main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Waco, TX Star Wars Galaxies on June 26th

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Bullseye, Jun 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bullseye

Bullseye Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 22, 2003
    Star Wars Galaxies, the upcoming MMORPG from LucasArts has a set release date now, as well as a fixed price rate for the subscription game. The latest press release talks about the game's launch on June 26th, a mere 9 days away.

At launch Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided will offer four subscription plan options: Month-to-month - $14.99; three months - $14.00 per month; six months - $13.00 per month; and 12 months - $12.00 per month. By subscribing to any of the latter three plans, players can expect savings of up to 20 percent over the month-to-month rate. Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided has a suggested retail price of $49.95, and includes a 30-day subscription to the game. A special collector's edition, which includes a book of game-related art, in-game wearables, pewter figurine, lapel pin and patch, and a signed manual, will be available for a suggested retail price of $79.95.

2. DARTHGOON

DARTHGOON Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 24, 2002
    they are CRAZY,There is NO WAY IN HELL IM GOING TO PAY 150 dollars a year to play online,THEY ARE IDIOTS IF THEY THINK PEOPLE ARE GOING TO PAY THAT MUCH!!!!!!!!

3. BroodMcEto

BroodMcEto Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2002
    I would pay. But alas, I cannot. The kid will be here soon. I can't justify it. It's kinda like an all you can eat buffet. Sure, you can go, pay $5 (or whatever) and eat. Usually you aren't happy when you leave. Either you ate too much and feel sick, or you don't eat enough and feel as though you paid too much. Very seldom do you walk away feeling content with the food/money ratio. Not saying it doesn't happen, just saying it's rare.

That's how I feel with this game. Yeah, I could buy the game, and after convincing my wife, I could pay $140 a year. But, I would feel as though if I didn't play every available hour, I wouldn't be getting my money's worth. But, if I do play every available hour, I would be neglecting everything else, including the son I'm about to have. Can't have that now, can we?

I wish that I could afford this game, both financially and emotionally, but I can't. So, yes, Robert, they are crazy. So crazy it just might work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.