main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Miniature Game

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by REBO1971, Aug 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. REBO1971

REBO1971 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 13, 2004
    Rebel Storm, the Star Wars Miniature Game, comes out on September 3. This is a tabletop combat game played with collectible Star Wars miniatures. I have been waiting for this game for a long time!!!!! Collecting these miniatures is going to make me broke!!!!(Why did these have to come out when I need to be saving money for Christmas?????????)

This should be a fun game to play and collect.

Check out the link below for some pictures:

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=swminis

2. GrnJalera

GrnJalera Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 3, 2001
    No thanks. I already dump too much money into plastic crack (otherwise known as HeroClix).

3. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    I think I'm actually going to part with my HeroClix collection so that I can buy this game instead. More people I know will probably play the Star Wars game, whereas I don't have friends who play HeroClix anymore.

4. GrnJalera

GrnJalera Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 3, 2001
    I play! I play! Always looking to find new people to play with.

And if you do decide to sell, let me know what you're will to part with. I may give them a good home. ;)

5. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    Unless you want to come to Boston to play, we're both out of luck. And I really suck anyway. I never got enough experience to improve much.

Once I figure out what I have I'll drop you a line. :)

6. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    The sculpting on those looks pretty cool. I was never all that impressed with HeroClix, so I only have the Batman and Spider-Man promo figures I got free at WizardWorld Chicago 2 or 3 years ago.

I might get these just to decorate the dust on my computer desk, though.

7. REBO1971

Jan 13, 2004
    I play! I play! Always looking to find new people to play with.

I have a lot of HeroClix, but have a hard time finding people to play with. Maybe we can get together for a game sometime!

The date on the Star Wars game may be moved. The store I am ordering them from was not able to get them this week. I do not know any other info. All I know is I WANT MY STAR WARS MINIATURES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. REBO1971

Jan 13, 2004
    Amazon.com says the game comes out on September 14, but the Wizards of the Coast website says September 3. I hope that the Wizards of the Coast date is correct, but since the store I am ordering them through was not able to place the order this week, I am leaning towrds the Amazon.com date as the correct one.

9. REBO1971

Jan 13, 2004
    My starter set came in today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't wait to play this game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    I caved in and got a booster pack of these today. The sculpting looks great. I might actually break down and buy a starter set next week.

11. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    Beltayn has some, possibly the "starter set" you might want to check with him over on jkoc.com?

They look cool...like I need another SW addiction to spend all my money on :D

12. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    The starter set is just 10 figures, the rules and a map used to play on. I have very little desire to play this game, but I might buy a starter set just to see how to play.

13. REBO1971

Jan 13, 2004
    I just got done reading the rules to this game and it seems like it will be a lot of fun. They kept it simple to allow for easy game play but also included elements (especially in each characters' special abilities) that will create a need for strategy. I hope to play it this weekend.

I got two boosters today and got Emperor Palaptine (very rare) and Mara Jade, Emperor's hand (rare).

They look cool...like I need another SW addiction to spend all my money on

Tell me about it!!!!!!!!!!!!Plus there is a set of miniatures for the prequels coming in November. I assume that means they will add a lot of Jedi characters to the game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will need a raise just so I can go crazy buying these. I enjoy both collecting and playing games, so I have been waiting for something like this for a long time!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.