, 2004
    I'll see you guys out there tomorrow around 5:00 pm or so. I am beginning to feel that showing up 7 hours early won't get me a decent seat! Hopefully the line will get started later tomorrow afternoon.

I'll be in Jedi gear. I'm hard to miss at 6'6" so say howdy if I pass by since I don't know anyone by appearance.

I take that back, I may be there in the afternoon after some thought...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.