main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive Stuff By Otis Frampton

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Otis_Frampton, Jun 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Otis_Frampton

Otis_Frampton LFL Artist, Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 7, 2001
    Actually, the skectch for this image was done months ago and I never intended it to be Zeek. The "Z" was for "Zombie Monkey Press", the title I use on my website and blog. It was just a coincidence that the two characters look similar and were featured in images I finished at the same time. But I guess it could be Zeek. We'll just say it IS Zeek. :D

Yes, my brain is a dangerous place.

Yeah, I still want to be a part of this forum since I spent so much time here when I was a fan artist, I'd hate to think I couldn't stop by once and a while with new material.

-Otis

2. Otis_Frampton

Jan 7, 2001
    Blasphemous artwork ahead (on a Star Wars site, anyway) . . .

[image=http://otisframpton.typepad.com/./photos/uncategorized/trektos.jpg]

Jessica Hickman's "Space Quint" character . . .

[image=http://otisframpton.typepad.com/./photos/uncategorized/spacequintotf4.jpg]

Jake & Elwood . . .

[image=http://otisframpton.typepad.com/./photos/uncategorized/bluesbrothers_1.jpg]

Enjoy.

-Otis

3. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    "Blasphemous artwork ahead"

ROTFL!!

Nonsense!! Most of us cut our teeth (cough, cough) on Star Trek, so would willingly welcome the first one, anyway!

I love it!! Spock, Kirk and "Bones"--the "Trek Trio!" What wonderful likenesses you manage--it's really amazing, considering the economy of line in your work: the most recognizable features properly placed, and voila! A likeness that's totally on...amazing...

And where would I find this wonderful "gun-toting kitty, Space Quint?" What a great looking character!! LOL! That "barrel" he's got on looks...uncomfortable, to say the least!

And The Blues Brothers is wonderful (and I think it's my favorite of these three)!! Again, great capture of the likenesses and most certainly the "atmosphere" of the characters!

As always, great stuff here Otis! It's such fun to see your work!

FF

4. Corellian_Rogue

Corellian_Rogue Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 30, 2001
    Great work as always Otis! :D I laughed at the blasphemous comment! LOL :) Oh and it's great to see a tribute to Blues Brothers, I loved that movie! How have your Lord of the Rings sketch cards been going? Have you any more to share with your loyal fans? *puppy dog eyes*

5. Otis_Frampton

Jan 7, 2001
    Thanks for the kind words, my friends. :D

-Otis

6. Otis_Frampton

Jan 7, 2001
    The guilt got to me, so I finally did some Star Wars artwork (finally):

[image=http://otisframpton.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/maul_markers.jpg]

Enjoy! :D

-Otis

7. That_Wascally_Droid

That_Wascally_Droid Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 29, 2001
    Hmm... can't say I recognize that character...

*is tarred and feathered*

*cough*

Well I asked for it! ;)

I love your style regardless of the universe it's in! ^_^

8. Otis_Frampton

Jan 7, 2001
    More guilt art:

[image=http://otisframpton.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/tyranus_markers.jpg]

-Otis

9. Otis_Frampton

Jan 7, 2001
    [image=http://otisframpton.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/grievous_markers.jpg]

10. That_Wascally_Droid

That_Wascally_Droid Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 29, 2001
    Grievous!!!
    I love you :)

In many unhealthy ways I love Maul and Jango.
    But, I wonder what the PT would be like with Grievous and Dooku in the starring villain roles each time. Coulda made quite a pair...

11. Otis_Frampton

Jan 7, 2001
    I think Grievous is actually rather silly looking. He didn't have to be, but the final film's version really made him seem goofy, rather than scary, as in the initial concept artwork.

I tried to play up that feeling in my drawing; big ears, buck-toothed, wearing a moo-moo with awful 1980s shoulder pads and acne so bad he has to wear a mask. You know . . . GOOFY.

:-B

Tomorrow's entry in the Villain-athon is the REAL baddie-to-beat in the Star Wars Universe (if we're talking body count).

-Otis

12. Otis_Frampton

Jan 7, 2001
    [image=http://otisframpton.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/tarkin_markers.jpg]

13. mMathab

mMathab Jedi Master star 1

Apr 23, 2001
    That's an interesting "angle" for a drawing. From a perspective point of view. Good one!

14. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    "More guilt art:"

LOL!! If "guilt" is the motivation, pardon me Otis, while I enjoy the results! ;) :D

Maul is wonderful--I love the "grinding" set of his teeth and the detailing in his robes--beautiful! The Dooku portrait is awesome as well--the stoic expression and again, great handling of the clothing details (especially his cloak closure--great detail!). The rectangular "splashes" of color behind each one are well-chosen for impact here, too--a neutral color for "colorful" Maul, a brighter color for our pale Count. Nice counterpoints to each one. Grievous is his normal threatening self--I guess there's no way to really change his facial expression, except of course with the handling of the eyes... And I totally agree with mMathab on the Tarkin portrait (if indeed it is Tarkin--looks like him to me! :p ): it's a very creative and unique angle for the "view"--sort of like we're on our knees here, and he's glaring down at us with his usual disdain! Excellent stuff as always!

FF

15. Otis_Frampton

Jan 7, 2001
    Thanks for the kind words, fellow Fan Arters. :D

-Otis

16. Otis_Frampton

Jan 7, 2001
    [image=http://otisframpton.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/vader_markers.jpg]

17. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Whoa!! Very cool Vader!! =D=
    The highlighting and detailing are superb (it's no small task, either--that "black-on-black" is hard!! ), especially on the control panels on his chest. Another awesome piece! Quick question: are these for a card series, or just "for guilt"...er, fun...? :p ;) Great work!

FF

18. Otis_Frampton

Jan 7, 2001
    They're just a series of 9x12 ink and marker drawings I'm doing this week. I'm trying to build up some original artwork for my trip to San Diego later this year. trying to get it in before I begin a new comic project and won't have time for this kind of thing.

I'm thinking about doing a Lord of the Rings series, too. But we'll see.

-Otis

19. Ty_Ordell

Ty_Ordell Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 7, 2002
    Otis made up a new word! Fanarter, I'm a Fanarter. That's fun to say.uh excuse me but I fanarted.

Anyways Vader looks steller dude. Great job on the mask. As I said at DA I'm loving this Villian series you're doing.

20. Otis_Frampton

Jan 7, 2001
    I've been fanarting all week here and at other sites. I really stink the place up with my output.

:D

Thanks for the kind words, all!

-Otis

21. Otis_Frampton

Jan 7, 2001
    [image=http://otisframpton.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/sidious_markers.jpg]

22. Otis_Frampton

Jan 7, 2001
  23. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    Excellent work as always! =D=

AG88

24. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Wow, great stuff, Otis!

I particularly like the Grievous, Tarkin and Vader. Very cool! Good luck with future projects and keep on going at it! :D

25. Basement24

Basement24 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 1, 2005
    Fantastic stuff! You've got a really great style going. I really enjoy that Grievous pic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.