main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Starfest 2011 - April 15th-17th

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by nnaydolem, Nov 16, 2010.

1. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
  2. Kal-El_Kenobi

Kal-El_Kenobi Jedi Master star 3

Feb 28, 2005
    how are we supposed to get parking and prove we have a room

3. BFett88

BFett88 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 5, 2003
    Use the force

4. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    Well this whole parking situation pretty much guarantees I will have to pay $10 to park once I get back to the hotel on Saturday morning. [face_plain]

Why can't they just man those entrances like they normally do and only let people who have a room get in to park? I suppose that's too much to ask?

5. Lego-Stormtrooper-1

Lego-Stormtrooper-1 Former RMFF CR star 3

Apr 27, 2009
    You know what this means!!! We all pile into one frakking car!!!! [face_idea] Zoo? Big blue truck!? =D=

6. Obi_Wannabe

Obi_Wannabe Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 17, 2002
    The best recommendation for free parking is to park at the Park and ride on the other side of I-25 and walk over, there is a bridge.

Otherwise yes it will be $10 for parking. Nnay and I will know the final info after Saturday.

I know that's not an option for people with lots of stuff (including me).

7. jthornto

jthornto Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2005
    What about little ol' me who isn't getting a room and doesn't want to pay for parking?!? Cheapskates unite!

8. Nerfherders

Nerfherders RMFF Treasurer star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    last year they tried charging for the lot across the street but gave up by Saturday afternoon, probably because they couldn't control all the entrances properly.

I am going to show up early afternoon on Friday and not leave until Sunday afternoon.

9. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    Ditto. I want to get there before noon on Friday, and I'm not leaving until the con is over.

10. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    i'll be there at 8 am on friday and not leaving until probably 9 or 10 sunday night...better get me a GOOD spot!!

11. jthornto

jthornto Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2005
    So I can double park you? Awesome.

12. Lego-Stormtrooper-1

Lego-Stormtrooper-1 Former RMFF CR star 3

Apr 27, 2009

So you're going to park in the lot across the street early friday afternoon? Before they start charging?

[image=http://twistedsifter.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/guinness-brilliant.jpg]

13. Nerfherders

Nerfherders RMFF Treasurer star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    My goal is to park in the hotel parking lot, as close to the door as I can get.

But yes that is another idea. Squatters rights?

14. catz44

catz44 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    I could be wrong, but I thought the lot across the street also had rules about parking there overnight.......I thought some people had issues with this....[face_thinking]

15. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    i went to NDK there was a parking lot that was directly across from the Hampden Garden Inn that i parked in for free.

16. QueenHighMistress

QueenHighMistress Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    Last year I parked in the lot across the street on Saturday. I specifically asked them at what time they would consider it "overnight," because I knew I wouldn't leave before 2:00 a.m., and they said not to worry about it (I left around 3:00-3:30). I also didn't get a receipt or anything for the dash. Sunday I scored and parked in the hotel lot. It's all a lot of bantha poodoo for no good reason....

17. The_Kwisatz_Haderach

The_Kwisatz_Haderach Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 20, 2010
    Greetings people of Earth, I have returned. I'm excited for this here Star Fest shindig. Heard good things. I have absolutely no idea yet what my plan/the plan is (is there a plan?) for the weekend. I need to be less lazy and just read through this entire thread (note to self). Anyway, I shall be there, for I am back!

18. gra-co_o_hun

gra-co_o_hun Jedi Master star 5

May 5, 2005
    Welcome Back Nick!

19. -Gundark-

-Gundark- Jedi Knight star 4

Apr 1, 2010
    Indeed, welcome back!

20. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    Great to have you back Nick! I am chuckling right now because you probably have no idea what you're in for. :p

...but you'll love it. ;)

21. The_Kwisatz_Haderach

Aug 20, 2010
    Ah, trial by fire. Bring it on, I'm ready for anything!

22. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    Ugh. I don't know if I get to come now or not.

23. Grimby

Apr 22, 2000
  24. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    nick whatever grimby says...having your hands duct taped to beverages is NOT normal...;)

EDIT
    #$%^&*(*&^%$ the rmff site is down so i couldnt post a pix.[face_frustrated]

25. The_Kwisatz_Haderach

Aug 20, 2010
    If this thing is half as crazy as I've been led to believe, then I wonder if I'll survive to regret not getting a room? Meh, I'm comfortable with the risk! (After all, what's life without the occasional alcohol poisoning???)