main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Starfall (Obi-Wan/Siri, Anakin, Padme, ROTS-era AU) AUTHOR's NOTE: 1/2/07

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Vivid_Scripts, Nov 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _ThatJediScum_

_ThatJediScum_ Jedi Master star 3

Jul 28, 2005
    Oh Gosh! I was holding my breath for the first part and didn't even know it! But Woah! Vader has Luke, only he doesn't because Vader's on Naboo with amnesia!
    :eek: [face_hypnotized] So where's Luke??? Hopefully with Wraith, because Wraith would be a whole hell of a lot better than Sidious' little Sith factory. ::shudders::

And Siri's pregnant. I must say to me that's a bit of a bitter pill to swallow. I suppose I should be happy for them but once again I feel like it's unfair that what Anakin usually suffers greatly for comes so easily and gently to Obi-wan. It's irrational I know. Anakin brings a lot of his own suffering on himself yet I can't get over the slight twinge of resentment I feel.

You just keep throwing those monkey wrenches at us while we keep trying not get hit. :D Loved the flashback!

bran

2. ObiKajanee

ObiKajanee Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 25, 2003
    Wonderful story. Hopefully Baby Kenobi will be a joy to Siri and Obi-Wan and not end up stolen by the Sith. Unfortunately, I fear you aren't through making their lives miserable.

And this deserves to be back on page one.

3. Jaira

Jaira Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    Yay! Now Obi has more motivation!

4. jedi_princess18

jedi_princess18 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 7, 2005
    Siri is pregnant? :eek:

Leia seems to have settled in well with Bail and Breha, but as someone else asked before- where is Luke? If Kai (Anakin) is on Naboo, someone else has him. Is he perhaps with Alunas? [face_thinking] Why else would Wraith be looking for her?

5. Iaranon

Iaranon Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 30, 2005
    Wow, that was a powerful update Vivid_Scripts. I really liked it, and now we know why Obi-Wan is the way he is. Now of course though I want to know where Luke is since Vader is on Naboo (unless Luke is there too and we just haven't seen him yet). I'm also curious about Bail and the Senate, but I'm guessing that like Anakin he was dissatisfied with how things were going, he just chose a less drastic and less destructive way of showing it. Great writing, and I hope to see more soon.

6. Vivid_Scripts

Vivid_Scripts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2004
    back!

_ThatJediScum_- Oh Gosh! I was holding my breath for the first part and didn't even know it! But Woah! Vader has Luke, only he doesn't because Vader's on Naboo with amnesia!

OH NOES!

So where's Luke??? Hopefully with Wraith, because Wraith would be a whole hell of a lot better than Sidious' little Sith factory. ::shudders::

Maybe he's with Wraith. Maybe he isn't. Maybe Wraith doesn't even know about Luke and Leia... maybe... maybe Luke is with Alunas! Who knows?

And Siri's pregnant. I must say to me that's a bit of a bitter pill to swallow. I suppose I should be happy for them but once again I feel like it's unfair that what Anakin usually suffers greatly for comes so easily and gently to Obi-wan.

Obi-Wan's got a lot on his plate too. Between recovery/rehab, pregnant Siri (scary!) and having to train two kids (don't forget Leia on Alderaan!) how to use the Force, he's going to have his hands full.

It's irrational I know. Anakin brings a lot of his own suffering on himself yet I can't get over the slight twinge of resentment I feel.

Anakin is the classic Tragic hero. He's a good man that we all grow to love, but for all of his strengths, he has one flaw that has the potential to destroy him. That's what happens at the end of the tragedy (or at least, is supposed to happen :p)

You just keep throwing those monkey wrenches at us while we keep trying not get hit.

Heh, I'm not too god with wrenches...

Loved the flashback!

Thanks! :)

ObiKajanee- Wonderful story.

:) thank you! I'm glad you're enjoying it.

Hopefully Baby Kenobi will be a joy to Siri and Obi-Wan and not end up stolen by the Sith.

:eek:

Unfortunately, I fear you aren't through making their lives miserable.

Me? Make lives miserable? Never!

Jaira- Yay! Now Obi has more motivation!

Yes. Hopefully...

jedi_princess18- Siri is pregnant?

Shocking! I know.

Leia seems to have settled in well with Bail and Breha, but as someone else asked before- where is Luke? If Kai (Anakin) is on Naboo, someone else has him. Is he perhaps with Alunas?

That's certainly possible...

Why else would Wraith be looking for her?

Maybe he's after little Luke, but its also possible that he doesn't even know about Luke.

Iaranon- Wow, that was a powerful update Vivid_Scripts. I really liked it, and now we know why Obi-Wan is the way he is.

Well, not exactly. We haven't seen all of the details yet, now have we?

Now of course though I want to know where Luke is since Vader is on Naboo (unless Luke is there too and we just haven't seen him yet).

Possible. Very possible.

I'm also curious about Bail and the Senate, but I'm guessing that like Anakin he was dissatisfied with how things were going, he just chose a less drastic and less destructive way of showing it.

We won't exactly know until Bail tells us, but I appreciate that you've taken interest in that subplot. The secret will come to term in time, and you'll have a better understanding of what happened to Bail, Padme and the Senate.

Great writing, and I hope to see more soon.

The PM List
    MistiWhiteSun
    Iaranon
    jedi_princess18
    Jaira
    obsessedwithSW
    _ThatJediScum_
    JediMasterRev
    HandmaidenVeme
    Josh-Halcyon
    Mirik
    Veloz
    BabeeKim
    LoveAnakin1
    Raven_Alanna
    Gina

7. Vivid_Scripts

Jan 21, 2004
    Atrocity (Part I)

The tears were still fresh in Anakin?s eyes. His heart pumped rage into his boiling blood, and with his anger, he wielded in his hands a weapon of retribution. That azure saber cut down battle droids, one after the other, unleashing the Jedi Padawan?s fury upon the hateful machines.

Anakin inclined his head, and locked his gaze upon the Confederate command center, looming off in the distance.

They would pay. The Confederate generals. Assajj Ventress. Count Dooku. All of those responsible for this atrocity. All of them would pay in time. Anakin would be sure of it.

The weary Jedi found a moment?s peace as he ducked and took cover behind a large rock. For a few seconds, the haze of anger cleared, and feelings of guilt and sadness came to the forefront in Anakin?s heart. A bereaved sigh escaped him as he gazed down at his shaking hands, which were still caked in blood.

Barriss was still in that small gully. He had been forced the leave her there. The tide of battle allowed him only a few moments to kiss her cheek and whisper a few words of prayer and endearment. Those were no proper funeral rites, by any means, but it was all that time would afford. It felt so unfair, she deserved so much more.

Yet Anakin knew that she would never be cremated according to the proper Jedi tradition. Likewise, Master Fisto would not be cremated, nor would any of the Jedi that had fallen on Antiga. The casualties of this accursed campaign were doomed to rot on the killing fields. The Republic had lost this world, and the Separatists would never afford the Jedi the decency to collect and mourn their dead.

Anakin calmed his quivering hands and tensed his grip around his lightsaber. If Antiga was lost, then he was as well. He would die on this battlefield, and he could only hope that before death struck him down, he would find some kind of redemption for the evil he?d done.

Just as the Jedi stood to face his destiny, the unthinkable occurred.

The constant barrage of Separatist artillery stopped. A salvo of proton torpedoes rained down from the sky, leaving orange streaks in their wake. The subsequent bright blue explosions wrought havoc upon the Separatist artillery batteries. A second salvo of air support obliterated the last portions of the Separatist?s forward artillery batteries, and the droids were forced into full retreat.

Half a dozen Republic attack gunships whizzed by overhead and unleashed a salvo of their deadly missiles upon the ranks of retreating droids. Explosions rocked the battlefield with a brilliant display of orange flame. Anakin had never seen a sight so sweet- and so harrowing- in his life.

?This is Lieutenant General Dawnstrider of Republic task force Zulu Eight-Seven. Are there any Jedi Commanders on the ground??

The transmission ended as Anakin watched the gunships land and begin to unload troops. The few troops left under Anakin?s command joined the reinforcements in chasing the droid army across no man?s land.

?Repeat. This is Lieutenant General Dawnstrider of Republic task force Zulu Eight-Seven-?

Anakin triggered his com. ?This is Commander Skywalker, I copy.?

?Anakin? Anakin, we?re locked onto your signal. We?re coming to get you.?

A few moments later, a trio of gunships landed on the nearby field. The side doors of one of the gunships opened, revealing Vincent Dawnstrider and a squad of ARC troopers seated within. Anakin ran over to meet them.

?Anakin, is there anyone else here?? Vincent asked immediately.

?No,? the younger Jedi responded flatly.

Vincent?s expression crumpled. ?You?re the only one left? There were so many others here?? Anakin nodded along thoughtlessly as Vincent gave a full tactical report of the Separatist strength on the planet.

His eyes once again locked upon the Confederate command center looming in the distance. ?I?m going to take the command center.?

Vincent scowled. ?Anakin, We have to secure the landing zone for more troops. We can always deal with the generals later- let them be bottled

8. jedi_princess18

jedi_princess18 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 7, 2005
    Wow. What a vivid description of Anakin's dark side actions [face_skull] .... I have to say I actually felt sorry for Ventress.

And Kai remembers! [face_dancing] What an awful thing to remember, though. :( I wonder how much he can recall...

9. HandmaidenVeme

HandmaidenVeme Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    With his memories resurfacing will he remember his time with Bariss and if so will he tell Padme?

10. Iaranon

Iaranon Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 30, 2005
    Wow that was impressive! Obviously making Anakin angry is not a good idea. But now he's remembering stuff, I wonder if he'll go back to being a Sith Lord, or will he actually feel sorry for what he did? I guess only time will tell. On the other hand Vincent obviously wasn't a very good Jedi. I mean he's a Knight, he should have been responsible and told the Council about Anakin. Then maybe they could have helped him, and disaster would not have struck. Great stuff Vivid_Scripts, hope to see more soon.

11. obsessedwithSW

obsessedwithSW Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2005
    Vivid just a quick note.
    DRL has been killing me so I will have to give you a review down the road. Please keep on pm ing me this is a great story!

12. _ThatJediScum_

_ThatJediScum_ Jedi Master star 3

Jul 28, 2005
    :eek: That is some scary ish dude!!!

OhMyGoodness! I'm shocked yet strangely fascinated. I'm sorry about not commenting sooner but Woah! What a chapter!

And Ha! I got my wish! Anakin remembered Barriss before he EVER remembered Padmé. Na. But Poor Kai to have to remember THAT. :::shudders:::

This is such great well written chapter. Anakin's brutality while scary and oh so wrong is slightly appealing, which makes it that much more scary. It's kinda sad thought too because his violence defeats the purpose and the New Republic's objective. Those Generals he killed and butchered could have been a valuable resource to the NR's intelligence which could have helped ease the missions and battles later on in the war.

I think that may be a bit of commentary on the Dark Side in general, it's a short sighted short term solution to your problems that in the end only moves you father away from achieving you real goal. It's an illusion of power rather than actual real power. I don't know if you intended it that way but there is an irony there in Anakin wanting to avenge himself and his comrades he in effect possibly makes things harder on himself and on the total objective of the Jedi in fighting this war.

So where's Luke??? Hopefully with Wraith, because Wraith would be a whole hell of a lot better than Sidious' little Sith factory. ::shudders::

Maybe he's with Wraith. Maybe he isn't. Maybe Wraith doesn't even know about Luke and Leia... maybe... maybe Luke is with Alunas! Who knows?

Evilness. [face_shame_on_you]

Great chapter!!!

bran

13. Jaira

Jaira Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    I think Kai needs a hug. [:D]

14. Gina

Gina Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    All caught up, and OH MY GOSH! Siri is pregnant?!?!? :eek: And where is Luke?!?!? [face_worried]

What a horrible thing for Anakin to remember. Question is, what will he do with that knowledge? I was holding my breath throughout that entire scene. It was heartbreaking to see how far he delved into his anger and hatred. And Vincent just...watched... *shudders* Chilling, V_S!! =D=

The demon that Vincent had seen on display today began to shrink so that it could once again hide itself away in the heart of Anakin Skywalker.

Perfect line!!

Please keep me on the PM list for this story. I'm embarrassed that I didn't know there had been updates. [face_blush]

Looking forward to more! :)

15. G__Anakin

G__Anakin Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2006
    :) Cool!

More please

Please PM me![face_praying]

16. Cael-Fenton

Cael-Fenton Jedi Master star 3

Jun 22, 2006
    Wow! I am a new reader, and I must say I find this AU really unique. Your descriptions are very vivid [pardon me, no pun intended, but I couldn't resist] and drew me into the story. I especially liked the bit where Padme decides to kill Anakin. Interestingly enough?I'm not sure if this is widely known?that idea was on the cards for RotS's script, and I saw a lot of concept art on it: Padme holding a dagger, confronting Vader on Mustafar. The Mythical Mother facing down the Dark Father; Angel betraying her Demon; Queen slaying her Knight.

Very mythical quality about the way Vader was 'reborn' as Kai after his 'death'. I love your Obi-Wan, and it was heart-wrenching watching him learning to button his shirt and write again. A suggestion: could we have a scene where he's struggling to feed himself? ;) Good that he's got Siri by his side.

The A/P and Siriwan bits are my favourites, personally, and I hope to see more of those up soon.

17. MistiWhitesun

MistiWhitesun Jedi Master star 3

Aug 16, 2004

Shelved? :eek: Why shelved?! I come back after months, looking forward to the lovely dark read, to find it shelved??!! :_|

Please come back to this story. [:D] Please?

At least PM me when you do return.

?Are you trying to follow my 1+-year break precedent?

-Mist

18. Vivid_Scripts

Jan 21, 2004
    I am here.

I'm not planning to release any new installments on this thread. There are several reasons why I stopped working on this story, and I'm going to try and explain

1- Lack of Time/RL issues. This is sort of self-explanatory, so I'll leave it at that.

2- The story grew too big. When I first started releasing this, I had about half of the then-planned story written. As I went along continuing the story and releasing installments, I added more and more ideas and more plots until the story arc grew so big that I felt like i couldn't finish it. On top of that, I didn't like how it grew. An example of the story growing too big is the story's title. When I originally wrote the first first half of the then-planned story and started releasing it, The Starfall was supposed to be this Nubian holiday/festival dedicated to "The Keeper" (a character from a previous fic of mine) where Kai would put everything together and reassume his old identity of Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader (no, i won't reveal which person he becomes) yet as time went on and I tacked on more and more stuff, the Starfall became less and less a part of the story until i completely wrote it out. This was poor planning on my part.

3- Too many arcs. Where I left off, there were so many plot arcs- the Anakin/Vincent plot arc, Obi-Wan/Siri plot arc, Anakin/Padme plot arc, Padme and the Senate plot arc, Wraith/Alunas plot arc, and at least a dozen different sub-plots. Furthermore, each arc kind of counts as two because theres the present and the flashback. Following each story arc on its own isn't too hard, but putting it all together is a mess. I didn't realize this at first, because I'm the author and therefore I'm going to understand the story no matter how I present it because I wrote it. However, when I looked at the story as reader, I saw how easy it was to get lost and how hard it was to structure all the events from the different plot arcs into one timeline or chronology. I really, really did not like that.

4- There are a lot of parts that i released which i'm not happy with and want to redo. Primarily, the introduction of Farrah and Alunas and a few other aspects associated with their respective characters.

Now, I got back into writing mode several weeks ago and I've been working on completing, revamping and re-releasing this story. And what am I doing to make the new story better? Well, I've set a definite ending and a definite beginning so that the story won't grow on me. Any new ideas I get are going to be shelved, not added as another plot arc.

I'm simplifying the way I tell the story so that its easier to follow. The main problem I saw with starfall was that the non-italic portion of the story (the present) were presented in a linear form, but all the italic flashbacks weren't. To fix this, I'm writing the re-release to be more linear so that the reader has an easier time understanding the order of the past events.

The new story is titled Kingdom Come (Day of the fall of the Republic), and it's structured this way: the Prequel-Kingdom Come-the Sequel. Installments for the Prequel and the Sequel will be released side-by-side, which sort of preserves the whole Flashback format that I established in Starfall.

One idea Im currently playing around with is releasing the installments of the Sequel in reverse order, so that the Prequel counts up to Kingdom Come, the Sequel counts down to Kingdom Come. It's an interesting idea, but I'm not sure if I can pull it off.

Anyways, thanks to all of you for reading. I appreciate it a lot, and I'm glad you guys enjoyed what I've released here so far. If I may, I'll put you on the PM list for Kingdom Come when I start releasing it.

19. MistiWhitesun

MistiWhitesun Jedi Master star 3

Aug 16, 2004
    Sure! Please do put me on the PM list! (Though if you only PM me once until I peek back in, that's fine. I'm planning to overload this school term.)

Okay, when you explain that, I don't feel so badly about you shelving it? I've made the same mistake a time or four. Actually, I've done it much worse. [face_shhh] Though for the record, I was understanding it?but then, I'm certainly not your average reader, either.

[face_coffee] Here's to keeping the plot simplified!

:D

-Mist

20. ROTSFan

ROTSFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2006
    Sure, I like the writing and don't want to get invested in Starfall if it doesn't finish....so if you're revamping it on a different thread (and intend to complete it), please put me on the PM list. Thanks!

21. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    May I be added to the revamped version PM list, please?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.