main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Talon Squad - Chapter 8: Back in action!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Idiots Array, May 13, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lilith Demodae

Lilith Demodae Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 1, 1999
    <<Hmm, I seem to have forgotten to give myself a rank. Oops. What would be appropriate?>>

Nash prowled the main ready room for Talon Squadron. Her tail lashed back and forth behind her, an outer sign of her inward tension.

Four, a pitiful measly four beings made up the once proud Talon squad.

It was laughable.

Certainly Talon Squad wasn't a household word in the New Republic, but most everyone in the military had heard of them and the mission they had acccomplished, again and again, against overwhelming odds. They were living legends in a time of upheaval and great change.

They were helping to keep the New Republic together. They were fighting the Empire the best way they knew how.

That last was the most important thing to Nash. Her hatred for the Empire was a deep and abiding emotion that would likely outlast her physical body.

She knew they, the ex-Talons, were onboard the Herron.

It would be the next best thing to impossible to hide them from such as her on board a vessel of this size.

The quandry for her was whether or not she should turn them in.

Nash had been fanatically loyal to the Rebellion and then the New Republic from the very start, but now she was torn. The Talons were fighting the Empire, more power to them, but they had been cast out of the Fleet and branded traitors by the New Republic.

How to decide?

If she didn't hurry the decision would be made for her, since they were planning to leave soon.

Nashraak's ears flattened against her skull in frustration and her tail practically twisted itself in knots.

She paced with a sort of desperate speed, but soon slowed, her eyes drifting shut as she came to a stop in the middle of the room. She sought her center, and found her balance.

She had her orders. She was to report to Captain Starkiller on board the Herron and then await his commands.

The Captain had not said anything about reconasance within the vessel, so, technically, she had not really done it. If she had not actually gone roaming about the ship she obviously had not seen several members, ex-members she reminded herself, of Talon squad prepping ships for flight. If she hadn't seen them, then she couldn't turn them in for doing something she hadn't seen, now could she?

Some might have been disturbed by how easily Nash rationalized her way through it, but when you'd actually served as an assassin for the Rebellion you learned to rationalize just about anything.

Problem solved, Nash wandered over to the couch and flung herself down into it to see if there wasn't someting playing on the holovid for off-duty personel that she could watch to pass the time until real orders came.

2. Trika_Kenobi

Trika_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 4, 1999
    Trika heard something to the effect of an alert.
    Trika's eyes snapped open, her hand automatically reaching for her lightsaber.
    Trika immediately fell off the bed.
    Landing on the floor painfully, Trika Kenobi moaned. Ouch. That was going to leave a mark.
    You certainly have a way with falling out of beds, don't you?
    "Tiasri Kiatp," she mumbled in her native tongue, the equivelent of "shut up". Trika pushed herself up and stood, grabbing her lightsaber and walking out the door into the hallway.
    The other Talons, er, she supposed she should have thought of "civilians guilty until proven innocent" were getting up as well. Trika picked up her pace, running to the hanger bay, where she found an anxious Mara Jade telling something to General Ski, the B-Wings prepped, and Major Rosche standing in the midst of it all.
    "...called a Hover Sphere."
    Trika snapped her attention away from Rosche. "A Hover Sphere?"
    Force, what in the name of Sith did that mean?

[This message has been edited by Trika_Kenobi (edited 05-25-2000).]

3. Laguna

Laguna Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 26, 2000
    <<<TSL, I'm emailing you about this current plot line.>>>

4. LeiaB

LeiaB Jedi Youngling star 2

May 30, 1999
    Homer was still scanning the information that now appeared on the computer screen. Mara had been successful in finding a link between Mulder and Frohike, that much was clear.

CiCi stood behind him with her hands on his shoulders. "We'll have to be careful how we present this to the council." CiCi said with a sigh, "While it proves the evidence against the Talons was false, I want Frohike to go down. We must make certain to have enough against him to prove he was working for Mulder. He had to be doing it for some type of reward...or payment."

Homer completed making his copy of the disk and put the origional in a hop box and locked it in the desk drawer. He stood and turned to face CiCi, grabbing both of her hands in his. "In all honesty, we don't know who else he could be working with in the council. We only have one shot at this," he kissed her briefly and continued, "I don't want to present it until we are completely prepared."

"Well, I can contact an old accquaintence in Sector V Squad, and see if he knows anything. Better still, perhaps we need to have a little talk with Frokike himself." CiCi smiled."I think it is time we gathered the new squad togehter."

"Yes." Homer nodded, picking up his file and scanning down the roster, "We have three new member who arrived this morning. That puts the squad count up to eight. Not much to work with, but we'll make due. Make an announcement and let's meet in the D-level conference room in three hours."

"Yes captain. Right away." CiCi winked at Homer and exited. She was anxious to get to work once again.

5. Darth Homer 327

Darth Homer 327 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 24, 1999
    Homer watched CiCi leave, to go announce a meeting of the new sqadron. He picked up his commlink, and called over to one of the crew officers.

"Officer, this is Captain Starkiller, Have the new ships arrived yet?" Homer asked.

"Uh.. yes sir, they just arrived." The officer replied.

"Could you give me a description of the ships?" Homer asked.

"Sure... three X-wings, two B-wings, three Y-wings, one A-wing, and two pilots." The officer responded.

"More pilots? Good. Thank you officer." Homer cut off his commlink.

Now there was ten members in the new squad. Homer was about to head down to the hangar, to inspect the ships and meet the new pilots, when Mon Mothma Appeared on the holo-vid.

"Captain Starkiller, I have your first assignment for you with the new Talon Squadron." Mon Mothma said

Homer listened intently, as Mon Mothma gave him his orders.

6. Lilith Demodae

Oct 1, 1999
    Nashraak prowled into the D-level conference room five minutes early and claimed a seat in one corner, where the overhead lights cast the least light and leaned back against the wall to watch as the other members of the slowly growing squadron filtered into the room.

Her nose worked constantly, her whisker twiching, as she memorized the scent of each of her squadron mates. It would be important to know each of them without having to rely on sight. Vision could be a particularly misleading sense in any case. Scent was much harder to properly duplicate or disguise and the Trianni vastly preferred it as a means of identification.

One pilot almost walked right into her before she hissed warningly to alert him to her presence there in the corner.

His startled shout drew amused laughter from the others and Shadow decided that it was time to stop playing.

The Captain would soon arrive and give them the briefing on their first mission as a squadron.

7. Darth Agent Mulder

Darth Agent Mulder Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 14, 2000
    Darth Agent Mulder sat in one of the many open spaces in his Hover Sphere, the next Death Star, if you will. But it was never to be.
    He sighed, his red eyes loosing their glow with frustration. Things had been so right, so positively infallable. How could anything have gone wrong?
    He had failed his brother.
    And now the Talons were after him. How long could he keep this up? For Force's sake, he'd been "killed" a hundred and twenty-eight separate times!
    Maybe his time had come. He had seen many visions through the Force, visions of the future. It sent a cold shiver up his spine. In none of the upcoming scenarios did he ever survive the dream.
    The evil forces would live on. Sure, he was paranoid and insane, really paranoid and insane, but the rest of the evil forces were well. With the child Reyanna was carrying, evil would be ensured for another generation.
    "My Lord?"
    Mulder looked up. "Yes, ensign?"
    "We've word that the dismissed Talons are banning together. They're headed this way."
    Mulder nodded, silently dismissing the officer. He closed his eyes, mentally cursing himself.
    He had failed his brother.

[This message has been edited by Darth Agent Mulder (edited 05-25-2000).]

8. Jedi-Jade

Jedi-Jade Jedi Master star 4

Nov 21, 1999
    Could someone help me out and tell me what's going on? Thanks!

9. LeiaB

May 30, 1999
    CiCi and Homer walked down the D-level corridor on their way to the first briefing of the new Talon Squad. The hall was empty and Homer slipped his had into CiCi's as they walked in silence. CiCi could tell he was lost in thought and decided to not interrupt him with her own. Once they approached the conference room door, he pulled her close to him and wrapped his arms around her.

"Mon Mothma contacted me shortly after you left," he said close to her ear, "She has given us a mission...but, clearing the team and talking to Frohike is still a primary concern."

"Do you think the new pilots will look at the Talons as traitors, as the Republic does?" CiCi asked, staring up into his eyes.

"It's hard to say." Homers brow raised as he continued, "We must be careful how we handle this." He kissed he softly and whispered, "Wish me luck."

"Good luck, Captain." CiCi stepped back and dropped his hand. They entered the conference room and CiCi took a seat at the table next to Mekial. She felt confortable with the two other Talon members in the room, Mekial and Melarnn. They would be a huge asset to the team.

She glanced around the table. They were an interestering bunch, that was for sure. But she was anxious to get to know the five unknown face that were now staring up at Insei and Homer, who were calling the meeting to order.

[This message has been edited by LeiaB (edited 05-26-2000).]

10. Trika_Kenobi

Nov 4, 1999
    Okay, people, this is pathetic. I feel like I'm running the show. Nobody from the dismissed Talons has posted since my last one about twenty years ago. Post, people, post!

11. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    (Ok, Tirka-I'll post!)

Cobra Dix, Jik Hawk and Jaren Kai sat down in the Breifing Room of Herron.
    "Captain Kai," Hawk began. "Salvo Squad has lost a pilot- Jack Thosan. He has been transfered to Endurance Squadron."
    "Why?" Kai asked.
    "Yea, why did he leave the Salvos?" Cobra also inquired.
    "That is unknown," the colonel said. "We have a replacement though. Major Tericle. He is almost as good as a pilot as Thosan was, although his area of specialty is being a medic."
    "Thank you, sir," Jaren said.

12. Jedi-Jade

Jedi-Jade Jedi Master star 4

Nov 21, 1999
    Telia was sleeping alone in her and Jarens' room. As soon as she was rescued, Jaren and everyone else ordered her to complete bedrest until she got some of her strength back. Jaren had carried her into their room and she was asleep before her head even hit the pillow; mostly because she didn't want to face all the of the baby gifts, as well as the all ready made crib.

Her dreams were void of emotion. She and Jaren had been through so much these last couple of weeks, that her body seemed to be in a self induced coma.

A stir of the bed and a stroke of her cheek caused her to wake up. It was Jaren, wearing a concerned look on his face.

"Hey sweetheart. Sorry to wake you up, I know that you need your sleep."

Telia rubbed some sleep from her eyes, and traced Jarens defined face with her hand. "Thanks o.k. Having you next to me is better than any sleep. What's going on? Am I need down at the breifing room."

"I just came to let you know what was going on."

"Is there any word about the rest of the Talons'?" She tried to sit up, but Jaren gently pushed her back down.

"Yep, their are with Salvo Squadron, training to go after Mulder." He saw her eyes focus on the baby crib. "No. Absolutly not. I am not going to let you go and jeapardize your health again. Stay out of this fight."

She sat up against Jarens' arguments. "What are you going to do if I do go?"

13. Idiots Array

Idiots Array Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 3, 2000
    "I need to get out of here, Jaren," Telia said, starting to stand. She was a bit shaky at first, but she quickly got her balance. "I need to get my mind off of everything."

Jaren thought about that for a moment and then nodded consent. He knew what she was thinking; he was feeling the same thing. They had both been feeling helpless since they lost the baby and were anxious to get back into action again. "I know what you mean Tel. We need to get to the bottom of all of this." Even though he didn't say the words, they both knew he wasn't just refering to the court martials. He was also talking about the anomolous medical readings that seemed to point to Mulder being the cause of Telia's miscarriage. "I'll talk to the doctors about getting you back on active duty again."

"Thanks for understainding Jaren," Telia said with a bit of a smile. "Come on, lets get to the briefing room."

14. Darth Homer 327

Dec 24, 1999
    All the new Talons sat around a large dura-steel table. a holo-projector was located at the center of the table. A transparent Republic symbol rotated slowly, coming from out of the holo-proj.

Homer looked at the new squadron, and began to speak.

"Welcome to Talon Squadron. I'm Captain Homer Starkiller, Jedi Knight, and current Talon Squadron leader. I've worked with some of you before, some of you are new. Hopefully we all become a very close knit team. The new ships have arrived, asd I have assigned you each a fighter. Talons 2,3,4, and 5 will have X-wings. Talons 6,7, and 8 will have Y-wings. Talons 9 and 10 will have B-wings. I will fly an A-wing. I have just recieved out first orders from Mon Mothma herself. I will be breifing you on them shortly. First, I'd like you to introduce yourselves, going around the table, as it comes to you." Homer said.

Insei stood up first.

"Lt. Insei Starborne. Talon 2." He said.

"Lt. CiCi Draven. Talon 3." CiCi said.

"Lt. Nashraak. Talon 4." the intimidating Trianni hissed.

"Flight Officer Tera Remeth. Talon 5." a young brunette woman said.

"Flight Officer Maai Uzzi. Talon 6." a short calamarian said.

"Flight Officer Ben Lystria. Talon 7." a dark skinned human said.

"Flight Officer Arkan Jerbolt. Talon 8." a tall, skinny human said.

"Flight Officer Sath Kaytorn. Talon 9." a tall, muscular, and intelligent young man said.

"Flight Officer Cassia Hope. Talon 10." a young red haired woman said.

"Alright, its nice to meet all of you. Now We will be discussing our first mission." Homer said, flipping on the holo-projector.

A hologram of a large Star Destroyer appeared.

"This is the Black Star Destroyer. Its obviously of Imperial origin. It has been located in the Anoat system. The New Republic has been unable to determine its reason for being there, as it has not yet tried any offensive attacks. The inhabitants are unknown, and they most likely oblivious to the fact that we know they are there. Our mission, is to find out who is aboard this ship, find out what they are doing, and should it come down to an emergency situation, destroy it, and it's passengers. Now we will be discussing our plan of investigation, and possible attack. The floor is open to any ideas." Homer said solemly.

[This message has been edited by Darth Homer 327 (edited 05-28-2000).]

15. Darth McClain

Feb 5, 2000
    "Sir," Sath Kaytorn asked. "Do you know what class of ship that is?"
    "No, Flight Officer Kaytorn, I do not," Homer said. "It appears to be a mix between an ISDIII and an Alliegance-class Star Destroyer."
    "Thank you, sir," Sath said. "Do you know how many officers and stormies...er stormtroopers there are on it?"
    "No," Captain Starkiller replied.

16. Darth Agent Mulder

Darth Agent Mulder Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 14, 2000
    Darth Agent Mulder laughed insanely. Who knew what in the world the Talons were thinking. They weren't moving!
    Mulder laughed as another planet burst into bright colors, annihilated before his very eyes.
    "Ensign!" Mulder called, standing up and looking out into space.
    "Yes, sir?"
    "Tell me if I'm insane, but you see that planet over there?"
    The officer turned, and as if on cue, the entire form blew up.
    "Now you don't!" Mulder laughed before the officer could say something.
    "Uh, my Lord, I honestly think that you need your rest," the Ensign took Mulder's arm and started to lead him to his quarters-
    "Me?" Mulder asked incredulously, stopping the other in his tracks. "I'm perfectly fine-"
    "Uh, no, sir, you aren't."
    Mulder started to skip around the bridge, catching glimpses of astonished faces on the Imperial officers on board the Unnatural while singing his version of "I Scream, You Scream, We All Scream for Ice Cream".
    "My Lord, you're not right. Please tell me what's making you so," he stopped, looking at Mulder jump fromt he communications console to the computer techs area, "insane."
    The Dark Lord of the Sith ceased his joy for a moment and stared into the Ensign's eyes. At a glance, it looked as though Mulder might burst into a raging storm. He just laughed.
    "I'm going insane because the Talons are so slow. Force, how many planets will it take for them to get a clue?!" Mulder shifted his gaze out the window. "Blow that one up."
    The officer nodded, giving the order and watching the half-way completed Hover Sphere make dust particles out of greenery. Mulder laughed, jumping on the console once again and standing on his head.
    "You know, Ensign," he started. "If they keep me waiting much longer, I'll just start growing hair on my head! Blue-black hair!"
    "Sir," the other began, temporarily annoyed. "That is an impossibility. Your species does not grow hair on their head."
    "That's what you think," Mulder pointed out. "I'll buy some of that stuff that makes you grow hair. By the time it grows to this length," Mulder touched his shoulder, I'll be dead and they won't have to worry about me!" He started to laugh again.
    The Ensign rolled his eyes. "We could only hope," he muttered under his breath.
    "And best of all," Mulder continued, falling off the console and landing on his feet, "I'll have no need to wait for them or be insane anymore! I'll be dead!"

17. Darth Homer 327

Dec 24, 1999
    <<riiiiiiight. confused.gif >>

18. Talon Squad Leader

Talon Squad Leader Former Manager star 5

Dec 22, 1999
    <<Okay, we are quite lost here. We need some new ideas to roll past as well as the old plots to get over with. Please post and wrap up some of this "old news" so we can get on with the next edition. Thanks. >>

19. Trika_Kenobi

Nov 4, 1999
    <<Whoa, I think Mulder's gone off his rocker...right on his head...>>

"No, really, what the heck does this 'Hover Sphere' mean?"
    Mara Jade shook her head. "I'm not really sure what it means."
    Trika sighed. Great. What would this do to the New Republic?
    Nobody said a word.
    "So," Trika said conversationally to General Ski, "what are we gonna do about it?"

20. Laguna

Laguna Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 26, 2000
    Quis was wrenched from her sleep by the chime of the terminal beside her. What time was it? She'd fallen asleep hours ago.

"Incoming Transmission for Heartilly, Quis. Please enter your Access Password."

W-H-A-T-I-S-T-H-E-M-A-T-R-I-X she typed.

The terminal chimed again and the face of Axen Orlantha filled the screen.

"Hello again, Miss Heartilly. I trust you're enjoying your rest?"

"Yeah, something like that," she responded.

"Good. By now Talon Squadron has recieved word of this 'Hover Sphere' Mulder's got his hands on?"

"That's right."

"Excellent, my efforts have not been in vain."

"Your efforts?"

"Yes. The situation on Coruscant has become somewhat... volatile. I can no longer stay. Shinra is dead, whether at the hands of the committee or Mulder I can't yet determine. I am presently en route to the Herron. I will brief you there."

The channel closed and the screen darkened. Quis leaned back slowly in the chair and released a long sigh.

21. Ty-gon Jinn

Ty-gon Jinn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 12, 2000
    "My Lady Sondara," Greywolfe greeted as the Jackal landed in the Black Star Destroyer.
    "Lord Greywolfe," she replied. "Please come with me. Reyanna and I have some news."

Ty-gon stood in the hall listening to the conversation around him, something about a Hover Sphere. Apparently Mulder was blowing up planets, a Sith Lord had taken control of some Outer Rim systems, rumors were flying.
    "Five planets were destroyed in the last hour," Mekial was saying, having seen it through a spy camera.
    "Five?"
    "Mulder would be insane to try that!" she said.
    "Maybe he is," Jinn responded. "Maybe all those near-death/actual-death experiences may have taken their toll."

Obi-wan rolled out of bed on to the floor, waking up with a jolt.
    He slept in his flight suit pants and shoes- now he pulled the shirt on and stumbled in to the hall, nearly running into his brother, who was saying something about Mulder being insane. Mara walked by and greeted him with a kiss. "Have you picked a day for the wedding yet?" he asked.
    Suddenly, before she could answer, Ric Ski came running down the hall. "The General wants us in the hangar."
    And with that, the "Squad" took off down the length of the ship.

Greywolfe laughed. "Carre, you're an evil genius. Mulder already has us branded as backstabbers, why not make the best of it?"
    "Consider yourself lucky that we decided to cut you in on this," Reyanna said.
    "I consider myself lucky that you haven't cut me out of this with one of your zenji needles. But listen to this- I managed to get several systems under my control. With Mulder in the mental state he's in, he won't notice he doesn't have them anymore."
    "Whatever you do," Carre said menacingly, "Don't even go near Ash. He's a pawn to Mulder, a way to keep up."
    "I wouldn't dream of it."

The ex-Talons got to the hangar the same time Quis did.
    Several new ships had arrived, probably for the new Talons.
    "Nice to see you again, Q," Ty-gon greeted.
    Then the room went quiet as Kevin Ski began speaking. "Today's objective is to go after Mulder. He'll be here," he pointed to a spot on the holo-map, "In his half-finished 'Hover Sphere'. It isn't very well-guarded, save for the two SSDs orbiting it- the Unnatural and the Sixth Extinction. We can use the Eagle to distract the SSDs, then our fighters will enter the Sphere. He will have TIEs, but Salvo Squadron will accompany us to draw their fire. Man your ships, and may the Force be with you."
    All the ex-Talons and Salvos did. Ty-gon, in his A-wing, was the last to leave. The squad's droids would be flying in the Eagle, leaving no trace of them on board the Heron. Before he could clear the hangar, he saw Homer and CiCi walk in and stop dead in their tracks.

"Insei, Nash," Homer yelled to the officcers behind him, "stall the others until I say it's okay to go."
    He heard protests, but his orders were followed.
    Ty-gon nodded a huge thanks to Homer, then cleared the ship and jumped to hyperspace.
    The new Talons then filled the hangar.

22. LeiaB

May 30, 1999
    <<Great post Ty-Gon. Sounded like a good wrap up and lead in to Chapter 9

23. Ty-gon Jinn

Ty-gon Jinn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 12, 2000
    Thanks, LeiaB!

24. Darth McClain

Feb 5, 2000
    Very good, Ty-Gon!

25. Lilith Demodae

Oct 1, 1999
    Nashraak immediately knew what was up. She turned and raised a hand to stop those following her.

"Before we go any further," she began in her carefully pronounced Basic, "I would like to know if there are any questions regarding what we are about to do?"

Arkan looked confused. "Didn't we just go over all of this?" he asked.

"It is never wrong to make sure," the Trianni half growled and Arkan was suddenly quite sure that he did not want to know just what kind of 'making sure' Nashraak had done in the past.

"We are going to go to the Anoat system for a ground recon, to see what we might learn about the Black Star Destroyer." Maai spoke into the sudden silnece with her slightly gurgly voice. "Failing that we will then make plans for a infiltration of the SD itself to gather the information we seek."

"A good outline," Insei replied, catching on the act and the reason behind it. "But not what she asked. Lt. Nashraak asked if there were any questions."

There was a chorus of 'no, sir's among the pilots folooowed almost immediately by the sound of small craft engines in the hanger beyond.

"What was that?" Cassia asked when intellegible speech was again possible.

"What was what, Officer Hope?" Nash asked in a nonchalant, 'I didn't hear a thing' manner.

Cassia got the hint and curbed her curiosity. "Nothing, sir."

"Very well," Nash's sensitive ears were still ringing from the noise of the exiting fighters, but she clearly heard Captain Starkiller call a come ahead at them. "If there are no -other- questions," she paused meaning fully and all the pilots shook their heads, "Then proceed to your craft. Fly well and good hunting."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.