main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Darth_Zandalor, Nov 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    He probably meant this:

2. Darth-Vassago

Darth-Vassago Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2004
    The CE of this game is 40 dollars on Amazon, down from 70. I feel like that still may be too much to justify a purchase...

3. Arawn_Fenn

Jul 2, 2004
    I found it to take longer than that, at Hard difficulty. However, I spent a lot of time destroying wall panels and such, to get the extra points.

I strongly disagree. It's just too short, that's the problem.

It does address the issue of why cloning of Force-sensitives isn't brought up in the films ( Kota's viewpoint had previously seemed destined to remain in the realm of fanon ), and if interpreted in a certain light it makes Vader look like he has an evil-genius master plan. It even makes it look like he's learned how to control Staarkiller by applying the same tactics that were used on him. There is also a slight emphasis on the changes that happen when the Empire takes control.

I agree somewhat, but in Yoda's case what they did with him was really all they could do in order to not further wreck continuity. I absolutely did not want to see what I had feared -- a Yoda/Staarkiller boss fight -- and a "fight the Empire on Dagobah" level would have been ridiculous in continuity terms.

As an aside regarding Boba, I was surprised to see Boba and Vader already working together, but only because I assumed the game to be taking place in 2 BBY and I had always thought Star Wars: Empire 4: Betrayal, Part 4 was meant to be the first time they worked together. But that's a minor quibble and I guess I never really expected other products to adhere especially closely to that comic. Do we know for a fact that the game is supposed to take place in 2 BBY, as Wookiepedia claims? I've seen a "7 months after TFU" figure bandied about.

4. Corpseslayer

Corpseslayer Jedi Master star 1

Nov 6, 2009
    Who even states the darkside clone is cannon? We can't assume he is cannon just because no one states that he is not.

5. Corpseslayer

Nov 6, 2009
    I loved this game! Biggest cliffhanger ever! They better make a TFUIII now lol.

6. QuiWanKenJin

QuiWanKenJin Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2005

Hi, can one of you do me a favor? I didn't realize that the Maulkiller skin was only available in pre-order. So, if any of you pre-ordered Force Unleashed II (Xbox 360) and you don't care about the skin and lightsaber crystal, can you private message me the code? [face_praying]

7. Arawn_Fenn

Jul 2, 2004
    I raised the very same question in Literature. Over there they seem convinced that he is canon. Part of his story appears in the unlockable "cinematics" which come along with bronze ( or better ) medals in the Challenges, but I'm not 100% sure what that signifies.

8. Arawn_Fenn

Jul 2, 2004
    I really don't understand this.

9. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    In other words...the game is insultingly short. If you must play it, rent it rather than wasting $60.

10. Corpseslayer

Nov 6, 2009
    You know part of the fun of video games is that you can take your time. Why are you in such a hurry to finish the game? Take your time and enjoy, don't just do the same old "Inhale, move on to the next one."

11. SoloCommand

SoloCommand Manager Emeritus & GTA Coruscant Developer star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 15, 2001
    Generally, people will rush through a game because they worry that it's going to be terrible, and want to get maximum gratification out of it in the fastest time possible. Or in this case, to just get it over with, because they've paid good money for it and want to trade it in as fast as possible.

12. Ichor_Razor

Ichor_Razor Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 6, 2004
    I actually enjoyed the demo when I downloaded it off the Playstation Store last month. In time, I wish to purchase the game, as well.

13. LONEWOLF09

LONEWOLF09 Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 3, 2009
    The game is not worth buying unless you can get it cheap so I was pretty happy that I rented it. It is a total of four levels since the level on Dagobah is basically 30 seconds if you don't look for stuff and even if you do look for stuff, it is still extremely short. It is basically a glorified cut scene. The levels also seem to drag with them being really repetitive and long and the bosses taking too long to fight. The Vader fight seems to take forever until you get to the second part outside so it was irritating. It seemed like to me that in order to compensate for not having that many levels that they decided to increase the length of the ones that they made which made them too long in my opinion.

14. DarthVengeant

DarthVengeant Jedi Master star 3

Oct 14, 2004
    This is the most disappointing game I have purchased since Diakatana on the N64. Certainly NOT worth 60-80 dollars. This is a max 30 dollar game. One of the worst games of 2010. Nothing was really fixed from TFU1 as they said they did. I still fell off ledges because of the character not landing correctly and had targeting issues. The "Challenges" are outright ridiculous and pointless. The story is one of the worst Star Wars stories ever conceived. Cloning Starkiller (or not) was the most Milk Milk Milk it to death idea ever. And last, but most important: The length of the game goes to show you that these developers spit in the face of every consumer and star wars fan. It is essentially half a game, but the price of a full game. At least the DLC was only 1 dollar, and that was because they know the game sucked and everyone is pissed off. The past few games released by Lucasarts have been utter garbage, they have completely fallen from grace as far as I am concerned.

My last hope is with The Old Republic, but since Bioware is doing that I don't have to worry about Lucasarts screwing that up too. Lucasarts ignores making Battlefront 3 and Jedi Knight 4, which pretty much everyone on the PLANET wants, and instead releases garbage like The Clone Wars: Republic Hero's (which has some of the WORST controls in a game EVER) and the lackluster rushed TFU2.

Lucasarts has long forgotten the moto of Quality over Quantity. It could server them well to get a refresher course on it.

PS: The Lego Star Wars III The Clone Wars demo I just played, which is only two of the levels, was more fun than the entire game of TFU2.

15. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    I wonder what there going to do. Has anything been entioned on a TFUIII? As bad as the game was and the crappy story, they van't just leave this like this. Vader has to be free by the start of Epsidoe 4. Also, if they go with the dark side ending, Starkiller clone can;t still be alive since he would have killed everyone. That guy is a pocket death star. I really wonder though if they are going to do a part three since Haden left LA. Don't know if Julio Torres is any good at finishing this sutff.

16. Grand Admiral Strife

Grand Admiral Strife RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 21, 2001
    Last I heard was TFUIII was canceled just before TFUII was released.

17. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    I think some clarification is needed here. Last year there was a rumour circulating that Lucasarts had laid off a large number of staff and that TFUIII was cancelled in the process. About a week after the rumour surfaced it was confirmed that staff had been laid off, but there has never been an official word on TFUIII's cancellation. It's safe to assume it's still in development.

18. Darth-Vassago

Darth-Vassago Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2004
    It's safe to assume they'll tie up the loose ends with a web-comic or something. After the commercial failure that was TFUII and the fact that LucasArts doesn't really seem keen on making games at this point(see: The Old Republic), I think it's safe to assume it's on hiatus.

19. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I wouldn't exactly call TFUII a commercial failure. It got only slightly worse reviews than the first but was praised for its aesthetics. Plus many fans here at least seem to like the story for making Vader a badass again. Don't forget, this one wasn't announced until a year after the first one, so I can easily see the developers doing the same thing if they're making a third one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.