main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I.E., CA Star Wars Role-Playing Game Character Creation

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by OddeBogodde, Apr 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anakin_Skywalker_X

Anakin_Skywalker_X Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 9, 2002
    "WE got Deff Star!"

That's a sweet ass pic!

2. Rogue_Granger

Rogue_Granger Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 10, 2003
    that picture is great! I love it!

3. Anakin_Skywalker_X

Sep 9, 2002
    "Deff Star!"
    K guys I just checked amazon.com and the revised core rule book that I have advised you all to get is way cheaper then in the stores, so if you can, on the 17 the night of the first game bring 29 bucks (that?s 30% off witch=11 dollars u save) I can order them all that night so they all get here in time for are next game witch will be two weeks later. "Tust me" "you are gonna to need it".

4. OddeBogodde

OddeBogodde Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 24, 2002
    I don't know if we can realisticly have everyone buy their own. We need at least one for every two people there.....of course if you want one, buy it. If you don't have the money....we'll figure something out. For now just bring the money if you want one. I will say that the game will be VERY slow going if we only have one book to share with 11 people. We need at least 5 more books. If we could get a quick head count of who wants one.

Even if you don't plan on playing the game that much, the book is still filled with all sorts of Star WArs history, from movie character bios and stats, to Various creatures, even a full chapter on the force (a must read for all you Jedi-wannabe's).

Two more things:
    Fisrt, I'd recommend that we purchase them BEFORE the game, that way we can actually HAVE them when we play.

Last, dude, the 17th is a Tuesday.....the original date was the 21st, the saturday after the 17th. Has this changed? I can't come up on a Tuesday dude.....

5. AquaDude

AquaDude Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 30, 2003
    Hey guys, a few things, I will be able to make it for the first meeting after all, and wasn't it a fryday night? or am I just a little lost?

6. OddeBogodde

Dec 24, 2002
    you're lost. The first session is on the 21st, which is a Saturday. We actually do need everyone to buy a Core Rule Book, its $40, steep I know, but well worth it. We can all order them online for $27 each if we buy in bulk. Free shipping too!!!

Also you will need to purchase your own set of dice. This will cost around $6 for a basic set. I recomend everyone get 2-20's, 1-12, 2-10's, 3-8's, 4-6's, 3-4's. The first number is the amount of dice, the second is the number of sides on the die. A Basic set will get you one of each and the 2-10's. Dice are usually like $1 individually. If you want to go crazy you guys could pool together and for $30 you can get a POUND 'O DICE, which will give you a random number of each, but you are guranteed to get at least 6 or 7 of everything. That would greatly reduce the cost.

I'll be purchasing new Game Maps. A 3'x4' Beige mat for the Figures, and a 3x4 Black Mat for Space combat. Those are run me about $60.

Brandon is getting all of the Sourcebooks he will need as well as supplying most of the action figures.

So it looks like if everyone can pitch in $40 you can get a Rulebook AND a set of Dice. Its an expensive hobby I know, but its extremely fun and addicting.

Here is a link for the dice, and you can check out the Book at amazon.

Dice

7. Anakin_Skywalker_X

Sep 9, 2002
    Ok guys, I know that some people are not going to like this much but I have just spent $180.00 dollars on RPG books, standees for our action figures (that I am supplying, via opening my (never intended to) action figures) and a gaming mat that we need to set up battles with. I have no problem spending all kinds of money to make this game incredible, but In light of all this I am now making it mandatory that you have to purchase a Star Wars Revised Core World Book and a set of dice, every thing else is taking car of for you by me and Carl. So like I have said before here, bring $29 dollars the first game and we will order the books for all of you online and (if you do not have dice yet) we can order those online as well, as you can see on Carl's link the dice only will cost you $6 bucks. So $35 to $40 dollars total, like I said some of you may not like this much but we do have A LOT of people playing plus a waiting list, and this is going to help me rule out who is serious about this and who is not; I already have people who are just on the waiting list who have already purchased a book and dice, so if you really are looking forward to playing in this game I need to ask you to make this commitment. Trust me, you will not regret it.

8. AnakinWisler

AnakinWisler Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 7, 2002
    (that I am supplying, via opening my (never intended to) action figures)

:eek: :_| How could you :( You must be a serious player. [face_plain]

9. Anakin_Skywalker_X

Sep 9, 2002
    Yeah, I know. :(

10. OddeBogodde

Dec 24, 2002
    wow, we just had a Killer of a game last night. Sooo much happened, a daring escape from a kidnapped soldier, a Jedi so close to the darkside pulled back from the clutches of hatred just before it was too late, The invasion of Ithor and the groups stand and retreat tactics aboard the Ithorian Herdship "Tafanda Bay".

So much excitement all in one compact 9 hour gaming session!!!!

11. OddeBogodde

Dec 24, 2002
    ok, shawn, its your turn. I found a pic of a Jedi Kel Dor, he is without his goggles and mask, which means that he is on his homeworld, since they don't need them there.

Kel Dor

12. Anakin_Skywalker_X

Sep 9, 2002
    Thats DOPE! His got an independence day look to him.

13. TDMRHDSpeeder

TDMRHDSpeeder Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 10, 2003
    is everyone supposed to go to the first meeting, including the people on the waiting list? and what character sheets are we supposed to be using?

14. OddeBogodde

Dec 24, 2002
    I can give you a link to a website where you can download the PDF file character sheets, or you can email me privately and I will send it to you.

It is my understanding that the first meeting will NOT include those on the waiting list.

15. falcon_flyboy

falcon_flyboy Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 3, 2003
    I cant make it till 9 or 10 on the 21st I hope that won?t be a problem.

By the way , since I haven?t posted in a while I thought I would tell you guys that I have changed my characters image; instead of the gun fighter/smuggler he will take on a more nautical appearance and become the gentleman pirate. And so I avoid han solo clonification (see dash rendar) and have a very interesting character to work

16. Anakin_Skywalker_X

Sep 9, 2002
    Nice, I was worred about that.

17. AquaDude

AquaDude Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 30, 2003
    I am Soooooo excited about this game!!!
    BTW, Brandon, do you have a Mon Calmarian by any chance? and if you don't does anyone else?

18. OddeBogodde

Dec 24, 2002
    hey Ani, what time is the game again? I won't have the next sunday off. I'll have to leave late night after the game and drive back to san diego so I can get to work by 6 am.

that's dedication

19. OddeBogodde

Dec 24, 2002
    hey Justin, in light of your character concept change, I've found a new pic for you

Human Scoundrel/Noble

And for you Megan

Jawa

20. OddeBogodde

Dec 24, 2002
    Ok, Mitch, I resent you your character concept as well as the character sheets.

Is there anyone NOT on the waiting list who didn't receive an email containing their character concept?

Let me know

21. OddeBogodde

Dec 24, 2002
    Their finally here. Today I received the Heir to the Empire and the Dark Force Rising sourcebook from NobleKnight Games. Now I have the unpleasant task of sorting through them and converting them to D20 rules, which is the current game system we will be using.

By the way Brandon, the Dark Force Rising book is Autographed by Timothy Zahn himself on 9/21/97. Both of these books are in Excellent condition for being almost 11 years old. That's right these books were first printed in '92.

All this at the bargain price of $55!!!

22. DIABLO-FETT

DIABLO-FETT Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 14, 2003
    Thanks Odde but for some reason acrobat reader will not open any document including the CD i got from brandon. I don't want to be unprepared for the first meeting, so please help, thanks.

23. OddeBogodde

Dec 24, 2002
    try downloading the latest version of Adobe Acrobat. You can go to Adobe.com and download it. Or, if you can't do that for some reason, email me and I can send it to you. You need to have version 5.05 in order to view it. I believe the latest version is 6.0

24. OddeBogodde

Dec 24, 2002
    Ok, I have some news about the Star Wars RPG. Wizards has just released the Hero's Guide Sourcebook. This is an OPTIONAL sourcebook for players to help spice up their characters with all sorts of new abilities and what not.

Check it out here

25. Anakin_Skywalker_X

Sep 9, 2002
    Sweet Dude! Thanks so much for hooking me up with thouse, this game is going to be sweet!

Well I just got my Amazon sponsored Gamemaster kit in the mail the other day. A bunch of stuff I order came all on the same day. Revised Core rules book, Power of the Jedi sourcebook, Darkside source book, Coruscant and the core worlds, Rebellion Era source book, book and the Arms and Equipment guide, me guide to aliens is on the way. Also my order of 25 standees for are action figures to stand on came and they work great. And I also revised my 3 Star Wars soundtrack Empire, Shadows, and Retune, to give us the ultimate gaming sound track.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.