main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Sunlight Soliloquy (Drama, Vignette-- elaboration of the Twin Sunset scene.)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Lady-Hermione, Dec 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lady-Hermione

Lady-Hermione Jedi Master star 1

Jul 15, 2003
    Necessities:

Title: Sunlight Soliloquy
    Author(s): Lady-Hermione
    Timeframe: Post Jedi Academy Trilogy
    Characters: Tatoo I, Tatoo II, Luke Skywalker
    Genre: Drama/Vignette
    Keywords:
    Summary: Through the eyes of the twin Tatooine suns, Tatoo I and Tatoo II, we watch a young Luke Skywalker make the transition from boy to man.
    Notes:

Author's Notes:

In Sunlight Soliloquy, we observe young Luke through the viewpoint of the twin suns of Tatooine. Personification can be a very interesting tool to work with, and it was in this piece; I quite enjoyed writing this. I hope you enjoy reading it, and your thoughts and comments are, of course, more than welcome. :)

--------------------------------------------

Sunlight Soliloquy

We had seen many things. How could we not? We were forever looking down.

There we had always existed; there we always would. No one knew or wondered how we came to be, for we were a matter of simple Constance and thus only invoked such wonderment in souls that harbored discontentment. For everyone else, we were two radiances against the black of space?s canvas, and there was no point in debating how the fact came to be. We illuminated the deserts and warmed the life that managed to exist upon its parched and barren sands. We never received gratitude for our unfaltering service, but that is the way of the universe. Those capable of such expressions reserve them only for that which is inconstant and not assured; that which is unwavering is relegated as such and thus beyond the necessity of recognition.

?One,? my companion addressed me. She was smaller, an array of reds and oranges, and my counterpart in all aspects. She brought warmth in the morning and softening beauty in the eve that pinked the skies with her fading glory. I was larger, balefully golden, and gave illumination and comfort to the deserts of Tatooine. We were two parts of one whole; together we were born and together we would die. Together we would live out our duty to Tatooine and fulfill the plan of our Creator. We communicated in variances of fading and swelling light, an array of brilliance that bloomed and retracted with our unspoken words.

?How sweetly does the morning gather,? Two pointed out. ?Again we bring provision and life.? Robed purples and blackened blues brightened into bashful lavenders and reluctant sapphires as civility turned its face to us.

?With honor do I do so,? I answered.

?And with passion, I as well.? We were silent, respecting the shift from darkness to light. It was expected and unnoticed to those that we brought it to, but it was holy and sacred to we two, bearers of the light and warmth. Farmers trudged out of hovelled homes, lifting their weathered faces to bask in the warmth that was Two. Cheerful children danced in sands, their hair golden in my newborn light. Life awoken in lands afar and we watched them every one as night submitted and day triumphantly rose, another niche in the never ending cycle.

?The life of Tatooine is vast and varied,? Two observed. ?So simple at some levels, so complicated as they rise.?

?And none so complicated as human life,? I added. ?They seek so much more than mere survival, and are angry at the universe for not providing it for them.?

Two sighed. ?Forever do they dream; forever do they question. When they receive that which they desire, they long only for a return to their existence before.?

?He dreams,? I pointed out as a small boy emerged from a grounded home. He was small, flaxen haired by my light and dark-skinned by Two?s intensive rays. His eyes were two collections of blue sky dancing with the light of stars. We had watched him for a long time, for he was one of few whom thought to watch us back. ?But he dreams without question.?

?Everyday he lays in my warmth,? Two conceded. ?Everyday he glows in your light. Everyday does he gaze upon us as we regard him in turn.?

?And everyday does he dream, but never does he

2. Altaira

Altaira Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    That was wonderful to imagine. The life giving force in the stars seeing the change from a dreamer to practical one with no time to dream or see the small graces of life. Even stars can appreciate the little things though they have had eons to see the repeating patterns of man.

And, it helped that you end with the best Luke scene from A New Hope. [face_love] fans myself

Luke does stand out among many. :D All that time sharing with One and Two, maybe the stars gave him a light of his own? 8-}

3. CrystalKenobi

CrystalKenobi Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    Excellent story. I like the imagery.

4. Lady-Hermione

Jul 15, 2003
    Altaira: Luke definitely stands out among a crowd. :) I can see the stars themselves, watching him in admiration... but, then again, I'm partial. [face_blush] The Tatooine Twin Sunset is one of my favorite scenes from the original trilogy and I wanted to elaborate on it here, but from a unique point of view. Who could see it better than the suns that gazed back? :) I'm glad that you enjoyed it, and thank you for reviewing.

CrystalKenobi: Thank you! Personification is a very interesting tool to work with. Glad you enjoyed it!

5. Laine_Snowtrekker

Laine_Snowtrekker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 8, 2003
    this is so cool! I've never thought to use personification. this so wonderfully sets up that scene in ANH. This is tight!

6. Lady-Hermione

Jul 15, 2003
    Thanks so much, Laine_Snowtrekker! :D I'm glad you liked it. I suggest trying it out sometimes-- personification is very enchanting, in my opinion. Its interesting to wonder, "If I were a sun, what would I say?" [face_laugh]

7. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    I really liked the imagery of the suns talking and watching Luke as he grows up. I have one question though. What girl are you refering to or is it just a fleeting OC girlfriend?

8. Lady-Hermione

Jul 15, 2003
    Glad you liked it, dianethx. :D The girl is just some random, nameless little lady that Luke had a crush on as he grew up. She's Camie if you want her be, but its not Camie if you don't... she's really just anyone you choose to make her.

9. leia_naberrie

leia_naberrie Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2002
    ?And again the morning blooms, as ever it has.?

?In radiance we bring the morning, and ever shall we do so.?
    ?The morning never fails; our resilience ensures it to be so.?

?So hope does not ever truly die?

?Not as long as there are those to remember it.?

Sans défaut

10. LianaMara

LianaMara Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 30, 2000
    Oh, that was so beautiful, LH! Excellent idea to tell the story from the suns' POV. Tatoo I and II's dialogue is sturring, almost epic-like in this. And I loved the ending, with the ANH scene. Wonderful job! :D

11. Lady-Hermione

Jul 15, 2003
    leia_naberrie: I have to be honest: I have no idea what Sans defaut means. [face_blush] If its a good thing, though, then thank you! If not, then thanks anyway for your honesty! :)

LianaMara: Such kind words! [face_blush] I'm so glad that you liked it? Stirring, epic? Wow-- I'm honored. :D I'm glad you liked One and Two's dialogue, because I was somewhat uneasy with it... I was afraid that it was serious to the point of being silly. :) I'm glad that you enjoyed it!

12. The_Good_Twin

The_Good_Twin Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 6, 2003
    That's really a special point of view! :)

?One,? my companion addressed me.- Awwwwww, that's so sweet! :D

And I like it that there is even a connection between the title ANH and this story.
    Luke shows not only to other people that there still can be hope, but even to the suns! :)

That was really amazing! :)

:D

13. leia_naberrie

leia_naberrie Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2002
    Sans défaut (en Francaise) = Flawless (English)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.