main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Stealing the DEATH STAR plans. Should the Ghost crew pull this off?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Darth Downunder, Oct 5, 2014.

1. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    That may be the plan now, but they've already wheeled out Vader to create some buzz for the ABC airing. If the show isn't going as well as they'd like after a season or two I'll bet they'll start bringing in more tried & true OT characters & scenarios to generate more interest.

2. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    I don't know.

But, for the record, when I first heard about Rebels I honestly thought it was the origins story of the Rebel Alliance. In some ways, it is, but we're seeing a different side of the story. Long term, I'm not sure if that's a good thing.

3. Darth Downunder

Aug 5, 2001
    As I understand it, it's about the beginnings of the Rebellion as seen through the eyes of the Ghost crew. As time goes on they'll be incorporated into the broader Rebellion. The Bail scene & R2's surveillance was the first hint of this. I think those comments by Filoni only refer to the first season.

4. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    No, see his interview from August. It refers to the whole show.

He was asked about the rise of Leia to the leadership of the Alliance and the Death Star; Dave responded that it was "way over there" and not what Rebels was aiming to explore. The most interesting remark was about the Ghost crew not being aware of the actions of the wider rebellion and the possibility of whether or not they live past ANH.

5. Darth Downunder

Aug 5, 2001
    Interesting. I'll try & find it.

Regardless, shows change & evolve as they go. Pressure for new directions can also come from higher up the chain than the creative team.

whostheBossk likes this.
  6. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I think it would make for a great series finale, yes there is the whole "shrunk the galaxy" conundrum but I think it would be neat to see the "first major victory" of the Rebel alliance to have the Ghost crew at the core of it.

Darth_Downunder likes this.
  7. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I don't think anyone expected it and also Ezra is defiantly not the new chosen one because he is not going to defeat any sith whatsoever and to make him the chosen one would have them changing everything.

8. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

Many Bothans died during the retrieval of this data plus some people of there.

9. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    Phil LaMarr also implies it.
    Perfect end to the series (imo):

I feel like it would be too dark for everyone on the crew to die, but Kanan, Hera, and Zeb should be the ones to kick the bucket if anything while Sabine and Ezra retire to some backwater planet. Maybe Ezra has a vision of Luke defeating Vader and The Emperor and decides he's not needed for the time being after he played his role in delivering the plans.

Darth_Downunder likes this.
  10. Darth Downunder

Aug 5, 2001
    Maybe this Fulcrum person will be involved in the theft of the plans.

11. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    If things were that bad, the Tantive IV wouldve called in The Ghost and they wouldve made short work of the Imperials regardless if Vader was in that ship or not. Best to keep these characters at the other side of the Galaxy rather than jerk them into place to fit in crucial ANH moments imo. You could make it a two front war rather than the simplistic victory seen in the OT, and give these Rebels their own original victories and things of great importance to accomplish

whostheBossk likes this.
  12. Darth Downunder

Aug 5, 2001
    The opening crawl tells us that attacking the Empire & stealing the plans was the first victory for the Rebellion. Unless they contradict this the Ghost crew can't have any large scale wins before the time of ANH.

Also I'm not sure I'd be calling this a "simplistic victory". Stealing the plans causes a chain of events that brings down the whole Empire (maybe, depending on what TFA tells us). If the Ghost crew were partly responsible for this it's doubtful there could be a more significant way to contribute to the cause.

13. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Filoni talked about how the Lothal rebels have to "earn" their victory against the Empire.

14. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Well if the Old Ben Rebels figure had any truth in it, it means that they will meet him in the first season. Maybe Kanan (and maybe Ezra ?) sacrifices themselves and tells Hera to tell Leia to get the plans to Obi-Wan on Tatooine ?

15. mratm23

mratm23 Jedi Knight star 3

May 13, 2014
    Have them steal the plans and deliver them to Organa, where they decide to stay on Alderaan and hang low for a while...

16. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

That would stink.

whostheBossk and mratm23 like this.
  17. Darth Downunder

Aug 5, 2001
    We should keep in mind that the plans are stolen as part on an attack against the Empire. The ANH opening crawl says that "Rebel ships striking from a hidden base" achieve the victory & steal the plans. There are plenty of ways that could play out. Maybe the attack is a diversion & a group of Rebels (Ghost crew?) infiltrate an Imperial ship/facility & steal the plans. Also we should note that the plans may not be a tangible set of plans. ANH tells us the plans were part of a transmission that was intercepted. Maybe the Rebels intercepted the transmission from the Empire. Or maybe the Ghost crew will gain access to the plans & then transmit them to the Tantive IV. Perhaps Chopper will transmit them. Would be cool for Chopper to indirectly hand them over to R2-D2.

So many potentially awesome story possibilities. I don't think the Rebels showrunners will be able to resist this story arc, possibly to close out the series.

18. Sons of Liberty

Sons of Liberty Jedi Padawan

Nov 17, 2014
    [​IMG]

Rather have Ghost stealing the Death Star plans then Kyle Katarn doing it single handedly in a heavily guarded base.

Maybe have Ghost teaming up with Kyle then that would make much more sense.

19. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I came here to chew bubble gum and steal some plans and I am all out of gum.

whostheBossk and Iron_lord like this.