main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit A/V Star Wars: Uprising project

Discussion in 'Literature' started by bsmith7174, Feb 18, 2016.

1. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Anything corporeal to place into my bookcase to mark this would be great. Two mentions in separate Aftermath novels does not make a story.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. bsmith7174

bsmith7174 Jedi Master star 3

Apr 17, 2015
    This news of the game shutting down has put me into overdrive to finish this project (https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7sQbvXiFAa8bWJrZXNMU3JJZWM)

I STILL NEED SOME HELP SO SPREAD THE WORD
    I still want to get all of the crew flavor text and species/gender recorded! If you or anyone else has screenshots of any of the crew I'm missing, please post them here!! We don't have that much time before it's lost for good.

With that being said, I'm going to get back to work on the project right now!

3. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    I do have a repository of Crew Members flavor texts, but alas, it's quite poor--because I'm a mediocre player. I have called for help many times, but...
    At any rate, I'll share the Dropbox link with you, bsmith7174.

4. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    so how do you become a jedi in this game. the game icon when you download it is with a lightsaber in the characters hand. But I hear its really hard to get to that point. not fair

5. Tzizvvt78

Tzizvvt78 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 12, 2009
    Maybe they should make a real game instead of more mobile cashgrabs and Battlefield paid DLCs?

BigAl6ft6, Darthmaul208, Rax and 3 others like this.
  6. LelalMekha

Oct 29, 2012
    "Uprising" re-imagined as an MMORPG would have been brilliant.

BobaMatt and JoinTheSchwarz like this.
  7. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    This sucks. I unfortunately uninstalled it a few months ago since with each update it just got worse on my iPad 2, couldn't even load the game without it crashing, or open an in-game menu... Was planning on really getting back into it when I got a new iPad later this year, but now that won't happen. :/ Would also explain the lack of updates. There are still tons of other SW apps I can play still though, but sad to see the story will end without being finished. Hopefully they continue this in a novel.

8. Taalcon

Taalcon Chosen One star 4

Jul 12, 1998
    It could be a really cool monthly YouTube feature that I bet the SW.COM people could totally pull off. An in-universe underground news update on events ongoing in the uprising. They could even make it interactive based on actions/polls/hashtags, etc asked OOC of the viewers at the end. Viewers could be asked to create propaganda, etc, that could be displayed. It could be a really awesome IU project done on the cheap.

LelalMekha likes this.
  9. Hamawald

Hamawald Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 14, 2014
    I have four crew members that have no information on them in the document, so I'll share a Google Drive folder with screenshots of them here (I've never done this before so I hope it works). I hope you can complete it in time!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4Nnagdfq6IVaXQxXzVjRWpiZWs

10. LelalMekha

Oct 29, 2012
    It does work. I have a bigger repository of Crew Members here: https://www.dropbox.com/home/Star Wars Uprising Crew Bios
    If you have things that aren't there, by all means, feel free to add them!

11. bsmith7174

Apr 17, 2015
    Quick update (I'll upload an updated pdf early next week):

Chapter 1: Complete
    Chapter 2: In Progress
    Light Side Missions: Complete
    Dark Side Missions: Complete
    Force Missions: Complete
    Raids: In Progress
    Crew Members: In Progress

The "dramatis personae" section gets updated as I go along and will be finished when Chapter 2 is finished. I'll probably also end up throwing in some sort of planets/locations section as well.

There are also some random named NPCs that I should probably get information about and recorded.

Anything else that may be of interest for preserving that I haven't thought of before the game shuts down?

JoinTheSchwarz likes this.
  12. LelalMekha

Oct 29, 2012
    Maybe there are the raids and the Lando missions? But you don't actually need to worry, since LostWolf has done most of those and uploaded his playthroughs on YT.

13. bsmith7174

Apr 17, 2015
    I have plans to include the raids. There isn't much in terms of story telling there besides the blurbs at the beginning of each mission.
    Is there story telling with the Lando missions? If so, I'll make sure to include a section for those as well.

14. Dr. Steve Brule

Dr. Steve Brule Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2012
    Although there is unlikely to be this level of devotion to Uprising, there is a major fan-led effort to bring back Galaxies. Kotaku did an interesting write-up of the experience a few weeks ago:

http://kotaku.com/star-wars-galaxies-is-dead-but-these-people-are-keepin-1786587786

(Although I was never a big Galaxies player, I have to say I was touched by a lot of the poignant coverage of the game's ending. This story in particular always got me: http://www.pcgamer.com/the-end-of-star-wars-galaxies/ )

The sad fate of probably two-thirds of the Bantam era.

Hmm... what's Voronica Whitney-Robinson up to these days? Maybe she could write a wrap-up novelization of Uprising.

15. RavagerFish

RavagerFish Jedi Master star 1

Nov 26, 2011
    Just wanted to pop in to say thank you for your hard work, bsmith7174. News of the game's closure was alarming, as there's a lot of potential storytelling that a lot of us haven't seen in the game yet, and I guarantee those of us who haven't played the game yet are very grateful. :)

EDIT: Yeah, Galaxies now has an emulator that replicates the game just a few updates before it closed. I was never a huge fan of Galaxies either, even though I played it from NGE to its closing, but walking across Kashyyyk, Mustafar, and Tatooine again was pretty great.

16. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I played SWG when it launched, and have many fond memories of the early days. I had stopped playing it long before NGE though.

I'll never forget the time I got to kiss the Galactic Emperor.

RavagerFish likes this.
  17. RavagerFish

RavagerFish Jedi Master star 1

Nov 26, 2011

I have a fond memory of seeing Darth Vader land in Theed, and a crowd of us took turns punching him and getting choked to death.

BigAl6ft6, WMIRTUTSF and Kylun like this.
  18. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Yes, I liked how the devs would take characters for a spin and actually do something with them to interact with the players.

Kylun likes this.
  19. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
    Anyone provide me with a link to Galaxies?

More SW is always a good thing!

Uprising is still available in the UK and I'm going to try and play it before it closes.

20. Dr. Steve Brule

Dr. Steve Brule Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2012
    https://www.projectswg.com/

Darthmaul208 likes this.
  21. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I'm not caught up on the story of Uprising but has the Grand Moff been dealt with yet ? or will that story go unresolved? :confused:

22. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    I wonder how long, after its death, it will be before Uprising is decided by Disney to be non-canon? I mean wouldn't it be pointless to keep it in if it's an unfinished story that noboby can read and enjoy anymore (except though fan made game dialog documenting)? I think at least a novel or comic would have to be made of the story to make it worth keeping in canon.

I really hope they don't just dump it onto Legends, if it is decided to be non-canon.

23. LelalMekha

Oct 29, 2012
    Governor Adelhard himself is still alive and well, but his war dog Commander Bragh isn't.

24. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    Typical it only appeared on my Amazon app store last month and now it's closing down. This seems to be a recurring problem with Star Wars mobile games. Tiny Death Star, Assault Team and Galactic Defense also had short lifespans. IMO TDS and Assault Team weren't that good anyway but I enjoyed Uprising and Galactic Defense.

25. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Dude Tiny Death Star was amazing

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

Jedi Princess likes this.