main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Sword of the Jedi (viggie series)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Zara_Rose, Apr 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zara_Rose

Zara_Rose Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Well, I don't have a post just yet...

but I've written about half of it, and I have the next one -- which will be the last one -- plotted out in my head.

2. Jaina_and_Jag

Jaina_and_Jag Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2003
    All you need to do now is type them up and post them so we can be happy. :) Please a postie soon!!!

3. Zara_Rose

Jun 23, 2002
    I'm trying for the end of this week... really!

EDIT: And I just thought I'd let anyone who's reading this know that I've finished writing the next post, and I'll probably type it this afternoon or evening.

4. Zara_Rose

Jun 23, 2002
    Well, folks, sorry about the long delay. However, you should be pleased to know that this post is about twice as long as my normal posts. As always, the usual disclaimer applies: I don?t own our beloved galaxy far, far away; I just play in it sometimes. The song used in this post is Not That Different by Collin Raye.

NOT THAT DIFFERENT

It had been four years since he?d last seen her, four years since he?d slipped away in the dead of night. He?d claimed it was his duty to return to Chiss space, that he shouldn?t have gotten involved in the first place. The truth was, though, that he?d been scared. Somehow, the tiny brunette had managed to break down the walls he?d constructed. She?d accepted him, first as a pilot, then as her friend. It hadn?t mattered to her that he?d been raised among a people quite different from her own. She?d been willing to show him a life he?d only heard about. That scared him, and he?d fled.

Jagged Fel heaved a sigh of resignation and stood up, stretching muscles that were stiff from a day spent behind a desk. He knew why his thoughts were centered around Jaina Solo. The war against the Yuuzhan Vong had finally reached its bloody conclusion. In a desperate, last-ditch effort, the Galactic Alliance had pushed out the menacing invaders. Jaina, a Colonel in the Alliance Navy -- he himself was a General in the Chiss Expansionary Defense Fleet -- had orchestrated much of the battle. Of course, Jag read the reports of the Chiss soldiers still directly involved in the war. He?d followed Jaina?s career over the years. After what appeared to be a breakdown of sorts immediately following his abrupt departure, Jaina?s career had skyrocketed, breaking all previous records, including ones she herself had set.

With their recent victory secure, the Galactic Alliance was hosting a banquet for those who?d fought in the war. Jagged Fel had been invited because of his early contributions in combat, as well as for his later tactical schematics from Niruan and Csilla. After much deliberation, he decided it would be foolish to decline the invitation. Though not a man of politics -- Jag had once bypassed legendary politicians to meet a lowly Jedi pilot -- he knew that it could be very bad for the Chiss if he failed to make a appearance.

One week later, Jag stepped out of his clawcraft onto the landing platform of Corellia?s largest spaceport. The planet, renowned for its ships and smugglers, had been the final battle ground in the war. It had also been chosen as the new seat of government for the Galactic Alliance. Jag had initially been surprised by this revelation; Coruscant was the traditional planet of government. However, after contemplating the failures of four successive governments -- the Old Republic, the Empire, the New Republic, and the Yuuzhan Vong -- Jag agreed that it was time for a fresh start.

Elsewhere on Corellia, Jaina Solo was searching frantically through her closet for something to wear. The day before, a memo had circulated through the hierarchy of the Galactic Alliance. Its message was simple:

As this is an extremely formal event, all ranking officers are required to dress appropriately. Formal evening wear is strongly suggested. Thank you for your cooperation.

Sighing in defeat, Jaina flopped onto her bed. Scant moments later, Jaina felt a reassuring brush from her mother through the Force. The door to Jaina?s quarters slid open with a slight hiss, and Leia herself stepped through. She carried something bulky that was wrapped in an opaque cover.

?I brought you something,? Leia said, releasing the closure of the plasticover. It slid away to reveal a stunning ball gown. The dress was dark green in color, with a tight-fitting, beaded corset top and a full skirt. The beadwork on the top traced slight patterns, heaviest at the neckline before stopping completely at the waist. Spaghetti straps held the elegant gown in place.

?Oh, Mom. Thank you,? Jaina whispered. She rushed forward to hug her mother. ?

5. TKeira_Lea

TKeira_Lea Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 10, 2002
    Zara, long one! I copied it to Word and I'll reply a little later! I am sooooo excited!

6. Shinar

Shinar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 30, 2002
    Wow, VERY nice! That last paragraph almost made me forgive Jag for being an idiot in the first place ;)

7. TKeira_Lea

Oct 10, 2002
    Jag is a little lily-livered for my taste, but he found redemption there at the end. Watching her careeron the holonet while you sit at home and order soldiers from behind a desk. He would have been flying if he wasn't afraid of falling in love! I got your Jag figured out Zara!

OK, so great post and I loved this -

?I missed you. You were in my thoughts every, single day. I followed your career on the holonet. I must say that I?m impressed,? Jag began.

?Shut up,? Jaina said, silencing him by placing one elegantly manicured finger on his lips. Jag nodded once, so she removed her finger.

Without even realizing it, the two pilots had stopped dancing. As far as they were concerned, they were the only two beings in the room. As the galaxy slipped away beneath them, they drowned in the emotions revealed in the other?s eyes. Perhaps drawn by some unseen tractor beam, Jag?s lips locked on Jaina?s and Jaina?s on Jag?s. The kiss was at once tender and sweet, yet fiery and passionate. Jaina moaned softly as Jag?s tongue teased her mouth to open. She did so, drawing him closer by wrapping her arms around his neck. He crushed her to him, sealing any remaining space between them, as his strong arms encircled her waist. For a time, they knew only each other, lost in their own, private oblivion on the middle of the dance floor.

:D :p :) [face_love]

OOO-LA-LA

Jaina of course kicks bootah and recovers from her sadness to excel in her role in the military. You better grovel on your knees Jagged Fel.

I have to say I am relieved; I thought you were going to hook Kyp up with Jaina at one point in this series!

BTW- way to go Leia. Moms rock!

8. Griffins_Ember

Griffins_Ember Jedi Youngling

Jul 18, 2002
    SWEEEEETTT!!!!!!!!!

[face_love]!!!!!!!

I LOVE JAGGY!

9. Chimpo_the_Sith

Chimpo_the_Sith Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 15, 2003
    I wondeer How the hell I managed to avoid this stories. I must have been blind.

This stories are great I really like them and I'm happy that Jag finally started thinking. How could he even tell Jaina that he leaves because he don't like to be outside Chiss space. He made Jaina unhappy :mad:.

Good that you not made this story Kyp/Jaina.

More posts soon???

10. TKeira_Lea

Oct 10, 2002
    see I told y'all you would like it

11. Jaina_and_Jag

Apr 19, 2003
    That was beautiful!!! That song really fit. :) I have to say that was cute how he went out on the dancefloor thingy with a drunken red-head. lol.

12. Arissa

Arissa Jedi Master star 4

Apr 7, 2003
    Oh sweetness [face_love]

They were seperated for 4 years :_| sadness!

But they are back togehter [face_love]

I have to say I am relieved; I thought you were going to hook Kyp up with Jaina at one point in this series!

Yeah, I have to admit I read your other posts too but didn´t responed because i was afrait that you are make it K/J

Great post Zara :)

~Arissa

13. Zara_Rose

Jun 23, 2002
    Whoa! Lotsa replies! Melikes! And everyone will get personal replies *crosses fingers* tomorrow I hope. I'd do it now, but I'm falling asleep as it is. One more post remains for this series, so stay tuned.

14. Zara_Rose

Jun 23, 2002
    TKL, yes it was a long one. :D

Shinar, hehehe. Boys certainly are stupid sometimes...especially when it comes to matters of the heart.

TKL, I think I've always kind of seen Jag as a bit of a coward deep down. It's like he tries so hard to be the brave hero, that he's really hiding a "lily-livered" nature. Glad you enjoyed the mush. I don't think I do mush very well; I much prefer angst. Never K/J. The age difference doesn't bother me, but their personalities just don't seem compatible. Moms are the best.

Griffins_Ember, glad you love Jaggy!

Chimpo, yes my dear Sithly monkey, you must've been blind. It's the only logical explanation. Protective of Jaina, aren't you? ;) 8-} One more post as soon as I write it.

TKL, yes, yes you did. Thanks!

Jaina_and_Jag, I was listening to the radio, and knew I had to incorporate it somehow. As for the drunken redhead, let's just say it was a random thought.

Arissa, yes four years is a long time. They're dancing, they're kissing, but are they really together? Only the next post will answer that question.

To anybody who thought about posting but was afraid it might become K/J, I just want to state one, last time no K/J for this girl!

Okay, maybe I'll go work on the next (and last) post, which will answer any questions about K/J, J/J and other such things.

15. Jaina_and_Jag

Apr 19, 2003
    I liked that random thought. I thought it was funny. lol. *cracks up again*

Last post? *cries* *becomes happy* That's alright. It'll be done and I won't have to wait for another postie. *cries again* But *sobs* I *sobs* want *sobs* to *sobs* wait *sobs* for *sobs* more *sobs* posties!! *breaks down* *stops crying* Oh well. I can just wait for this last postie! *dances around happily* I know I'm weird. You don't have to tell me.

16. JainaJag00

JainaJag00 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 11, 2002
    very very sweet! now... i look fwd to that last post here.

-jj00

17. Jaina_and_Jag

Apr 19, 2003
  18. TKeira_Lea

Oct 10, 2002
    Jag a coward deep down, interesting twist to that front he puts up. Maybe just playacting who daddy wants him to be, learned from his mom. OK, so then your Jag sitting behind the desk makes perfect sense, running away from Jaina, etc. Good sell my kickboxing-guardian angel friend!

All right I look forward to the last one!

19. Jaina_and_Jag

Apr 19, 2003
  20. Jaina_and_Jag

Apr 19, 2003
  21. Lt_Jaina_Solo

Lt_Jaina_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

May 27, 2002
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!
    [face_love] [face_love] [face_love] [face_love] [face_love] [face_love] [face_love] [face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

Awesome job on that Zara! I loved it!

22. Sith_Priestess

Sith_Priestess Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 18, 2003
    I just found this story and must say that it is one of the best and most well-written things I have ever read on theses boards. The emotion of the characters can be easily felt and the characterization is exsquisite. I was in tears at the last post from pure joy that they were together and the truth of the song. You have done a amrvelous job, Zara. Bravo. I anxiously await the next post.

~Priestess

23. TKeira_Lea

Oct 10, 2002
    I agree with Sith_Priestess

therefore when is our next post my kickboxing friend?

24. Jaina_and_Jag

Apr 19, 2003
    UP!!! Postie soon? I have a feeling it's going to be really really good and I can't wait!

25. lordmaul13

lordmaul13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 18, 2000
    *delurks*

I saw these awhile back and read them pretty much as they came out. You did a great job with the emotion in this series. You had me heartbroken in the first and happy as can be in the last. Hope it works out and I get to stay happy in the next. :)

lordmaul13

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.