main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Take two aspirin and call me in the morning...the SICK thread.

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by Mistress, Nov 13, 2008.

1. ZOOfo-Dyas

ZOOfo-Dyas Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Flexeril - Check
    Dilaudid - Check
    Antibiotic - Check
    Mucinex - Check

This weekend seriously sucks

2. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    So sorry ZOO, hope you get well fast, but if you don't rest... You will not!!! So rest up.

3. FanForced

FanForced Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2007
    Do not throw up soup! That is so gross when it comes up warm. Gross enough to make me want to throw up.
    [face_sick]

4. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    we are all just sad. :)

i am trying to rest, but those dang cleaning faeries refuse to come by and the kitties won't help either. :(

i the bathroom almost all picked up. there is no way i can scrub anything tho...that will HAVE to wait. just a few more things i need to pick up off the living room floor...but now resting and watching Jurassic Park 2.

5. ZOOfo-Dyas

Oct 3, 2004
    The pain finally subsided (with the appropriate pharmaceutical assistance) and now I am just trying to keep this pesky little bug from entrenching itself in my chest. Mostly just a sore throat & some congestion right now, but the doc wanted to be on the safe side, hence the antibiotics and mucus thinners (and because of all my exposure to the little germ factories).

6. Mistress

Mistress Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 28, 2002
    I dont know if its all the talk of puking, or all the eating, or the huge laughing fit I had earlier today due to a hilarious yet wildly tasteless email attachment I received...but my stomach is seriously out of whack. That and my eye keeps twitching. My right eye started twitching while I was on vacation, and it does it several times a day. Perhaps I need to be put out to pasture. [face_skull]

7. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    you and me both sister...i just ate meat...BAD idea. now i am feeling a bit pukey. [face_sick]

8. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    i am fighting feeling bad today...i can tell my sinuses are trying to move south. ack! BUT i will trimuph! I am going to work out today too...hopefully it won't kill me. ;)

9. ZOOfo-Dyas

Oct 3, 2004
    How to tell what ZOO has?
    If I sound like a truck driver... It's a head cold
    If I sound like Minnie Mouse... It's a chest cold

Just call me Ralph. :oops:

10. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002

Ralph would be better than Minnie, though...right? ;)

11. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    For ZOO, I'm thinking yes. Yes, that's my final answer!

Hope you feel better soon.

12. ZOOfo-Dyas

Oct 3, 2004
    Yes, Ralph is better than Minnie... The trick is to keep from one turning into the other. :rolleyes:

I can't even remember the last time I had a true head cold, but I think it's because I am blocking it out. These damn things hurt. [face_beatup]

13. gra-co_o_hun

gra-co_o_hun Jedi Master star 5

May 5, 2005
    Darnit Zoo, tis the season for illness, huh? I'm sorry you are under the weather and I know you have been such a trooper lately.

Please get some rest as soon as you can.

One of the monkeys in the art dept has a cold too. Uh-Oh! Emergen-C here I come!

14. ZOOfo-Dyas

Oct 3, 2004
    Now, if I can just keep the little germ factories in their own homes for a week or more, I might be able to beat this thing. Sunshine gave me this one. And it looks like Stinkerbell may have picked it up, too. She has the sore throat today. :(

15. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    Yes, too many germ factories [face_sick]

16. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    they are carrier monkies i tell you! [face_monkey]

i hope i spelled that right

17. RubberDuckTape

RubberDuckTape Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 27, 2003
    I was having a dream that I was being poisoned, complete with the excruciating pain, stomach cramps, sweating and chills, and when I woke up at 2 am, I had to run for the bathroom. By 5 am I was able to drag myself back to bed, but even now my tummy feels weird, and not like "coming out both ends for several hours" weird, but the 'bleeeerrrrrgggghhhhh' weird.

[face_sick]

[face_beatup]

18. catz44

catz44 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Kind of sounds like when I got food poisoning.....[face_sick]

19. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002

I havent seen you in a long time, so I cannot blame it on you...but with the exception of dreaming about it the exact same thing happened to me this morning! :p

I was supposed to do a presentation this morning, but what with running for the bathroom every fifteen minutes, I emailed my prof to tell her I aint coming in. Strangely enough I dont feel as bad (tummy) between trips to the lavatory as I did all day yesterday. Maybe I am getting better already. o_O

20. RubberDuckTape

Oct 27, 2003
    the strangest thing was that when I was rinsing out my mouth afterwards, the water tasted sweet, like it was sprite or something, but even the water from the faucet tasted like that.

o_O

21. ZOOfo-Dyas

Oct 3, 2004
    Is your breathe sweet smelling? Like almost a sickly sweet smell? Kind of like the way whiskey smells.

22. RubberDuckTape

Oct 27, 2003
    after throwing up through my nose, I really can't tell what anything smells like :p

23. ZOOfo-Dyas

Oct 3, 2004
    Have someone else smell your breath :p

If it smells like you've been drinking (think fruity with a side of nail polish remover), and you haven't, you need to go see a doctor. When you mentioned the sweet taste it reminded me of Ketoacidosis, which is something we were trained to recognize in the field as an EMT.

24. RubberDuckTape

Oct 27, 2003
    well, since I haven't thrown up for a few hours, and after I did, I brushed my teeth, rinsed with listerine and have been eating yoghurt and sipping sprite since then, I doubt that anyone could smell it. I actually just got a call from my doctor and she wasn't really concerned when I asked about it and there IS a stomach flu going around...

:oops:

25. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002

Yes...yes there is. [face_sick]

Stay away from P-town! The plague is here!!