main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Bloom, IN Star Wars Gaming

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Jedi_Bindo, Jul 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Bindo

Jedi_Bindo Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 6, 2004
    Does anyone play the Star Wars TCG(trading card game) or would anyone like to learn its really easy to learn and REALLY fun to play. Also does anyone play any other Star Wars game?

2. echo-3

echo-3 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    I would like to learn the trading card game.
    Mike is a MASTER at SW Trivel Persuert and Mike , Sara , Casey ,John and myself play SW monopoy and anything SW board related games.
    The role playing games is just to far above my head soi I dont get into that. :)

3. Jedi_Master_Casey

Jedi_Master_Casey Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 22, 2004
    i would like to learn, i have some cards already but don't know how to play

4. Jedi_Bindo

Jul 6, 2004
    Awesome, I'm ok at star wars trivial pursuit and id'd like to play agian sometime. I can teach anyone that would like to learn the Star Wars TCG. Just tell me and we can set up a time. I'm sure everyone here will like it.

5. lukesky27

lukesky27 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 23, 2004
    Is this the game with the cards that are made by Decipher and some are short printed and stuff? I own some of those cards and my brother bought me the "Premiere" Introductory two player game in a box. I never opened it though. I would be willing to learn.

Dennis

6. Jedi_Bindo

Jul 6, 2004
    No it's not the Decipher card game, I never really learned how to play that one...it's still to this day rated to be the hardest card game out there to learn how to play. I know how to play the Star Wars TCG by wizards of the Coast, it's fairly new, the Game Preserve is selling the cards for $2.50 a booster pack, which is a little more than a dollar off, which makes it pretty easy to buy a lot of cards.

7. lukesky27

lukesky27 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 23, 2004
    oh sorry about that....I guess that I have no idea what you are talking about than. ?????

8. Jedi_Bindo

Jul 6, 2004
    No worries

9. Bodknocks_

Bodknocks_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 4, 2004
    I would play the SW TCG but I haven't found anyone else who plays it. I bought a couple starter sets and boosters at C2, but they haven't seen any play since then. :( I really liked the game mechanics and was not put off by the dice rolling like some people.

I have an AOTC Yoda (uncommon) with Richard Garfield's signature on it. Woot! Pretty nifty, eh?

I've also been playing SWRPG since Christmas 2000. I would love to attend the campaign that's going on at the Game Preserve, but Tuesday is not a good day for me in the fall/winter/spring. This summer I could go to a few sessions here and there, but most GMs don?t like that and I don?t blame them. Maybe next year...

10. Jedi_Bindo

Jul 6, 2004
    Ah man a signed Yoda card thats awesome! Yeah, I've only met one other person that playes the Star Wars TCG, so that would be cool if we could get a game going sometime and maybe the game will make a come back.

11. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    I would like to propose a idea.

On July 31 is our next Hoosier Alliance meeting at Barnes and Noble @ 6 PM. Why don't we make a sub meeting to play a game and Austin and Brad can show those that want to learn or play how to?
    Why don't we say 4pm on that Sat?
    Two hrs should gives us time to learn and play shouldn't it?
    And then if its successfully, we could have a sub meeting every month 2 hrs before to play the game.
    Let me know what you think.

Eric

12. Bodknocks_

Apr 4, 2004
    That sounds like a great idea! I'm all for it. I might have to stop by and get some more cards at the Game Preserve this week because I only have the AOTC starter sets and a few boosters. I don't think I'd do so hot with just the first expansion. o_O

I forgot to mention in my last post, but I also have Star Wars Monopoly and Trivia Pursuit. Anyone know of any other good SW board games? I know there's a good one based on the battle of Naboo, and I've seen a few others, but I haven't played any of them.

13. NorvelleJedi05

NorvelleJedi05 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 26, 2002
    It looks like we're going to have some sig's. :D

special interest groups

14. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    What do I need to get first?
    Eric

15. Jedi_Bindo

Jul 6, 2004
    Thats a great idea Eric. Just to forewarn everyone though it's only a 2 person game, just so everyone knows. But, hopefully we can get everyone through a game that wants to play. I have five decks so people can use my cards if they want before going out to buy cards(if they like).

16. DZ-437

DZ-437 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 25, 2003
    I pulled this from the GenCon Indy websight:

"Star Wars Trading Card Game - 2004 Championship
    Invitation Only. The Star Wars 2004 Championship is giving away over $10,000 in prizes; your last chance to qualify is at the Star Wars Trading Card Game - 2004 Championship Series Open on Friday!"

You gamers might want to check it out since it is so close. Copy and paste the following link to go to the page it's on.

http://www.gencon.com/displayindy.aspx?file=indy-event-highlights

17. Bodknocks_

Apr 4, 2004
    I bought all the TCG cards I could today. Cleaned the house, you could say. I only have one deck apiece (light and dark) but I'd be more than willing to let someone use one if they would like to play next meeting. I don't have very good decks, but meh, it's all in good fun!

Where do you get all your cards Bindo?

18. Jedi_Bindo

Jul 6, 2004
    I've been buying my cards at the Game Preserve, but they dont have a large selection because no one plays the game. They only have boosters from the Battle of Yavin set. You can also buy the starter set at Borders, I dont know about Barnes and Nobles though, I'll have to check it out. But if the game gets popular again and there's a demand for them I know that will get the GP to start selling more of the Star Wars TCG cards.

19. Bodknocks_

Apr 4, 2004
    Yeah, I bought all their Yavin boosters yesterday -- I'll keep an eye out for more. I think we can cause a big enough demand for the GP to stock and sell the cards regularly, especially if we can get even more people into the game come next meeting. What do you think?

Let me know if GP starts selling any more! :D

20. Jedi_Bindo

Jul 6, 2004
    Oh I will!

21. Bodknocks_

Apr 4, 2004
    Just out of curiosity, how many people would like to learn how to play the TCG?

22. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    ME ME ME ME ME !!!!!

23. Jedi_Bindo

Jul 6, 2004
    I talked to Brian, the manager of Game Preserve, about restocking on the Star Wars TCG and he said, "well since there's an uprising in the game, I'll order some for next week." or something to that effect.

24. NorvelleJedi05

NorvelleJedi05 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 26, 2002
    Thanks Brad. :)

25. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    How much are they a pack? Would I do better on ebay?
    Can U send me in the right direction on what I need to start with?
    Eric

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.