main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars vs. Star Trek video Game

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by slimybug, Aug 25, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slimybug

slimybug Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 14, 2001
    Haaaaa! Haaaaa Ahhahhahahaha!

Oh Geez. That's funny. Val. this is just a big misunderstanding. In Star Trek 5, The Final Frontier, The Klingons threaton to destroy the Planet. Just because the Federation doesn't want to destroy Planets, doesnt mean the Klingons don't, or the Romulans, Or The Ferengi. Geez, if that were true, The Ferengi would have destroyed the main galaxy. Look,Phasers DOn't just shoot bolts like blasters. They have long beams, They can hold them. They Shoot one shot and hold them for a while. They probably hold them for a while. Geez, thats hilarious! So, Why does eveytime someone has a brother on the boards, everybody automatically suspects that he's his sock?

2. Kier_Nimmion

Kier_Nimmion Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 9, 2000

Look,Phasers DOn't just shoot bolts like blasters. They have long beams, They can hold them. They Shoot one shot and hold them for a while. They probably hold them for a while. Geez, thats hilarious! So, Why does eveytime someone has a brother on the boards, everybody automatically suspects that he's his sock?

Actually, this is wrong. The Defiant-class monitor is equipped with pulse-fire phaser cannons.

As for other ships, the delay between firing is due to colemator building up- phaser energy is conducted along the emission strip, as it does so it builds up power, the upshot of which is a vastly more energized discharge that a standard phaser battery, so what they usually lack in rate of fire is made up by more power to each individual shot. And, they can vary the rate of fire- lower power shots, but more of them.

3. slimybug

Aug 14, 2001
    So Phasers ARE alot more powerful than Blasters, but not 5x death star. As for the torpedoes thing... We may never know.

4. Kier_Nimmion

Aug 9, 2000

So Phasers ARE alot more powerful than Blasters, but not 5x death star. As for the torpedoes thing... We may never know.

Actually, I don't think Valiento was far off. A concentrated and sustained burst from a starship's phasers would tunnel through a planet's surface and down to the core, eventually causing the planet to vent its magma- which is always under tremendous pressure, and so it would take the easiest route to the surface. As this is going on, the phasers might also begin to ignite the atmosphere a la "Vector Prime", though Sernpidal's atmosphere ignited under pressure which caused heat rather than direct comubustion from heat- the resultant firestorm would be devastating.

5. Kier_Nimmion

Aug 9, 2000

A better and more balanced concept would be Babylon 5 & Star Wars- the technology is very similar, but Star Wars comes out with the edge as most ships have shields. On the other hand, Babylon 5 has the Vorlons and Shadows- both of which were only defeated when everyone threw everything they had at them and still didn't win until Sherridan did his thing.

It would actually be a better game:

Army of Light: New Republic Navy, The Vorlons and First Ones, White Stars, Earth Force and Interstellar Alliance.

Army of Darkness: Shadows, Drakh, controlled Earth Force ships, and the Galactic Empire.

6. Causchy

Causchy Jedi Youngling

Nov 18, 2001
    I once read a fanfic, though it seemed entirley too far biased toward Star Wars, where the Empire came in and coquered the Milky Way, but several people (I think Riker, Geordi, and some others) escaped in a Star Wars vessel and went through time and space, crashlanding on a uninhabited Coruscant in the distant past, thus starting the human race in the GFFA. It was really cool!

7. Katarn15

Katarn15 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 16, 2001
    Could you like put up a link or PM with the adress to that fanfic ? It sounds real sweet. Thanx

8. Darth_Slimy

Darth_Slimy Jedi Youngling

Nov 19, 2001
  9. Jedi-Corleone

Jedi-Corleone Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 28, 2001
    Slimy, use one sock or the other. It's just painful, now.

10. Causchy

Causchy Jedi Youngling

Nov 18, 2001
    Here's the URL. http://www.stardestroyer.net/Empire/index.html

11. Coolguy4522

Coolguy4522 Jedi Youngling star 4

Dec 21, 2000
    I have played out this battle a billion times with my Micro Machine spaceships. The rebellion always finds friends with the Federation, and then the sometimes what's left over from the Kilgons come and help fight the Empire, but they are pretty wimpy because they have been fighting with the Federation, pluss I steped on some of the Kingon Ships, so they are badly dammaged. Then the one Dinosaur people in that one EU book come and kill everyone because they can.

Anyways, I got Star Trek Armada, and some people were going to make a SW mod for it, but they only got a few ships for it, but it was fun. I heard mabey they were going to continue working on the mod for Star Trek Armada II, although I was looking at it in the store today, and it seems like it is just a mod with a new storyline.

12. pat-fett

pat-fett Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 17, 2001
    lol ah I remember the days of the epic micro machine battles

13. slimybug

Aug 14, 2001
    Blasters aren't normal lasers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.