main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Star Wars: Episode VI - As Father and Son - Part 3

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by BobaMatt, Apr 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Allegra

Jedi_Allegra Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 10, 2003
    IC: Juno Eclipse - Docking Bay 325 in Coronet City Spaceport in the capital city Coronet on Corellia

Juno fell silent in deep thought, her hands absent mindedly brushing back and forth against the hand Sol still hand resting around her waist. She couldn?t think, she was stressed. It had always been a weakness in her. Stressed out meant she had trouble thinking, which meant problems in decision making. Of course, she had pulled through thus far with high merits.

?Doesn?t he have a daughter? Her base is on Corellia and I hear she is supports the Rebellion. We might be able to go through her, with the right persuasion.? Sol threw in finally. Obviously his thought process paid off more than June?s had in the few minutes that had passed.

?Yes! She exclaimed her once stroking hand now flying to her forehead making a gentle contact. ?I knew that! A small chuckle echoed from her petite form. How could I have been so daft?! She asked herself inwardly. ?Yes, he has a daughter. Marix. And yes?? Juno began a decent back up the landing ramp and into the ship, obviously in a deep train of thought. Finally she made it to her small bunk and began to change out of her old repair uniform which carried the Imperial mark on the arm.

?She base is located her on Corellia?? She pulled her shirt over her head, muffling her speech for a moment then continuing as if nothing had stopped her. ?Not far from the edge of town.? She paused looking at Sol who happened to be leaning, quite relaxed in the doorway as Juno quickly pulled her hair up and fastened it.

?We don?t have much time. We should get moving.?

Tag: Nick

2. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    OOC: Anyone know of any Corran Horn fans that might like to take over for him?

IC: Moff Panaka

The Moff was slightly taken aback by the frosty reception. Only slightly. Palpatine had changed much since taking the throne, and Panaka chalked it up to the stresses inherent to running the galaxy. It was sad to see a man that had once been so agreeable become such a curmudgeon, but Panaka owed the Emperor much, and so pressed on with the pleasantries. What?s more, there were things the Emperor dabbled in that Panaka could only dream of.

There were rumors that His Majesty was a sorcerer.

Not wanting to incur the old man?s wrath, and constantly aware of the force pike at his back, Panaka squared his shoulders and set his jaw. ?A gift, Your Majesty,? he said holding the statue out in front of him, ?As a token of my respect and appreciation for your Empire, your New Order, and your help in maintaining the situation on Rori those years ago. It?s been some time since I last saw you, Your Highness. I did not want you to leave again for Coruscant without getting the chance to offer you my salutations in person. I hope I haven?t been too much of a bother.?

TAG: darth_nemisis, morichro

IC: Luke Skywalker

The blue haze of Binary expletives that came pouring forth from R4?s vocabulators upon being tripped over would have made a Load Lifter blush. The astromech threw open a hatch and drew his fusioncutter, ready to inflict damage. The thuggish looking fellow cowered from the droid?s tool, but Luke wasn?t interested in seeing the violence that would ensue, at the moment.

?Arfour, leave the clumsy fool alone,? he said, ?We?ve got more important things to attend to.? Luke redoubled his effort to keep up the illusion about his face, the one that kept it obscured and shifting. It was most effective when Luke was but a transient figure, not lingering long enough in anyone?s attention to register much, anyhow, but it would be effective now. He could not be recognized, not yet. Anyhow, he would soon perfect an obscure technique that allowed himself to rub clean the minds of those he passed, causing them to forget he had ever been there at all.

The droid backed away, brandishing his fusioncutter menacingly, before uttering a few final beeps and whistles, spinning, and falling in behind his master. Luke liked Arfour. He was a spunky droid, with plenty of personality, just like?Luke?s heart sank. There were times when he missed his life on Tatooine, or his old friends in the Rebellion. Perhaps, one day, after revealing himself, he could make them see the light and the truth. Until then, they were his enemies, and he had to remember that their lives meant nothing.

As he neared his destination, walking at a quick stride, his black clothing making a sharp contrast to the gaily colored Naboo fare, he reflected on his destiny.

TAG: Inquisitor_Skywalker

3. Inquisitor_Skywalker

Inquisitor_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 30, 2008
    IC: Alecs Brellar, City of Theed, Naboo

Alecs opened his mouth to reprimand Thing One, then thought better of it. No amount of lecturing would cure stupidity. So instead he turned to the blond fellow who apparently owned the unfortunate droid.

"Sorry 'bout..." He trailed off. The young man was already walking away, his astromech sending furious noises back in their direction. Alecs shrugged and looked back toward the strange man's receeding form. His cloak was billowing in an almost Vader-esque fashion as he briskly strode away. Alecs snorted softly. "Drama queen," He muttered. "Honestly, who wears cloaks these days?" He shook his head for a moment, then paused, sudden realization dawning.

Had he just critiqued another man's fashion sense?

"By the gods, I knew it!" He said to himself. The Naboo really did have a contagious fashion disease!

"Sir?" Sannis questioned cautiously, looking slightly concerned for his superior's state of mind. Alecs waved his concern away.

"It's nothing. Let's just get out of here..."

Tag: anyone in the area:D

4. R_Zion

R_Zion Jedi Master star 4

Nov 23, 2004
    IC: HK-47
    The Master?s Quarters- The Executor- In Orbit of Naboo

I bow once more as the Master looks over my catalogue of items and that he has protested to none of them. I knew I would like him. ?Statement: If there is anything you would like added in addition to what I have selected, Master, feel more than free to do so, as long as it does not hinder my primary objectives. Now, if you would excuse me, Master, I believe I shall tour your ship.?

Making my way into the corridor, several uniformed meatbags seem stare at me as they pass, going about their trivial little lives. Oh, how I would love to stop and snap one of their thin spinal cords and watch them fall lifeless to the ground. Perhaps if I am obedient, the Master will allow me to do so.

Observation: For nearly half an hour, I paced the corridors of the ?Executor?, not even seeing half of the grand vessel. Its interior reminds me a great deal of the vessels of Darth Revan?s fleet, but this one ship alone could perhaps level his entire armada. So I learned during my time within the ship?s database, this Galactic Empire has been the cause of many ?attrocities? throughout its history, even creating a weapon that could obliterate a planet in a single shot. Just the thought of it makes my processor glow. I must insist that the Master attempt to construct another one!

As the thirty-second minute passes after I had left the Master?s quarters, I begin to grown weary of my wandering and observation of the vessel and feel it is far past time to find the ship?s weapons stores. I notice a younger uniformed meatbag passing me in the corridor and, with my superior speed, grab it by its uniform collar before it realizes what is going on and lift it off the ground.

?Query: Tell me, meatbag, where do you keep your weapons on this ship??

?I?I?ll need to check your authorization,? it stammers quite timidly, caught off guard by my actions.

?Warning: My Master is Darth Vader. I?ll trust that that is authorization enough for you to tell me where the weapons are kept.?

?I?ll have to check with Lord Vader??

?It has been my experience over the years that most meatbags, especially humans, have a high fear of death, and by the look in your eyes you are no different. I will say it one more time and unless you wish to see how well your water-filled body will compartmentalize and fit into a foot locker, I suggest you tell me where the weapons are stored on this ship. NOW.?

?Deck 12, Section 32, Store Rooms 655, 656 and 657.?

Releasing my grip on the young meatbag?s collar, he drops to the floor with a hard thud, the datapad which was in its hand sliding across the deckplating. ?Statement: Thank you for your compliance, meatbag.?

As much as I wanted that answer, the challenge of fitting the junior meatbag into the locker would have been most enjoyable. A shame.

After finding my exact position within the ship, it takes only about seven minutes for me to make my way to Deck 12 and locate the store rooms he had indicated. Entering the room, my photoreceptors brighten and my processors feel as if they are aglow at the number of weapons inside. Racks of pistols, rifles, carbine, quad guns and a host of other weapons? all for the taking! All of them are unfamiliar to me at first sight, but upon reading the names emblazoned on each rack, I can recall the weapons from my brief database search. BlasTech E-11 Blaster Rifles, BlasTech DLT-19 Heavy Blaster Rifles, BlasTech DLT-20A Blaster Rifles, BlasTech SW-14r Light Repeating Blaster Pistols, Holdout Scout Blaster Pistols, BlasTech T-21 Light Repeating Blasters, BlasTech DC-17 Repeater Hand Blasters, Golan Arms FC-1 Flechette Launchers, FA-3 Flachette Launchers, MiniMag PLT Missile Launchers, Stouker Concussion Rifles, E-Web Heavy Repeating Blasters, and nine crates containing low-yield Thermal Detonators, Concussion Grenades and Frag Grenades

5. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    IC: Admiral Piett

It was a bizarre thing to hear.

?Exclamation: I desire to speak with this vessel?s commanding officer, immediately,? came the voice from behind. Piett turned to see a rather ridiculous sight coming down the central walkway. Vader's announcement could scarcely have prepared anyone for it. Coming towards him was a burnt orange battle droid of antique design, strapped to the ball bearings with high tech Imperial weaponry and mincing across the bridge with an air of superiority. Piett had half a mind to have his officers open fire.

And yet, this was apparently Lord Vader's new toy, and so instead of blasting it, Piett intended to show it courtesy. "I am Admiral Piett. I am to understand you are Lord Vader's new assassin droid. How charming. Can I be of assistance to your master, somehow?"

TAG: R_Zion

6. NickLitYouAFlame

NickLitYouAFlame Jedi Master star 5

Feb 27, 2007
    Alias: Sol Curran
    Location: Docking Bay 325 in Coronet City Spaceport in the capital city Coronet on Corellia

Sol followed Juno up the ramp into the ship, where she, wisely changed her shirt. Sol stood relaxed against the frame of the door, watching Juno almost obsessively and marveling at her surpassing beauty. He could not have told her enough, how stunning she was.

Even, in such simple clothing as a repair uniform, her tiny, curvaceous body was far more appealing than the most exotic Twi?lek or Zeltron. Sol turned his gaze innocent, when Juno had finished and stood waiting. But, before Sol could move, Juno put her hair up into a bun.

?We don?t have much time. We should get moving.?

Sol smiled at Juno?s hurriedness. She had always been impatient, and it didn?t fail to show. Hoping to calm her excited nerves, Sol reached his hand out, clasping hers. His large hand enveloped her smaller one, while his fingers entwined themselves.

Leading her slowly, Sol walked Juno outside. His touch was delicate, as if handling the most precious rose, as it tugged lightly. When they reached PROXY, Sol pulled Juno closer and whispered.

?Move we shall, my love.?

Tag: Allegra

7. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    IC: PROXY

PROXY read pheromone, body heat, respiration, and heart rate levels all at much higher than normal, for humans at rest. He would never understand this "Love," perhaps, but he knew it made humans inefficient. They wasted breath and time.

"Yes, perhaps we should get moving, 'loves,'" he said, "Is there a particular form you'd like me to take before we depart into the streets of Coronet, or is my current, impressive droid form sufficient?"

TAG: NickLitYouAFlame, Jedi_Allegra

8. R_Zion

Nov 23, 2004
    Bridge- The Executor- In Orbit of Naboo

"I am Admiral Piett. I am to understand you are Lord Vader's new assassin droid. How charming. Can I be of assistance to your master, somehow?"

I eye the thin meatbag admiral closely and analyze his statement momentarily as I cradle the DLT-19 in my grip. There was a condescension in his voice that was most aggravating. It was indeed time for a demonstration. I will soon assure the respect I deserve from these simple organics.

?Statement: There is indeed a way in which you might be of assistance to my master. I have come to make this ship?more efficient.?

?Request: Select your five most unproductive bridge officers and have them step forward, please.?

TAG: BobaMatt

9. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    IC: Admiral Firmus Piett

Piett's lips tightened, and he could feel his morals grind quite against his will. What sort of game was Vader playing here? Or was this even coming from that high? Piett had heard of droids gaining personalities and developing a form of madness.

"Are these Lord Vader's orders, droid?"

10. NickLitYouAFlame

NickLitYouAFlame Jedi Master star 5

Feb 27, 2007
    Alias: Sol Curran
    Location: Docking Bay 325 in Coronet City Spaceport in the capital city Coronet on Corellia

Sol sighed when PROXY interrupted again. This time, he had nothing to add, but his sarcasm. Sol sometimes wished he hadn?t had his inhibitors removed. Breaking the moment himself, Sol cocked his head towards his droid companion and smirked.

?When did you become such a cynic, PROXY??

Sol flashed a brilliant smile, to indicate his joke. He sighed again and tried to think of a good guise for his metallic friend.

?How about doing a heavy-set Twi?lek? Make it look like hired muscle.?

Tag: BobaMatt

11. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    IC: PROXY

"Well considered, Master," PROXY said, cycling through his memory banks for images of heavy set Twi'leks with a certain intimidating bent to them. Finally, he charged up his prototype holographic technology.
    [image=http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/3/3e/Valius_arrest_Zayne.jpg]
    "What do you think, Master Curran? Mistress Eclipse? Too much?"

TAG: NickLitYouAFlame, Jedi_Allegra

12. darth_nemisis

darth_nemisis Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 2004
    IC: Emperor Palpatine
    ~Emperor's Retreat - Naboo~

Palpatine could feel the fear emanating from the Moff, but the fear was wiped aside as the respectable man pleaded his case - Panaka was surely unaware that the Emperor had nearly killed him just moments before. â??As a token of my respect and appreciation for your Empire," he began, "your New Order, and your help in maintaining the situation on Rori those years ago. Itâ??s been some time since I last saw you, Your Highness. I did not want you to leave again for Coruscant without getting the chance to offer you my salutations in person. I hope I havenâ??t been too much of a bother.â??

Palpatine nodded. He had to hand it to the man, the gift was very nice, and would be a great addition to the throne room aboard the Death Star that was currently being built. "Leave it," he said concisely. He would allow it to stay where it was and would have one of his many servants pick it up. "Kanos," he said loudly to one of his most trusted Royal Guards - the man was quite an efficient bodyguard. "I have an assignment for you." He waited for the guard to approach. "You may have overheard my task I assigned to Shira. I need you and Jax to accompany her to Yinchorr and aid in overseeing the project. You are of my most prestigious guards, you will train them well."

The Emeperor swiveled once more in his chair, looking out at the vast lake. The sun was falling, setting a brilliant light upon the lake. "Panaka," he said softly. "You may leave at your own will, but if you have anything you would like to ask of me, I will allow it." Palpatine could feel the confusion deep within the Moff, and he did not blame him. Palpatine had played his Senator role perfectly, fooling everyone into believing he was a trustworthy politician rather than some Sith. It was tricky to pull off, but with the aid of the Dark Side, he was able to fool everyone, including the strongest of Jedi. Perhaps now Panaka would clear some of his questions with his ruler.

TAG: BobaMatt, morichro

13. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    OOC: Forgive me, everyone ... designing the "New Player FAQ" has taken some of my free time away. I have now returned.

P.S. Statement: I am most enjoying the continuing adventures of HK-47, assassin droid and newly-appointed Human Resource Manager of the Executor. :D

IC - Yoda

Dagobah

The Jedi Master clearly felt the unravelling of Force energy which was the departure of Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon's essences, and sighed.

Once again, he was alone.

Yoda settled his right hand back on the crest of his walking stick and hobbled out of the hut, setting out across the swamp. He could almost smell the lifeforce of the various animals and denizens of the swamp scampering in the near vicinity. The Living Force here was strong indeed; that, and the presence of the Cave, had been the things which had masked his presence from the Empire.
    For all the good it had done.

But the habits of his life still governed his conduct, and he put the despair and disappointment to the back of his mind as he moved over soggy loam and questionably-hard sands. There was a task before him, and whatever else he had done with his life he had always acted with resolve.

She was not coming here for training as a Jedi, he reminded himself as the Force whispered to him of the bright intelligence making its way through the heavy treeline in his rough direction. She was wholly unaware of her heritage, and thus the only reason she could be here would be due to his status as a Jedi. She would be coming to ask his help. Just as she had three years earlier with Obi-Wan Kenobi, fleeing the Emperor's agents on her way to Tatooine. It took courage to do that -- place the whole survival of her Rebellion on the suggestion that there was still a Jedi alive somewhere on Tatooine.

To put so much in play for such a small goal; her early accession to her Senatorial position; her command of a hopelessly outgunned band of Rebels -- it all suggested that she did not consider the how of achieving a goal; merely what the goal was.
    Just as the Council had done with Anakin Skywalker: his strength was such that by war's end, they no longer told him how to do something, merely what needed to be done. And he found a way.

He was not sure whether this was a good thing.

But it suggested one thing: it would not be simple turning her from whatever goal she had in mind and accepting training as a Jedi. To do that he would have to find some other reason, some other motivation.

Yoda was still thinking about it when his pointed ears picked up the distinct sounds of a human crashing inexpertly through the underbrush about thirty yards from his position. He looked around, surprised but also unsurprised. So this was where the Force had taken him to meet her: the very place where he had first met Luke Skywalker, right down to the small log he had sat on when he announced himself.

So be it; Yoda knew signs when he saw them, even though the future in all its permutations could not be predicted. The Jedi Master hauled himself up onto the log, taking a seat calmly where he had been when Luke first saw him. He laid his gimer stick next to him, and raised his eyes just in time to see a young woman in simple clothing push her way through the treeline and set foot in the clearing.

Not as tall as the father; but there was something in the shape of the face, or the set of the shoulders, that suggested him. The eyes, though, were her mother's: dark, cool. No hot smoulder of anger there -- at least for now. That, he thought, as she spotted him, was perhaps the best thing about the situation.

TAG: Burning_Endor

14. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    OOC: No worries, Saint! Also, everyone should check out the thread he mentioned. It's useful for new and older gamers, alike.

15. Jedi_Allegra

Jedi_Allegra Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 10, 2003
    Sol turned his gaze innocently as Juno spun ?round and put her hair up into a bun. She was anxious to get going before dark, they were losing daylight fast, and she could only shiver at remembering what Corellia?s darkened streets were like in the evenings. Something she didn?t really want to remember. Her lips upturned into a very bright smile as she saw the sparkle in Sol?s eyes as she approached him all ready for their evening escapade. Her nerves were totally shot as well, yet they eased as he reached out his large, warm hand out for her to grab onto. Placing her hand into his her bright face looked up and met his eyes, his fingers entwined, lacing through hers.

He led her slowly, his touch soft, and delicate, which made the butterflies in June?s stomach go crazy, not to mention the fact that her heart beat always kicked up, beating abnormally fast. As soon as the reached the base of the landing platform Sol pulled Juno in gently and whispered in her ear, his breath tickling ever so slightly. "Move we shall, my love." Her heart raced as she reached her hand up gracefully to caress his cheek ever so softly, leaning forward and standing tall upon her tip toes, yet much to her malcontent, the droid (which she had forget was there due to her state of la la land), piped up.

"Yes, perhaps we should get moving, 'loves,'" he said as Juno?s cheeks flushed over a bright pink as she slid back down Sol letting her feet return to the steel beneath her. Sol sighed audibly and her lips upturned in a faint tilted smile. "Is there a particular form you'd like me to take before we depart into the streets of Coronet, or is my current, impressive droid form sufficient?"

"When did you become such a cynic, PROXY?"

Sol flashed a brilliant smile, to indicate his joke, the woman?s brow arched slightly at his light sarcastic comment, "How about doing a heavy-set Twi'lek? Make it look like hired muscle." Blue eyes widened as she glanced from the droid to her companion, in which she still rested in his embrace.

"Well considered, Master," After what seemed like he was searching for the needed programme finally he charged up his prototype holographic technology.

"What do you think, Master Curran? Mistress Eclipse? Too much?"

It took all of Juno?s concentration not to laugh.

TAG: Nick, Matt

16. SkywalkerShine

SkywalkerShine Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2007
    Hey, BobaMatt? I already did a CS of Deena Shan and sent it to you through PM. If that's okay... Just to let ya know...

17. R_Zion

Nov 23, 2004

This Piett meatbag is beginning to irritate me. First he speaks condescendingly to me and now he doubts my authority! While it is true that my Master did not give me express permission for this operation, the results of it will make this ship more efficient and battle-ready once suitable replacements are found, which will no doubt be pleasing to the Master in the end. I am merely executing his will, whether he is aware of it at this point or not. I will not be denied by a feeble organic oxygen siphon!

?Warning: I am my Master?s servant, activated by your Lord Darth Vader himself, and as such it is my duty to exact the will of my Master. This vessel must run as effectually as possible so that it might serve as an effective example to the rest of the Master?s fleet and to the entire Galactic Empire. We may, of course, go to speak with the Master in his quarters if you do not trust me, but no doubt he is quite busy within. I certainly would not want to interrupt him while he is busy, nor openly tell him that I distrust his decision-making, would you?? I step close enough to the rigidly-placed Admiral so that I might speak into his ear. ?Query: Tell me, meatbag, have you ever seen the wrath of an incensed Sith Lord??

18. starwarsbeauty

starwarsbeauty Jedi Master star 4

Feb 1, 2005
    IC: Shira Brie

Shira tried to find Vader after he had left the emperor's presence. The woman believed he had probably already started on his mission. She would discuss her situation with him when she arrived on Yinchorr

She made her way to her current living quarters. Immediately after entering the room, she found a chair and took a seat. She refused to let what had happened earlier upset her any longer. There was always the possiblility that she could truly please the emperor while she was on Yinchorr or that Jade would fail in her task or even get killed. Shira inwardly laughed as she thought of the idea that Jade would fail. Standing, Shira force pulled some blasters into her hands. A task Vader had taught her not long ago. She would need to keep working on it while she was away.

Shira gathered some belongings and began to make her way to a ship. She would set off on her task soon.

Tag: Moricho, BobaMatt, darth_nemesis

19. ForceForever

ForceForever Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 10, 2008
    IC: Mirax Terrik
    ?Terrik Exports? 51752 Commerce Way, Coronet City, Corellia, Corellia System, Corellian Sector.

It was a large building, a former warehouse for large ship parts, the slightly faded paint of the building was almost due for a fresh coat, but despite this it was a respectable looking establishment. A ship, a modified Baudo-class star yacht, rested on one of the roof top landing pads. The front of the building had two large cargo doors and a small door for personnel and customers. The sign above the door boldly states ?Terrik Exports?.

Inside the warehouse was a very well organized assortment of items from around the galaxy. The warehouse has everything from objects of long dead cultures and items of antiquity to modern ship parts and clothing. A popular saying that has been popping up around Corellia is ?If you can?t find it ask Terrik.?

In a small corner of the massive warehouse a small office has been erected. The desk was made of solid Kriin-wood and it was intricately carved with designs from Alderaan. In front of the desk were two chairs salvaged from the cockpit of an old Theta-class shuttle. The filing cabinet looked like it was looted from an Old Republic Bureaucrat?s office on Coruscant, and the main chair behind the desk was a salvaged Y-Wing ejector seat mounted on a cross brace and a heavy spring.
    In that chair sat a young woman. Her black hair was tied back and a Nerf leather jacket hung on the back of her chair. She was reading over invoices and cargo manifests, brushing a strand of escaped hair out of her face when the office?s environmental systems would blow it around.

The comm. on her desk chirped at her. ?Miss Terrik? The shipment from Mon Calamari has arrived.?

?Good I?ll be there to look it over in a second.? She set the invoices down and picked up her jacket and headed towards the receiving area.

Tag: Just wanted to get in the game.

20. morichro

morichro Jedi Youngling

Dec 23, 2007
    Kir Kanos
    Naboo, the Emperor's retreat

?Excellent, my Lord.?

Kanos' concentration was not broken, as he fixed himself on a single knee and yielded before Emperor Palpatine's brilliant stature. Yes, Sidious was not entirely empty; there was a mutual respect between him and Kir Kanos that rippled throughout the core of the Emperor's throne room, though it was not as strong as his trust and reliance in Vader, it was different. The guard felt the supplicate request was quite appropriate, considering his circumstances. He had done this training, and he knew of the specifications required to perform accurately.

A prerequisite of being a royal guard was of course force sensitivity, the Guard gathered as he stood up, took a bow, and left the room shortly after Shira Brie. They needed this to further accentuate their abilities, despite already being efficient in almost every kind of combat the galaxy offered these days. Taking a quick left through the serpentine corridors of the retreat, he figured he would meet Brie somewhere by the hangar area. If they were to oversee this project together, they might as well share transport. Hopefully, their visit wouldn't be anything but expeditious. He had forgotten the interval between Naboo and Yinchorr since last time, but they would find out soon enough.

?Prepare a shuttle for Lady Brie and me, please. Give us something rather fleeting,? he uttered to the hangar director as he passed through the entrance, his uniform blood-red cloak flapping at his crimson boots.

TAG: Shira.

21. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    OOC: Hate to godmod, but Burning_Endor?s having computer troubles and the Dagobah plotline is falling woefully behind. Saintheart and Endor should be in contact with me to figure out how to make this work. I hate to do this to ARSLAN5, too, but not only has there been no posts from him in a week, but he hasn?t responded to my PMs or email, so I?m going to make the character of Corran Horn open. I?ve gotten one applicant for the character already.

I don?t mind if Darth Real Life becomes a problem, I mean?hey, we?re all human. But in the future I would appreciate it ? and many of you have already done so, thank you ? a PM if there are issues, just to let me know what?s going on.

ForceForever, nice post. Welcome. You?ll be written in soon. SkywalkerShine, I received your CS. Sorry I didn?t respond right away. I?m deliberating on it.

The sandbox period, originally intended to let some of the lagging storylines catch up, is about to be over. Get your last exploratory posts in while ya can. :p

I think that?s all the business so far.

IC: Leia Organa, Dagobah

The swamp had been unforgiving in the days she?d been here. The Falcon had taken off again to avoid the moisture, the wildlife, and the clinging flora, leaving Leia and the R5 droid to deal with things on their own. Leia didn?t resent them. She knew she could take care of herself.

She passed the time searching, calling out, running scans, and looking through Luke?s recordings for clues. Things weren?t going quite as hard as she?d expected. She didn?t tell anyone, but strangely enough the whole place seemed?familiar. It was a frightening sensation to have, a familiarity with a place you?d never been, but at least she didn?t feel lost. She knew which plants were edible, and what marked the passing of the more dangerous animals, all on an instinctual level, constantly surprising her. Perhaps the Jedi Master, Yoda, was helping her, and that would be a good sign: it would mean he would agree to come with her and help the Alliance.

The rustling in the bushes startled Leia, and she pulled her blaster. It took her a moment to register that what had come out of the bushes was not an animal. It was a small, green, ancient looking creature with wisdom in his eyes. Leia recognized him. He was just as Luke had described him.

?You?re?you?re Yoda,? she said. ?I?ve been searching for you. I?m Princess Leia Organa, of the Rebel Alliance. I was a friend and comrade of Luke Skywalker, before he died. Perhaps you wouldn?t mind speaking with me??

Beneath the gaze of those deep green eyes, Leia felt the weight of the galaxy.

TAG: Saintheart, Burning_Endor

IC: Admiral Piett, bridge of the Star Dreadnought Executor, over Naboo

?I have seen that wrath exacted on a number of my colleagues, yes,? Piett sneered. This was ridiculous, but the thought of having his trachea crushed weighed on him heavily. Not as heavily as the lives and the loyalty of his men, however. Vader was brutal, but this was a farce. Piett?s breath was ragged as he exhaled. ?I?m sorry, droid, but I request that Lord Vader confirm these orders with me before they?re carried out, and also that he confirm your status as an automaton able to act as his proxy and give order?s to an Admiral of the Imperial Fleet. Until then, I cannot follow an order from you, nor can I sanction any action you may take on my bridge.?

Piett squared his shoulders and stared into the droid?s red photoreceptors, awaiting his reply.

IC: Moff Panaka, the Emperor?s Retreat, outside Theed, Naboo

A million questions ran through Panaka?s head at that moment, all of them concerning the changes in Palpatine?s characters, the rumors of the atrocities wrought in his name?Alderaan? Why was he treating an old friend this way? And yet all that would come forth was, ?Are you pleased with my performance as Moff of Chommell

22. R_Zion

Nov 23, 2004

Statement: I really, truly HATE this meatbag.

My fingers reaches for the trigger of the DLT-19 and hover there. I could, without a doubt, kill this Admiral before he even realized what had occurred and then survive the forthcoming assault from the ship?s security. Truthfully, I doubt the white-armored organics would provide much of a challenge for one such as myself, but in the end, the collateral damage would most likely be more than the Master would be willing to allow. Seeing that I have only just been reactivated, I don?t relish the thought of being deactivated?or worse?so soon, so I will stand down, for now. That does not mean, however, that I will concede to this meatbag or that I cannot continue my bluff.

?Statement: Very well, then. I shall report back to the Master and tell him of your?objections. No doubt his reaction will bode ill, Admiral.?

I turn and begin to make my way back down the corridor off of the bridge but pause in step, finishing my visit by saying, ?Warning: I had been going to restrain myself by only testing these weapons upon the weak and ineffectual, but you have just risen to the top of my list, meatbag.?

Marching back through the ship with deliberately heavy marching, my weapons still bared openly, I dare any of the meatbags to look at me cross. The desire to shoot SOMETHING is almost unbearable, but I press on irregardless. Shortly there after, I return to the Master?s quarters, lightening my steps and bowing as I approach him. ?Statement: I have returned, Master.?

?Query: I was wondering if I might be able to make a request of you, Master.?

23. Inquisitor_Skywalker

Inquisitor_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 30, 2008
    IC: Alecs Brellar, Captain's Cabin, aboard the Onslaught, Naboo Orbit

Alecs finished the last button of his uniform, smoothing out the collar to starched perfection. He silently assessed himself in the mirror, ensuring that not a single wrinkle or out-of-place crease marred the garment. It was, perhaps, the one habit of his old life that he clinged to. A strange thing to hold to, perhaps, when everything else of the man he'd been was gone, but it was a part of what made him him, a quality he'd only recently begun to appreciate. He knew that one day, he would betray the Empire, as it had betrayed him, and that he would likely die soon after. But if he was destined to die trying, then by whatever deities that watched over the galaxy, he was going to go out with dignity!

He smiled slightly at his reflection, a gesture that didn't quite reach his eyes. In these moments of calm, all alone, he could drop the mask of the energetic, rebellious, good humored captain, and look upon his true self. Raw lines of unresolved grief radiated from his all too knowing eyes. Old eyes, set in an increasingly gaunt and aged face, marked by years of bitter experience. What would Winda say if she could see him now? Or the girls?

With well practiced ruthlessness, he shoved those particular questions into the far corners of his mind, where they would leave him in relative peace. Once he had his revenge, he would have plenty of time to face those demons later... if he survived, that is. And if he died... well, then it really wouldn't matter, would it?

With one last glance in the mirror, he turned, donning his mask, to return to the bridge.

Tag: That GM guy, ya know, BobaSomethin'-or-other?

24. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    IC: Admiral Piett

Piett deflated as he saw the droid clank away down the walkway. That had very nearly gotten ugly. He tried not to notice the approval in the glances and the murmurs coming from the crew pits. He had merely done his job.

And now it was back to business.

Piett spoke to the Comm Officer without turning. "Patch me through to the Onslaught."

There was the usual, minor delay, and suddenly Captain Brellar appeared onscreen, his uniform as crisp as ever. "Captain Brellar, I trust your shore leave was adequately relaxing? Good. In a few hours the Emperor's guests will be returning to you with their destinations. You will allow their ships to dock with the Onslaught and, and you will jump them to their locations. What's more, please try to stay within your proper orbit for a while, as the Avenger will be jumping in shortly to return His Majesty to Imperial Center. Understood?"

As Piett began to relax after shutting down communications with the Onslaught, he was immediately brought back to attention by the approach of a Gungan freighter. Without needing to be told, the Comm Officer opened up a channel to the vessel. Piett spoke again. "Unidentified freighter, you are on an intercept course with the Star Dreadnought Executor. What is the meaning of this?"

The response was delayed, and the image was garbled. The sound, however, was clear. "I wish to speak to Lord Vader. He'll know who I am."

Piett was not ready to give in so easily. "Please broadcast your identification codes and kill your engines."

"Warn Lord Vader of my approach," the voice came again, "He'll clear me to dock."

This was beginning to be a bit much for Piett. Was everyone in the galaxy suddenly privy to the Dark Lord's thoughts but Piett himself? "Freighter, I order you to kill your engines while I relay your message to Lord Vader. If you do not comply you will bear the brunt of my turbolasers. Understood?"

The freighter slowed and finally stopped. It hung in space, listing slowly to the left across Piett's viewscreen. He opened a comm to Vader's quarters. "Lord Vader. A Gungan freighter is approaching. A man aboard says you know him. What are your orders?"

TAG: morichro, TEEGIRLOO, starwarsbeauty, Inquisitor_Skywalker

IC: Lord Darth Vader

Vader stood at the approach of his assassin droid. Apparently there had been a ruckus on the bridge, and HK had been the cause of it. As if nothing at all had transpired, however, the droid said, "?Statement: I have returned, Master. Query: I was wondering if I might be able to make a request of you, Master.?

Vader was about to inquire as to the nature of the request, and demand an explanation of the antics with Piett, when the Admiral came on the Comm.

"Lord Vader," he said, "a Gungan freighter is approaching. A man aboard says you know him. What are your orders?"

Vader was mystified. He knew no one who flew a Gungan freighter, and knew of no reason that anyone would want to contact him now that couldn't otherwise do so. And then he felt a gesture in the Force, like being poked in the mind. Luke.

"Allow the freighter to dock, Piett. I want no one in the hangar except essential personnel."

The comm channel closed, and Vader stood still, gathering himself. Finally, he turned, his cape making a dramatic swoosh, and strode towards the hangar. "Come, HK. We will worry about your request later."

25. SkywalkerShine

SkywalkerShine Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2007
    Thank you. And take your time. No rush. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.