main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Wallpapers?!! Where?!

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by MistaFreezeX, Sep 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MistaFreezeX

MistaFreezeX Jedi Youngling

Sep 27, 2003
    Hey...I'm as die hard as they get when it comes to Star Wars, but for some reason I really can't find that many decent wallpapers for the original trilogy or the new one.

I have a few favorites....i love the star wars drawn anime style and have one with obi wan and darth, another with luke...both anime style, both very cool, but i've heard there are even more...one with leia and jabba...etc....

i guess i'm asking if people know where to find these? what are good wallpaper sites for SW (besides starshipwallpapers...those really don't appeal to me). I'd love to find more of the anime ones...if you have any please respond...i'd be willing to share what i have over IM or email.

2. Tiershon_Fett

Tiershon_Fett Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    If you have AOL you can go to downloads and get great screensavers and wallpapers. Some have never been used.

3. OBIX1

OBIX1 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 7, 2002
  4. cheeseboy

cheeseboy Jedi Youngling

May 26, 2002
    I've had the same problem. I would never have thought that there would be so few decent SW wallpapers out there, but alas, there aren't.

The only other decent site I can think of is desktopsharships.com which has a bunch of SW CG artwork; mostly spaceships. Click on gallery then chose star wars to view the WPs. Although you might have to scroll through alot of not-so-good ones, alot of them are really great, and the site is definately worth a long look, as there are tons to choose from.

5. MistaFreezeX

Sep 27, 2003
    that's exactly the site i've been to...those are decent...ok.

does anyone know about the anime wallpapers i'm talking about? i have 2 or 3, they're VERY cool...

and that other site is decent...but geez, u'd think there'd be better wallpapers out there...there are unbelievable ones for anime and other movies, why not this one?!

6. MistaFreezeX

Sep 27, 2003
    grrr....nobody's helping. ;(

for the anime wallpapers, go to www.macdesktops.com, category anime, scroll down. they have four awesome ones. anyone know where to get more of these (or any other good star wars desktops period?)

7. DarthMak

DarthMak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 4, 2001
  8. MistaFreezeX

Sep 27, 2003
    i've pretty muched gon through all of the ones on darkhorse...and the ones on TFN...many are just 800x resolution, which looks like garbage on most monitors today.

9. GrandMoffTarkin

GrandMoffTarkin Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 22, 2001
    You could search for Star Wars on Theme World. I've found some good ones there.

And be more thankful damn it. You've asked people to help you and they have responded. Don't simply dismiss their help.

10. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I've actually made some Fett wallpapers by doing a Google image search on 'Boba Fett and 'Jango Fett' and downloading those pix I find that I like. If they are good enough I then resize them using Photoshop. If you are looking for a certain character or ship try Google image searching on it, or just on something like "star wars wallpaper".

11. kingthlayer

kingthlayer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 7, 2003
    Google search for "There is Another". That guy makes excellent ESB wallpapers.

12. kingthlayer

Jun 7, 2003
    [image=http://www.thereisanother.com/desktops/octdesktop.bmp]

There's an awesome example. It's this months. I can post more if you want.

13. kingthlayer

Jun 7, 2003
    Upping this.

Here's the one I use, it's incredible. Props to the guy who makes these.

[image=http://www.thereisanother.com/desktops/mardesktop.bmp]

14. Jedi of the West

Jedi of the West Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 7, 1999
    You can also find some wallpaper at the official Star Wars web site.

www.starwars.com

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.