main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

stormtrooper armor?

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Darth_Tyrev, Jul 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Tyrev

Darth_Tyrev Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 15, 2006
    I could really use stormtrooper armor for my fanfilm, but I'm not handy at all, and if I tried to build one it would likley come out looking more like a deformed ewok than a stormtrooper. Does anyone have any suggestions?

clone commander bossk likes this.
  2. agap_afima

agap_afima Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 19, 2005
    I don't know how to make it either, but I know one thing: you're going to spend lots of time and/or money. Maybe you could rent a suit from somewhere?

3. BigOlaf-aka-TheSarge

BigOlaf-aka-TheSarge Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 9, 2004
    I have clonetrooper armor, and know a little about armor and people who sell it.

the 501st has a lot of resources about armor and costuming:

501st

they also have local garrisons that love to make fanfilms, and will most likely volunteer to help you. you wouldn't need to buy armor at all.
    Check out your local garrisons from the 501st mainpage.

its a really great way to meet people.

I'm soon to be a TC in Vaders Fist...but school gets in the way of everything.

4. darthviper107

darthviper107 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 26, 2003
    Yeah, you might want to get a 501st member to help you, stormtrooper armor (unassembled) can be like $800 for just the armor without the body glove or gun, and anything less would look horrible.

5. BigOlaf-aka-TheSarge

Sep 9, 2004
    whoa, i have no idea where you are getting your prices for armor, but I got my Clone armor, partially assembled, for $375. And it is high-quality ABS plastic, which was ranked blue, cause I like the lieutenant color.

the guns are like 20 bucks at any target, cause, believe it or not, not all troopers buy the replica blasters. body gloves are 40 dollars.

its an investment sure, but not over 500 dollars.

6. TrowaGP02a

TrowaGP02a Jedi Master star 4

Dec 24, 2004
  7. darthviper107

darthviper107 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 26, 2003
    If you want to be completely cheap

But they were like up to $800 on ebay a year ago, mostly they are selling (for a complete armor set) for about $650:

Stormtrooper Armor

8. DARTH_ZHENATOS

DARTH_ZHENATOS Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 29, 2006
    Last time I checked on Ebay, they were selling the entire armour for $2983.99 plus all aplicable taxes, shipping and handling.

9. BigOlaf-aka-TheSarge

Sep 9, 2004
    wow, i guess you should know about armor and everything, after only searching on ebay...

...cause I've been in armor for about two years now, and I know quite a bit about the people who make it. The dealer I went with works out of florida, and has done countless costumes out of the same type (or better) plastics that that same company uses to make its "$800" armor.

he can get you some armor, if you don't want to contact the 501st.

you can contact him here:

michael's 501st profile

generally it'll be around 400 dollars. could be more, depending on the costume.

10. Cramer

Cramer Jedi Master star 4

Jan 18, 2004
    I've hung out with him, and yes he is a cool guy. He used to live in my town, then moved one city over. Never knew he actually started making the armor stuff though. Good to know.

I got my TC armor from a beta set from another source here in town, cost me $250 back in my 10th grade year. I don't fit in it anymore, but it was a nice peice of work.

Clone Patrol is the only real thing I ever used it for save for a costume contest back in high school I took first place in.

11. DARTH_ZHENATOS

DARTH_ZHENATOS Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 29, 2006
    Maybe it's just because I live in Canada.

12. Abhors Elder

Abhors Elder Guest

The going rate for armor through the 501st (from my contact in the New England Garisson) is about $500 for the kit.

13. swimmerman91

swimmerman91 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 22, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.