main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SNG SW Costuming Notes

Discussion in 'Asia & Africa General Discussion' started by Darth_Eagle, May 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    The FanForce meeting will depend on when the members here want to have it. I will let JediJean or our CR settle it. ;)

The cloth shops outing will depend on when you people (Yazid & gang, etc) interested in going, want to have it.

2. xeno_kenobi

xeno_kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 4, 2002
    For me any time, because I very free.I Just want the clip and the wheel. :)

3. Yazid_Skywalker

Yazid_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2002
    (Yazid & gang)
    Wa lau u make me sound like gang leader or sumthin'. At least say Yazid and Friends.
    But It sounds sissyish.
    Wat about Yazid and Jedi s. [face_devil]

4. Yazid_Skywalker

Jul 10, 2002
    (Yazid & gang)
    Wa lau u make me sound like gang leader or sumthin'. At least say Yazid and Friends.
    But It sounds sissyish.

5. Yazid_Skywalker

Jul 10, 2002
    (Yazid & gang)
    But It sounds sissyish.

6. xeno_kenobi

Nov 4, 2002
    Yazid so tommorrow can?

7. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Yazid, must repeat 3 times, eh? :D

I tomorrow probably go to Chinatown to get some fabrics for my Sat cosplay and order my wig/s. :D Tummy been bad since last Sat so only tomorrow I can finally go out of the house.

8. xeno_kenobi

Nov 4, 2002
    HEre is my website with all my props ( exept holoprojector ) www.geocities/wayne10650/starwarspics.html

9. bluebereft

bluebereft Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 15, 2002
    Does anyone here make their own sabers?

10. xeno_kenobi

Nov 4, 2002
    I make Lightsabers. If u want 1 , I can sell u 1. not the 1 I used but a new type.

11. Yazid_Skywalker

Jul 10, 2002
    I want a lightsaber but is it realistic. And how long does it take to finish...
    And can anyone make me a tunic... and pants...and tabard...and obi...and belt...

12. xeno_kenobi

Nov 4, 2002
    Master, I can make Vinyl belts. My Lightsabers are always realistic and they look like custom graflex. My Lightsabers have no blades, just the hilt.

13. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    *Knock on Yazid_Skywalker's head*

I thought you'd finish the tunic and Obi?

Hai . . . we better have a costume making party one of these days.

14. xeno_kenobi

Nov 4, 2002
    Wat costuming party .

15. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Come together one fine day somewhere to discuss how to make the costume (fabrics, patterns etc) and start making it on the spot.

Some of us thought of doing it before AOTC Premiere but it fell through.

16. xeno_kenobi

Nov 4, 2002
    Aiyohyo.......

17. Yazid_Skywalker

Jul 10, 2002
    My young apprentice can you make me Anakin's belt. Of course i'll pay. But i want it to be realistic... and yes this is part of your training. to test how good your concentration is.

18. xeno_kenobi

Nov 4, 2002
    Sure Master. how much are you willing to pay? I can do it E2 version with studs, Can't do with rivets. Buckle included. Belt adjustable. Using velcro to tighten it. I can do Obi1 belt to with buckle included. Private Message me to tell me your waist measurement.

19. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    I don't recommand closing the belt with Velcro as velcro will lose its grip through time. And since the belt is the outer most part, it can suddenly "break open" if the belt get too tight. Use buckle instead, metal or release one.

Velcro is okay for the Obi as the belt will prevent it from opening when your tummy suddenly become wider. ;)

20. xeno_kenobi

Nov 4, 2002
    No DE, the belts I make have leather loops at the back so it won't split. My belt loops make it look exactly like the ones in the movie.

21. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001
    I'm currently painting my food capsules. I sanded the unpainted capsules, but after that the scratches on the capsules can be seen (not very obvious, but still...). I haven't put finisher on yet. The problem is with the Sterling Silver capsules (silver is a light colour so I guess it's more obvious than with other colours), I can't find the gold. (Spotlight ran out, Novena Sq Ace store doesn't have it [heck, I couldn't find any 'normal' paints at this store, only the special types like chalkboard], neither do Art Friend nor Sagacity.) Am I using the wrong type of sandpaper, sanding it wrongly, or is the problem with the number of coats of paint?

22. xeno_kenobi

Nov 4, 2002
    Did u buy the Primer? U have to prime it first before u sand it. Tampinese Spotlight got sell Primer and 18K gold.

23. JediClare

Oct 8, 2001
    Yeah I sanded the capsule, primed with grey Krylon Sandable Primer (no white), sanded a bit, primed, sanded a bit, then two coats of silver paint.

Thanks, I'll see if I can go to Tampines Spotlight...it's on the other side of the island though...anyway if I really can't find or go to that Spotlight I'll get other types of finisher and gold.

24. xeno_kenobi

Nov 4, 2002
    Good luck! l ;)

25. JediClare

Oct 8, 2001
    I didn't go to Tampines Spotlight. I found Copper Brilliance at Sagacity and got that, and found Crystal Clear at Art Friend. I don't know if it's the correct type of finisher because it seemed to be for paintings, drawings, wood, etc. but I bought it to try. And now I'm waiting for it to stop raining for five minutes so I can at least spray on one coat of primer...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.