main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Stormtroopers clones,Now confirmed.

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by Master_Sifo-Dyas, Jun 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master_Sifo-Dyas

Master_Sifo-Dyas Jedi Youngling star 1

May 30, 2002
    I realize this is another thread on this over dragged topic ( the truth is I couldn't find the main topic thread on Stormtroopers are clones.)but it has been now confirmed by George Lucas himself in an interview in the latest STARLOG magazine issue # 300 page 42- 43.

I will quote a line from it.

GL: "I always knew that stormtroopers were clones."

I suggest picking up a copy and reading the article, he mentions a few other intersting thing regarding the "Qui-gon voice" and other subjects as well.

2. StarWars_Revelation

StarWars_Revelation Jedi Master star 5

Aug 5, 2001
    Very interesting :D

Stormtroopers aren't as sufficent as clones it seems--I guess they weaken in their "old" age?

3. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    Sweet. :)

4. jedi-jeff

jedi-jeff Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 2, 2000
    I wonder why the clonetroopers seem more competent than the Stormtroopers. Perhaps we will get an explanation in Episode III.

5. lightblade

lightblade Jedi Master

May 23, 2002
    Well, this is most interesting. Adds some perspective to the OT, I suppose. . .Cool, I guess. :)

6. dday64

dday64 Jedi Youngling

May 3, 2002
    If you read the Episode 2 novelization (which I am in the process of doing), on Kamino Jango is asked to give more samples to the Kamonians to create new clones, because "the source is always the best", even though they can create unlimited clones from other material.

I'd assume that once Jango dies the Kamonians have to use other sources to create more clones, thus dumbing them down over time.

7. Padawan_of_the_Blue

Padawan_of_the_Blue Jedi Youngling

May 28, 2002
    i thought it was common knowledge that the clones become stormtroopers... but anyway, i'm fine with that. one thing that bothers me though... where do all of the officers and pilots and other stuff come from in th OT then? the officers and pilots on the decks of star destroyers sure don't look like jango... i always assumed that they were promoted stormies...

8. Spike_Spiegal

Spike_Spiegal Jedi Youngling star 5

Mar 11, 2002
  9. Master_Sifo-Dyas

May 30, 2002
    I agree. I seem to remember an older magazine style book that was released back in 1982 that said that Stormtroopers were clones, I guess GL's statement now confirms this.He mention's that they are clones of Boba Fett,And calls fett one of the best bounty hunters ( I don't have the magazine with me but I do remember this much )

To be fair to the IST's ,they were'nt all that bad, If you remember in ANH they were pretty efficient when they took over Tanative IV.Bens told luke that ST's blast points were too accurate for sand people. When they were ordered to shoot to kill they shot to kill, When ordered "No desintegrations" or shoot to wound or capture I think they did what they were told.

Now as far as the Ewoks are concerned... I have no answer on that one. :)

10. DarthRaptor

DarthRaptor Jedi Youngling star 1

May 24, 2002
    Then what is Luke talking about in ANH when he mentions about going to the "academy"? I assumed he meant the Imperial Academy or something. But, if all the stormtroopers are clones, there wouldn't really need to be an academy. Plus, then why aren't cloning facilities like Kamino mentioned in the OT? What happens to the clones when the Emperor dies? If you ask me, this raises more questions than answers.

DR

11. Charlie_Martel

Charlie_Martel Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2001
    "Then what is Luke talking about in ANH when he mentions about going to the "academy"? I assumed he meant the Imperial Academy or something."

You assume too much. Luke told Obi-Wan he hated the Empire and was excited when 3PO mentioned the Rebellion. He must be referring to a flight academy. It's not like I have to join the Air Force to learn how to fly an aircraft.

And I've thought stormtroopers were clones ever since about '95 (when I started understanding the movies) :p

12. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
  13. jedi-jeff

jedi-jeff Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 2, 2000
    Then what is Luke talking about in ANH when he mentions about going to the "academy"?

I assume that the Officers and Pilots were not clones but were trained at the "Academy".

Perhaps only the Stormtroopers, as the infantry "grunts", were produced by clonning.

This question really needs to be answered in Episode III or the fans (including myself) will not be happy.

14. Master_Sifo-Dyas

May 30, 2002
    I agree again. Maybe this was why GL cut out the Luke Biggs scene from ANH. Luke talks about joining the empire ( If I remenber correctly).

15. Master_Sifo-Dyas

May 30, 2002
    What I don't understand is that GL mentioned in the article that they ( IST's) were clones of Boba. and that Boba was one of the best.Now unless there was some kind of genetic flaw down the in the cloning process.
    If any one has a chance to check it out do so it's actually a great article.

16. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    He actually said they were clones of Fett? That's amazing that he kept the link to the Fetts after all these years.

17. prof_frink

prof_frink Jedi Grand Master star 3

Feb 1, 1999
    i don't think Lucas ever said they were clones of Fett...

But I do recall an old article saying that storm troopers were clones. But again, I don't know if that ever came out of the mouth of Lucas...

18. Ewan-Kenobi

Ewan-Kenobi Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 21, 2000
    I dunno about saying they were clones of Boba. But he said it was always his intention to link Fett with the troopers. If I remember correctly.

19. Cellz

Cellz Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 12, 2002
    This does indeed bring up more questions.

1. Why aren't all Stormtroopers the same height?
    2. Why don't all Stormtroopers sound the same?
    3. Why are the Stormtroopers so much more human and casual than the Clonetroopers? (Such as the discussion when Obi-Wan is turning off the tractor beam.)
    4. Why did they change the armor? ;)

I would really like to see some big battle on Kamino in Episode 3, in which the cloning facilities are destroyed, the samples of Jango lost, etc. Then, Palpatine--rather than going through the trouble of finding a new subject to clone, and thinking that he has already secured his place as Emperor and is no longer in need of such a grand army--starts recruiting soldiers rather than growing them, thus the Stormtroopers. Probably never going to happen, but I can dream, can't I? :D

20. Master_Sifo-Dyas

May 30, 2002
    With regards to the Qui-gon voice thing, he tried to tie it in with the jedis abillity to remain after death ( he was extreamly vague ( what else is new ) but he said somthing interesting. that Anakin did not have that abillity( to remain after death) up until that point. This might be usefull info on another topic thread to speculate and discuss. he mentions somthing about a cool line that vader will say ( something about sounding like the 1930's) I can just see it now. Vader: " Ok you dirty rats, I'm vader ya see. :p

21. JediMasterAaron

JediMasterAaron Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 14, 2000
    Very interesting...

JMA

22. Master_Sifo-Dyas

May 30, 2002
    Actually he said they were clones of Boba In this new article in STARLOG # 300. ( sorry about that.)

23. prof_frink

prof_frink Jedi Grand Master star 3

Feb 1, 1999
    This does indeed bring up more questions.

1. Why aren't all Stormtroopers the same height?
    2. Why don't all Stormtroopers sound the same?
    3. Why are the Stormtroopers so much more human and casual than the Clonetroopers? (Such as the discussion when Obi-Wan is turning off the tractor beam.)
    4. Why did they change the armor?

Maybe they're not all clones of the same people anymore - maybe they were cloned from several people, so there is some variety... who knows...

24. Master_Sifo-Dyas

May 30, 2002
    According to STARLOG # 300 it's Boba fett. I'm sooo confused.

I may have miss read it. If some one else gets the chance to read it ( just so I know I wasn't hallucinating )

25. Darth_Graal

Darth_Graal Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 19, 2001
    maybe the quality of the cloning of stormtroopers was not as good or controlled as the kaminoans, various factors may result in lower quality non-uniform clones.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.