main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Reads Day - October 6th - Barnes & Noble Aurora

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by DieWompRatDie, Sep 17, 2012.

1. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008
    From the September meeting, we have learned that we are invited to participate in the Star Wars Reads Day event on Saturday October 6th at the Barnes & Noble Aurora event. Please come in costume.

Main contacts are Hugh Coffman, Sith__Chick, and Darth Hair.

Any more details would be appreciated.

2. JawaJaka

JawaJaka Jedi Knight star 2

May 24, 2011
    It's actually this one:
    http://store-locator.barnesandnoble.com/store/2084
    11:00am to 1:00p

I'll pm Hugh about any activities for the kids. I find it very interesting that the main Barnes and Noble website does not have this event listed anywhere but it is on the official DK Publishers website with a link to starwars.com. Again, for any other questions contact Hugh.

3. JawaJaka

JawaJaka Jedi Knight star 2

May 24, 2011
    Just heard from Hugh. Since Jeff and Kim are POC for Aurora store, he's asked us to send all questions their way for that store only. All other questions to him. Let's give Jeff some time to heal before we bombard them with questions. Thanks.

4. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    On www.starwars.com/reads, they list that event as starting at 2 PM. I assume that web site's wrong? Just checking.

5. FanForced

FanForced Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2007
    Sounds like a good cause. I'll try to make it.

6. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    hmmmm, I have conflicting info and not sure who was informed of this as an RMFF event. I will be the POC as a RL memeber, I'm getting further info from Hugh, but as it stand right now only LFL approved clubs are invited, but if you show up in costume I'm not going to say anything or as a spectator.

Store location : Barnes & Noble, 170 S Abilene ST, Aurora, CO 80012; Time is 11 - 1pm.

7. FanForced

FanForced Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2007
    Oh. My costume is just pieced together. I probably shouldn't go then. :-(

8. banzai

banzai Jedi Master

Apr 29, 1999
    As the RL MB CO, I hope this miscommunication doesn’t hurt the excellent relationship the RMFF has with the RL MB. As always, members of the RMFF are always welcome to any of our hosted events as long as the event coordinator give the OK.

See you all at the next RMFF meeting.

9. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    If anyone wants to stop bye it was moved to Park Meadows Barnes & Noble in Lone Tree. 11 to 1.

10. Sarnia

Sarnia WOTR Liaison star 5

Jun 1, 2004
    Have Fun!

11. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    We went to the one in Boulder and had a really fun time. We made Yoda on popsicle sticks, a pop-up clone trooper, got Lego SW stickers and some bookmarks (grabbed some extras for future RMFF non-raffle-raffles).
    And the biggest score...I got the SW Reads banner that they had hanging in the window!