main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Star Wars Rebels Annual 2015/Star Wars Annual 2015

Discussion in 'Literature' started by jedigandy7, Aug 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedigandy7

jedigandy7 Jedi Master

Sep 26, 2004
    According to Amazon, these two books were released this past Thursday. Has anyone seen them? Does anyone know exactly what they are? Do they contain original stories? The customer service rep at my B&N says they don't even show the book in their system. Any help?

2. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    They're classified as reference books, but I'd be willing to bet they're more like enhanced magazines--halfway between an issue of SW Insider and the Rebels Visual Guide. I'd definitely bet against original stories.

3. Plaristes

Plaristes Jedi Master star 3

Jul 2, 2007
    I pre-ordered them through Amazon, but they haven't shipped yet.

4. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    These are uusally UK books

5. EternalHero

EternalHero Jedi Master star 3

Feb 17, 2014

Yeah I was gonna say that this is interesting, the "Annual" is a UK thing not a U.S. thing but I've always been envious! I've collected a few old Doctor Who "Annuals", they're really neat, wish I'd had something like that as a kid!

6. KamSolusar

KamSolusar Jedi Grand Master star 2

Mar 8, 2001
    I've got a few of those annuals from the past couple of years. They mostly contain short information about characters and locations, summaries and retellings of known stories along with nice images and some crosswords and other word puzzles. I don't think there are any original stories in there.

7. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    That said, they occasionally include EU information - sometimes quite a bit in the case of old annuals.

In the case of this year's - it mentions that Chewie has claws - but it's considered dishonourable to use them - and that Sidious began training Maul while he was still Darth Plagueis's student.

And the DS1's size (120 km diameter) crew (over a million) and TIE Fighter complement (over 7000).

8. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    What Kam said. I've been getting the SW annuals now for awhile. Usually my local bookstores get them around now. Last year they had all the annuals on '2 for the price of 1' so I picked up both the SW one and the Doctor Who one. I'll probably skip the Rebels one but I'll definitely look at the SW one.

9. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Picked up the SW Annual at my local WH Smith's bookstore on Wed. (They had all their annuals on sale - buy one at regular price, get another for £1.)
    The SW Annual is a mix of information/images from all 6 films, along with games such as SW Sudoku, word games, maze games, 'how to draw Darth Vader' - that kinda thing. No stories. It would make a great Christmas gift for a youngling who is game-oriented and a SW fan.

Can't comment on the Rebels Annual as they didn't have it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.